Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You remember how Link made a Cameo appearance in Fim?

Newman1651

sig-4547470.1170002__safe_fluttershy_scr

I have to wonder what his EqG counterpart would look like. Surely he isn't going to resemble the classic Ocarina of time Link that this pony is based on as he would look anachronistic against the modern 21st Century setting of EqG

I mean one of the rejected concepts for Link back when they were planning Breath of the Wild depicts him in acontemporary modern style. So I'd Guess he'd look like this in the EqG world.

3VO41y2.png

I'd like to see someone vector this into the EqG style. Additional variants I'd guess would be one of him without his jacket and hat and only wearing a T-shirt based on his Champion's Tunic and another of him wearing shorts and the "Nintendo Switch" T shirt from one of the DLCs.

like int he concept art, he would own a motorcycle, but keeping in with EqG's equine themes (as the setting is still a version of Equestria condensed down to the scale of a city), It would have been based on the Master Cycle from Mario Kart 8:

2692281-zelda.jpg

Edited by Newman1651
  • Brohoof 2

As a fan of Zelda, I always found out that pretty cool. I love the ponified versions of pop culture icons that they manage to slip into the background. I also have to say, that rejected model for Link does make him look like he would fit in well with the cool kids at Canterlot High. :kirin:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
Just now, CloudMistDragon said:

As a fan of Zelda, I always found out that pretty cool. I love the ponified versions of pop culture icons that they manage to slip into the background. I also have to say, that rejected model for Link does make him look like he would fit in well with the cool kids at Canterlot High. :kirin:

It's just that maintaining the status quo that the human world has no magic, he wouldn't be carrying that master sword on his back.

Reminds me of flash sentry though

Edited by Newman1651

one of the original concepts for BoTW was gonna be a modern setting during an alien invasion. there was also this short manga comic as art of the concept:

Majoras+mask+was+fun+the+original+botw+c

It even has Ganondorf wearing a Metallica T-Shirt.

Maybe it’s the artstyle of the concept, but I don’t really dig that Link being in the pastel humans world. But that there is, or was a Link in there, for sure. If it’s the case of the former, he would drive a bike for sure, as Link has been given an affinity for those lately

19 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Maybe it’s the artstyle of the concept, but I don’t really dig that Link being in the pastel humans world. But that there is, or was a Link in there, for sure. If it’s the case of the former, he would drive a bike for sure, as Link has been given an affinity for those lately

might also be carrying a tablet modeled after the sheikah slate too.

• Brohoof 1

@Newman1651

I see you did your research and yeah, he would dress like in that 2nd concept art with that hoodie and motorcycle. I quite enjoyed reading up on the development of Breath of the Wild via this huge book called "Creating a Champion" featuring illustrations, developer's notes and interviews with Eiji Aonuma. There's even a entire section that flat out explains the backstory lore in the game that can be infered from the in game environment as it covers from 10,000 years ago to 100 years ago as seen in Link's memories to stuff that happened during Link's 100 years of sleep to the reunion of Link and Zelda as he defeats Calamity and Dark Beast Ganon once again. Including the inferred paths of some of the characters as they moved from place to place in key moments in the Game's History. It's such a big awesome book for Zelda fans like me.

As for the Link pony in that first picture, considering Fluttershy and Zephyr Breeze were just coming back from Twilight's Friendship Castle, why if I myself were in Equestria as my own Pony self, it would be a great opportunity for me to interact with Pony Link as he was delivering some of those rupees-like gems to the Castle. I would end up trying to remain professional and ended up fanboying a bit as I would be the package collector on Twilight Sparkle's behalf

He would be silent but expressive enough to show he doesn't mind me getting all excited in his presence. Twilight herself knew about my love of the series based on the Zelda series from what I told her in the past and so when I first woke up in Equestria today feeling sad with my frustrations back home, Twilight decided to let get the "delivery" at the door and allowed me to give Link pony his payment. During this "business transaction" I make about 4 in-references to the Zelda series:

1. I mess up with my words and say "Are you here to deliver to the Twilight Princess I mean Princess Twilight

2. As I give Link his payment for his delivery on Twilight's behalf, I end up doing the famous item get tune. And say "You Got A bottle of Red Potion. You can use it to heal yourself on your travels"

3. When some other ponies passing by this scene gave looks, I blushed and ask Link pony, "You wouldn't mind keeping this a secret from everypony, wouldn't you?" His reassuring smile said it all

4. As he turns to be on his way, I remind him to be nice to the chickens, causing him to have a brief look of fear before composing himself.

And that's what I would do if I met him, however briefly. ;)

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

@Newman1651

I see you did your research and yeah, he would dress like in that 2nd concept art with that hoodie and motorcycle. I quite enjoyed reading up on the development of Breath of the Wild via this huge book called "Creating a Champion" featuring illustrations, developer's notes and interviews with Eiji Aonuma. There's even a entire section that flat out explains the backstory lore in the game that can be infered from the in game environment as it covers from 10,000 years ago to 100 years ago as seen in Link's memories to stuff that happened during Link's 100 years of sleep to the reunion of Link and Zelda as he defeats Calamity and Dark Beast Ganon once again. Including the inferred paths of some of the characters as they moved from place to place in key moments in the Game's History. It's such a big awesome book for Zelda fans like me.

As for the Link pony in that first picture, considering Fluttershy and Zephyr Breeze were just coming back from Twilight's Friendship Castle, why if I myself were in Equestria as my own Pony self, it would be a great opportunity for me to interact with Pony Link as he was delivering some of those rupees-like gems to the Castle. I would end up trying to remain professional and ended up fanboying a bit as I would be the package collector on Twilight Sparkle's behalf

He would be silent but expressive enough to show he doesn't mind me getting all excited in his presence. Twilight herself knew about my love of the series based on the Zelda series from what I told her in the past and so when I first woke up in Equestria today feeling sad with my frustrations back home, Twilight decided to let get the "delivery" at the door and allowed me to give Link pony his payment. During this "business transaction" I make about 4 in-references to the Zelda series:

1. I mess up with my words and say "Are you here to deliver to the Twilight Princess I mean Princess Twilight

2. As I give Link his payment for his delivery on Twilight's behalf, I end up doing the famous item get tune. And say "You Got A bottle of Red Potion. You can use it to heal yourself on your travels"

3. When some other ponies passing by this scene gave looks, I blushed and ask Link pony, "You wouldn't mind keeping this a secret from everypony, wouldn't you?" His reassuring smile said it all

4. As he turns to be on his way, I remind him to be nice to the chickens, causing him to have a brief look of fear before composing himself.

And that's what I would do if I met him, however briefly. ;)

And as Imentioned before, His Human world counterpart would be seen with a tablet or tablet cover resembling the Sheikah slate from Breath of the wild.

Hypothetical cameo would have gone like this:

Link off in the distance being seen on the Roof of Canterlot High taking a selfie with his tablet while standing next to a bookshelf which he somehow lugged all the way up there.

Second variation would be him running around Canterlot city lugging a Bookshelf via magnesis rune on his tablet.

both beign a reference to the bookshelf challenge meme where players ripped a bookshelf out of hyrule castle and carry it around with them across Hyrule.

Can't believe you didnt do any Breath of the Wild references.

57 minutes ago, Newman1651 said:

.Can't believe you didnt do any Breath of the Wild references.

Breath of the Wild didn't officially release when episode Flutter Brutter featuring that pony Link aired in June 2016. Which was BEFORE BOTW.

I was focusing on Pony NOT Human Link