Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Voices wanted for small fic reading

Quinch

This is a call for everyone who might be interested, but I'm also pinging @Shiki, @Meson Bolt, @Renegade the Unicorn, @SparklingCaps, @TheRockARooster, @DripMoondrop and @Xeltor from the Show Us Your Voice thread. that's what you get for stepping out in the open with your voices and talent and all that stupid stuff

Basically, I'm working on a fic reading and I would love it if I could get folks to help out. While the story's mostly a split of drab questioning and internal monologues, there's a lot of small parts that would benefit from, well, vocal variety. SparklingCaps has already chipped in with some of the character roles, but I say the more the merrier!

The fic in question is Pony, Please, an extremely loose crossover with the Papers Please game that leans heavily away from being depressing and runs straightforward into outright satire. And I bet at least some of you are thinking "bluh bluh, I have no talent" or "my microphone sucks" and yeah, you sound great.

I'm just sayin'.

Here's a list of roles in the story that haven't been recorded yet - again, most of those are small ones with barely {or less than, really} a handful of lines if anyone's worried about the scope of the roles. You're more than welcome to grab more than one character, too and I'll fill in anyone that ends up unclaimed.

Abdul Raj - Male, speaks in poor/broken English. Two lines total. Maybe Arabic accent, but all the countries are fictional so...

Mia Romero - Female, sounds like Spanish, given a couple of words? About half a dozen lines.

Caramel - Male. Nondescript voice. A few lines.

Arbery Jack - Male, nondescript voice. A loudmouth schnook. Bunch of small lines.

Conspiracy Dude - Male, wheezy voice. Three lines in total.

Unnamed Roslian Dude - Nondescript voice. I'm pegging Roslia as American-ish, but it's open to interpretation. Four lines total.

Two CMCs, not named, one line each.

Johnny  - Male, nondescript voice. Single short line.

A. K. Yearling - About a dozen lines.

Likk Ay - [Emerald <3] Female, enthusiastic, about half a dozen short lines.

Twinkleshine - Female. Voice is kinda squeaky maybe? Really, she has like two lines in the whole show.

Nuirn Hert - Male, nondescript, Roslian. Two lines total.

Mrs Hert - Female, nondescript, Roslian. Two lines total.

Sinv Looper - Male, freaked-out paranoid {or IS HE?}, Roslian. Bunch of lines.

Kilana Mutt - Female. Totally not Chrysalis, what are you talking about? About three lines.

Sunh Loonh - Male, Slavic accent. Handful of lines.

Sapphire Rose - Female, Crystal Pony. Bunch of lines.

Luna - Second-Best Princess. Bunch of lines.

Bob - Male, nondescript. Single short line.

Guard 1: Male, Slavic accent. A few lines.

Guard 2: Male {maybe? The story doesn't actually specify...}, Slavic accent. A few lines.

Aaand that's it. Here's also a handy-dandy color-coded PDF of the story with highlights of various characters' dialogues for easier picking-out. Pony, Please.pdf

Would anyone be interested in chipping in? Again, please do not worry about quality, either of your own voices or your microphone - this isn't a professional production, just a little project for fun {although I'd also love more help with future ones too... just sayin' and why is there no picture of Vegeta in a judge wig anywhere on the internet?}

Cheers!

Edited by Quinch
  • Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, Emerald<3 said:

But yo @Quinch can you please DM me Likk's lines? I don't wanna get them confused with others please...

Hehe sorry for any trouble. 

No trouble at all! Sent!

• Brohoof 1

Oh damn. Didn't expect anything to come of that. Ummmh...

Honestly, I'm interested, but I can't do accents to save my life. Funny voices, sure, but not accents. (also my mic is shit but I mean if you're okay with that)

Might not be able to get this done right away, it's probably a weekend project. Still don't have any idea which character(s) to voice either. But I'm interested, so... yeh.

10 hours ago, Meson Bolt said:

Oh damn. Didn't expect anything to come of that. Ummmh...

Mwa ha ha!

Take your time, though, if you do feel like chipping in. And if you don't, that's cool too.

4 hours ago, Emerald<3 said:

Okay, I sent mine to you over DMs @Quinch

It sounds great, I'll start gluing it all together soon. 

Are there any other takers willing to help out? You can even record off your phone if you like. 

14 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

I’m happy to voice anything for you, mate.

Awesome! Got a role {or several, for that matter} that you'd like to grab?

7 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

What do you think would be best?

Not sure - I don't really know what your voice sounds like. Like I said, I'm open to anything, but you can record your voice here and I can probably make a suggestion or two?

Just now, Quinch said:

Not sure - I don't really know what your voice sounds like. Like I said, I'm open to anything, but you can record your voice here and I can probably make a suggestion or two?

Oki doki, cool.

I’ll send you something later, is that OK?

If you need a female voice, I can help out. Probably not A.K. Yearling, as she's a lot more gravely than I am, but just about anything else I'm good for, including squeaky. My Spanish accent would probably be lacking as well.

All righty, I think we can stick a fork in this baby, because she is done!

Also, holy carp, "small" fic reading my allergic butt... clocking in at just over two hours, this is the largest reading I actually did.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkCbmKmmPRt8sWzvsFoSD50_aTfK?e=ejITNB

Featuring:

@Emerald<3 as Likk Ayy,

@SparklingCaps on Fluttershy, Twilight, Bon Bon, Applejack, Daring Do and Pinkie Pie,

@Waldorf as Twinkleshine and Princess Luna

And yours truly as the narrator and other bit parts.

THAT SAID!!

If anyone else feels like chipping in, you're more than welcome to! The project is recorded on multiple tracks, so stitching in replacement lines would be trivial.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed - as well as everyone who ends up listening to it!