Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Personality Types

Mr. Shoe

I got ENFP. So I align with Pinkie Pie once again. =P

Extraverted: 56%

Intuitive: 25%

Feeling: 50%

Perceiving: 22%

[The following comes partially from the archetype, but mostly from my own dealings with ENFPs.]

ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of a cosmic whole. They want to both help and to be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. This is rarely a problem for the ENFP, as they are outgoing and warm, and genuinely like people. Some ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality.

ENFPs often have strong, if sometimes surprising, values and viewpoints. They tend to try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade others gently (though enthusiastically) of the rightness of these views; this sometimes results in the ENFP neglecting their nearest and dearest while caught up their efforts to change the world.

ENFPs can be the warmest, kindest, and most sympathetic of mates; affectionate, demonstrative, and spontaneous. Many in relationships with an ENFP literally say, "They light up my life." But there is usually a trade-off: the partner must be willing to deal with the practical and financial aspects of the relationship, and the ENFP must be allowed the freedom to follow their latest path, whatever that entails.

For some ENFPs, relationships can be seriously tested by their short attention spans and emotional needs. They are easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting their older and more familiar emotional ties for long stretches at a time. And the less mature ENFP may need to feel they’re the constant center of attention, to confirm their image of themselves as a wonderful and fascinating person.

In the workplace, ENFPs are pleasant and friendly, and interact in a positive and creative manner with both their co-workers and the public. ENFPs are also a major asset in brainstorming sessions; follow-through on projects can be a problem, however. ENFPs do get distracted, especially if another interesting issue comes along. They also tend towards procrastination, and dislike performing small, uninteresting tasks. ENFPs are most productive when working in a group with a few Js to handle the details and the deadlines.

Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving

by Joe Butt

ENFPs are friendly folks. Most are really enjoyable people. Some of the most soft-hearted people are ENFPs.

ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Som etimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.

One study has shown that ENFPs are significantly overrepresented in psychodrama. Most have a natural propensity for role-playing and acting.

ENFPs like to tell funny stories, especially about their friends. This penchant may be why many are attracted to journalism. I kid one of my ENFP friends that if I want the sixth fleet to know something, I'll just tell him.

ENFPs are global learners. Close enough is satisfactory to the ENFP, which may unnerve more precise thinking types, especially with such things as piano practice ("three quarter notes or four ... what's the difference?") Amazingly, some ENFPs are adept at exacting disciplines such as mathematics.

Friends are what life is about to ENFPs, moreso even than the other NFs. They hold up their end of the relationship, sometimes being victimized by less caring individuals. ENFPs are energized by being around people. Some have real difficulty being alone , especially on a regular basis.

One ENFP colleague, a social worker, had such tremendous interpersonal skills that she put her interviewers at ease during her own job interview. She had the ability to make strangers feel like old friends.

ENFPs sometimes can be blindsided by their secondary Feeling function. Hasty decisions based on deeply felt values may boil over with unpredictable results. More than one ENFP has abruptly quit a job in such a moment.

Functional Analysis:

Extraverted iNtuition

The physical world, both geos and kosmos, is the ENFP's primary source of information. Rather than sensing things as they are, dominant intuition is sensitive to things as they might be. These extraverted intuitives are most adept with patterns and connections. Their natural inclination is toward relationships, especially among people or living things.

Intuition leans heavily on feeling for meaning and focus. Its best patterns reflect the interesting points of people, giving rise to caricatures of manner, speech and expression.

Introverted Feeling

Auxiliary feeling is nonverbally implied more often than it is openly expressed. When expressed, this logic has an aura of romance and purity that may seem out of place in this flawed, imperfect world. In its own defense, feeling judgement frequently and fleetly gives way to humor. ENFPs who publicize their feelings too often may put off some of the crowd of friends they naturally attract.

Extraverted Thinking

Thinking, the process which runs to impersonal conclusions, holds the extraverted tertiary position. Used on an occasional basis, ENFPs may benefit greatly from this ability. Less mature and lacking the polish of higher order functions, Thinking is not well suited to be used as a prominent function. As with other FP types, the ENFP unwary of Thinking's limitations may find themselves most positively mistaken.

Introverted Sensing

Sensing, the least discernible ENFP function, resides in the inner world where reality is reduced to symbols and icons--ideas representing essences of external realities. Under the influence of the ever-present intuition, the ENFP's sensory perceptions are in danger of being replaced by hypothetical data consistent with pattern and paradigm. When it is protected and nourished, introverted sensing provides information about the fixed. From such firm anchoring ENFPs are best equipped to launch into thousands of plausibilities and curiosities yet to be imagined.

Perhaps the combination of introverted Feeling and childlike introverted Sensing is responsible for the silent pull of ENFPs to the wishes of parents, authority figures and friends. Or perhaps it's the predominance of indecisive intuition in combination with the ambiguity of secondary Fi and tertiary Te that induces these kind souls to capitulate even life-affecting decisions. Whatever the dynamic, ENFPs are strongly influenced by the opinions of their friends.

Famous ENFPs:

Franz Joseph Haydn

Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)

Will Rogers

Buster Keaton

Theodor "Dr." Seuss Geisel (The Cat in the Hat)

Mickey Rooney

James Dobson ("Focus on the Family")

Andy Rooney

Carol Burnett

Paul Harvey

Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched)

Bill Cosby (Ghost Dad)

Dom Delouise, actor

Dave Thomas, owner of Wendy's hamburger chain

Lewis Grizzard, newspaper columnist

I. King Jordan, past president of Gallaudet University

Martin Short, actor-comedian

Meg Ryan, actor (When Harry Met Sally)

Robin Williams, actor, comedian (Dead Poet's Society, Mrs. Doubtfire)

Sandra Bullock, actor (Speed, While You Were Sleeping)

Robert Downey Jr.(Ironman)

Alicia Silverstone (Clueless)

Sinbad

Andy Kaufman

Regis Philbin

Will Smith

Fictional:

Dr. Doug Ross (ER)

Balkie (Perfect Strangers)

Ariel (The Little Mermaid)

Steve Irkle

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

I'm ISFP

• very expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed sensing personality
  • slightly expressed feeling personality
  • slightly expressed perceiving personality
also, like Fluttershy.

Oh, it's THIS test! I took in on this site http://www.mypersonality.info/ moths (a year?) ago, you can save your result there, and I did it again and checked the previous result and both times I got the same: INFP. I guess that's good, I answered the same way or something :P

introverted 11, intuitive and feeling 50, perceiving 33 :)

• 4 months later...

I recently stumbled onto an interesting categorization of personality types, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. Basically, it uses four pairs of opposite personality traits to divide all personalities into 16 archetypes. While everypony is unique, the vast majority of people should identify with one of these 16. While normally administered in person by a psychologist, MBTI tests can be done online for free on a multitude of websites. After taking some tests the whole I/E S/N T/F P/J lingo will become familiar. The three I'd recommend are:

http://www.teamtechn.../questionnaire/

http://www.humanmetr...win/jtypes2.asp

http://www.personali..._inventory.html

The first two are composed of a large number of simple questions. The third simply presents the four opposing pairs of traits and asks you to pick which one best describes you. To get very accurate results, I suggest taking all three. A paragraph-long description of each type can be found here: http://www.myersbrig...-types.asp#ISTJ

If the three tests reach some disagreement, I recommend looking at those paragraph-long descriptions to sort out what type you are. If you want to be really thorough, look at all 16 of them, isolating variables one by one, to help determine your MBTI type. Once you know your likely type, I recommend reading more detailed portraits of the types here: https://www.personal.../portraits.html. Some of the other subpages of that website have even more information, more than you could ever need in contemplating your personality.

And of course, to encourage you all, there IS a pony MBTI chart (it's actually how I discovered MBTI in the first place), though I recommend you save it for the end so your test results are not influeced by trying to mimic your favorite pony. Chart here.

TLDR Version: Click the links, look at cool stuff, figure it out yourself.

_____

And of course, post results so we can see what pony's personality is most common in Bronydom. In addition, post your favorite pony's personality (if your favorite pony is on the MLP-MBTI chart) to see how it relates to your own.

My personal results:

Previous tests I did last week: INTP

Teamtechnology test: INTJ, possible INTP.

Humanmetrics test: INTJ, J being weak.

PersonalityPathways test: INTP

Whole-type Analysis: INTP. I lack the organization/leadership/goal-directedness of INTJ, although I feel that I often try to become more Judging than Perceptive. So, more accurately I'm an INTP wanting to be more of an INTJ.

My equal adoration of Twilight and Trixie appears a bit confusing. While Twilight is not a perfect INTP match, being perhaps more Judging than Perceptive, I'm not either. It makes perfect sense that I'd be fond of Twi, a character so similar to myself, but Trixie is more confusing. I feel, for whatever reason, quite comfortable around even extreme ENTJ (Trixie-ish) personalities that others often loathe. I'd credit it to a symbiosis of sorts; an ENTJ needs introverted thinking and internal judgement, as an INTP like myself needs a way to get ideas implemented in the real world. The personal growth and relationship sections of personalitypage.com agree with me, going as far as to say that ENTJ/INTP is an ideal romantic match. That's right, a psychological argument in favor of Twixie shipping.

(edited)

I've seen this test numerous times, and there's even pony of it.

Posted Image

My results

TeamTech: INFP

HumatMet: INFP

PersonalityPath: INFP

I'm guessing I'm and INFP.

And of course, to encourage you all, there IS a pony MBTI chart (it's actually how I discovered MBTI in the first place), though I recommend you save it for the end so your test results are not influeced by trying to mimic your favorite pony. Chart here.

Edit: *Derp* I don't read very well Edited by Veiled Enigma
  • Brohoof 2

I done the HumanMetrics test a couple days ago, and I got INTJ, which seems the most popular here.

• Brohoof 1

I got INTJ after doing the first one only.

I am not sure if it is correct though, since it says this:

What Makes An INTJ Tick?

The Dominant function is the perceptive one of iNtuition. Characteristics associated with this function include:

• Likes looking at information from a global viewpoint, spotting patterns and relationships, that lead to an understanding of the key issues
  • Focuses more on possibilities for the future than the here-and-now
  • Enjoys change, challenge, and variety

..Jokuc doesn't like chages :L

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I took four different tests and one said iSTP: Spike, another said iNTP: Twilight, another said iSTJ: Big Mac, and the last said iNTJ: Celestia. Why am I getting all of the characters I didn't want? (except Celestia of course). I was expecting something more like Sweetie Belle, Luna, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, or even Trixie.

Edited by Krystal Serenity

TeamTech: ISTP

HumatMet: INTP

PersonalityPath: ISTP

Yeah I've always gotten ISTP before and the INTP is new.

But anyways I would prefer to be Spike so I'll stick with the one I knew before.

Also I'm going into Mechanics so being a "Mechanic" doesn't seem too bad.

I remember I took one of these a few days ago and I was full on ENFP, which means that I'm straight up Pinkie Pie!

but, Fluttershy is the best pony...

I took one of these in 9th grade, but I stupidly misplaced my results. I'm scrambling around right no looking for them. :\

INFP

I think I also did one of these long long ago, and also got IN something, either INFP or INTJ, can't remember

What makes an INFP tick?

The Dominant function is the judging one of Feeling. Characteristics associated with this function include:

• Makes decisions on the basis of personal values
  • Is appreciative and accepting of people - enjoying company and seeking harmony
  • Assesses the impact of decisions on others, being sympathetic or compassionate
  • Takes a personal approach
Basically.

I got INFP on all of them.

I never actually took personality tests seriously, but I think it actually got my personality right.

Also being Luna is fine with me! :D