Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EqG's separate human and pony worlds

Newman1651

(edited)

While it is sad to many that it had stopped so abruptly and will never get a proper conclusion like FiM, personally I was never invested my interest in the characters and their stories as well as the direction it ultimately went, but I only ever liked it because of it's own take on the concept separate human and pony worlds/realms (existed as far back as G1), urban fantasy aspects and the idea of Equestrian magic leaking into the Human world. There are many other ways such a setting, concept and that part of magic and artifacts from another world leaking into our world could have gone other than Highschool/teenage drama and chick flicks.

personally I went for expanding the urban fantasy aspects into Historical Fantasy/Fiction territory (in which ponies entering the human world and magic and artifacts leaking into the human world has been happening for a long time and before sunset's arrival) through several original characters and original locations with their own lore, alternate history and what-ifs where humanity becomes fully aware of equestrian magic and begin harnessing it, and scenarios where the modern world reacts to the sudden appearance of equestrian magic and artifacts. all of these done with the intent on exploring the impact of equestrian magic on Humanity and human history and civilization and the ethical concerns of giving a race far less peaceful (we have a long history of wars and conflicts) than the ponies a power they don't understand or will try and weaponize.

I also combine these ideas with my love of "Punk" Punk alternate history/universe genres, (Steampunk, Dieselpunk, etc). Especially when trying to envision what Humanity's take on magitech would look like. Because I know full on well that Magic, especially equestrian magic, would allow Humanity to make wonders and marvels they never thought possible as well as going into the alternate history aspect of this. I am a sucker for that kind of stuff after all.

I really wondering if anyone here also liked it for the same reasons as me. I only wish Hasbro could reintroduce and do another re-imagining of G1's and EqG's concepts of separate human and pony worlds in the future. And this time, give it a proper ending and not cancel it like EqG.

In short, I didnt like it entirely, but only liked the concept and certain aspects.

Edited by Newman1651

• The title was changed to A little confession I have in regards to EqG.
  • The title was changed to EqG's separate human and pony worlds