Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The stigma of MLP.

CastletonSnob

15 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Exactly. Walt Disney himself believed that everyone young and old should enjoy Animation.

To qoute what he said about making Animated Films: 

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

What he's talking about is that you don't have to be in a young demographic to enjoy something that's animated. It's called Periphery Demographic of which Friendship is Magic is one of the biggest and best examples

I still don't trust Walt Disney. I have heard things. I have seen things. But I trust you know him more than I do (considering how big of a fan you are), and I trust you! :squee:

• Brohoof 2

34 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I still don't trust Walt Disney. I have heard things. I have seen things. But I trust you know him more than I do (considering how big of a fan you are), and I trust you! :squee:

Look, if Walt hated Jews, he wouldn't hired the Sherman Bros. who they themselves are Jewish and they were the ones who wrote the best songs in Walt's later years. Especially Feed the Birds, which Richard Sherman played on Walt's funeral

*Sigh* So Walt hated a few guys who tried to harmed the intellectual property of his characters and those guys were Jewish. Them being Jewish had no weight in how Walt likes or dislikes someone. He hated those guys for messing with the Disney characters, not because of their religion.

But this is not the place for it. My point stills stands. He believed everyone, regardless of age, gender, background, and religion should be allowed to watch a well-made form of media such as FiM. A show that can appeal and speak to an wide audience can bring life lessons to the world is very important

• Brohoof 1

Hey guys, let's stay a bit more on the topic of the thread. If you may, you can continue it elsewhere.

19 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Hey guys, let's stay a bit more on the topic of the thread. If you may, you can continue it elsewhere.

I'm sorry. I was trying to convey that the Stigma of MLP being only for little girls is silly. 

Edited by Will Guide

It’s cause of the blue and pink wars

blue=boys 

pink=girl 

people think is not socially “normal” to like the pastel colored houses 

7 hours ago, Splashee said:

Most adult “macho” men are dead in that case and wanna be quick to hate 

Seeing as there are still guys who still watch the show despite so-called 'gender norms', we can safely say that gender norms are still being ignored by plenty of people no matter how much complaining detractors do (and if they try and kill us, they will regret it. Did it ever occur to them that killing a guy just because he watches a kid show is a stupid reason to commit murder, because I sure think it is).

Edited by heavens-champion
  • Brohoof 1

On 7/31/2019 at 1:28 PM, CypherHoof said:

I don't really care about that, but DO care about the ones that think it is somehow linked to pedophilia. I guess they both come under the heading of "must be something wrong with them" though, its just a matter of degree.

I don't like anything that makes Bronies out to be doing pedophilia either!!!! Believe me. That whole idea was just gross to me. At conventions the adult fans treated kid fans with great respect. 

It is kind of a weird stigma. I think it might have to do with the fact that fhe Transformers have broken into the mainstream older age groups, what with the big-budget movies, whereas MLP, despite having gone mainstream in its own little way, is still kinda niche and looked down on as "geeky" at best. It seems to be a kind of a double standard based on gender and societal roles, combined with the fact that MLP has cemented itself as a girly property in the mainstream consciousness (and admittedly, as good as G4 is, it's still pretty girly. No denying that). That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

But really, everyone who's into a pop culture product tends to be "geeky" in some way, so it's not really that different from other stereotypically geeky things.

I think it's a matter of balance. Be into the things you like, feel appreciation for them, but don't let them define you. Just be sensible.

But who knows, that stigma may change with G5. Whether or not you're actually looking forward to it...

• Brohoof 2