Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if G5 was structured this way?

Plonkett

First we know that G5 will premiere with a theatrical 3d film, then the TV series will move onto 2d. There have been talks that the show will be more adventure focused (kinda like shows like Steven Universe, Star vs the Forces of Evil, new Ducktales, etc) as opposed to G4's slice of life stories. However, I think G5 should have two separate TV shows.

The first show would be more slice of life based while the second show would be more adventure based. The first show would follow the same route as G4 with having an episodic structure while each season having its own different arc. The second show would have a more serialized structure, each season having the feel of a shonen anime arc, particularly Dragon Ball Z. First show would also have two-parters beginning and ending each season, but they would be lower stakes stories than in the second show. The second show would have each season having its own plot and villains. The "villains" in the first show would be similar to G4 antagonists like Flim Flam and Iron Will.

Essentially, the first show would be about building the characters while the second show would be about putting them in different situations.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno, I mean G4 has built their characters by putting them in different situations. I'm not sure how I'd feel about large arcs, at least ones that depend on each other to follow. But I'd be interested in seeing what happens regardless. 

3 minutes ago, Quinch said:

I dunno, I mean G4 has built their characters by putting them in different situations. I'm not sure how I'd feel about large arcs, at least ones that depend on each other to follow. But I'd be interested in seeing what happens regardless. 

One story in a two-parter in the first show could be about one of the main characters being accused of a heinous crime and the rest of the gang have to investigate. Nothing two extraordinary compared to the second show.

Sounds overcomplicated and like a lot of work. Literally trying to do two shows with the same characters in the same continuity at the exact same time? It's one thing to have a spin-off set in the same continuity, but you shouldn't need to split a show into two like this. Just pick a direction and stick with it, either adventure, slice of life, or a mix. If you need a second show to "Build your characters" that means you aren't doing it in the other one and that's a problem.

Edited by BastementSparkle

Two separate TV shows? Yeah, I heavily doubt that one right there. It's an interesting idea. Is it plausible? Probably not

Let's cut through the Brony psychosis and just tell it like it is: Mane 6 got jack diddley when it comes to character development. Remember hero's journey? Cause you guys sure don't. You are living in a world where tea parties can change your life while confronting life-threatening situations is just a bucking eye candy that has absolutely no influence on a person's mind. Dragon Ball Z happened. It's not the best example but it is an example for hip soccer moms who have no idea how shounen works. Go sail the high seas and watch some more of it. Then let's see if you still have the balls to tell weebs about character development in action adventure. That goes for all of you slice-o-lifer fakers.

Damn it, this pervasive Brony conviction really pisses me off. I can't help it if we got the short end of the stick but you still don't have to lie to yourselves about it. Anyhow, we can't get shounen cause our glorious writers think like you.

P.S: apart from Dragon Prince, the closest modern kid show to a shounen is Tangled, which is bucking hilarious.

P.P:S: action adventure has character development while SoL does not have action or adventure. You do the math.

As much as I kinda like the idea, it’s too complicated and a lot of work; but a mix of both doesn’t sound too bad. The G4 comics are concentrated on a lot of adventures, a lot more than the show so they should do, imo, a generation which kinda does the same thing, without forgetting a tiny bit of slice of life anyway

Edited by Xeltor
  • Brohoof 2

That would be cool but I doubt they have the time and money for two separate G5 shows

24 minutes ago, Xeltor said:

As much as I kinda like the idea, it’s too complicated and a lot of work; but a mix of both doesn’t sound too bad. The G4 comics are concentrated on a lot of adventures, a lot more than G5 so they should do, imo, a generation which kinda does the same thing, without forgetting a tiny bit of slice of life anyway

That sounds cool actually. They could set up the comics like they did w/G4

• Brohoof 3

18 hours ago, BastementSparkle said:

Sounds overcomplicated and like a lot of work. Literally trying to do two shows with the same characters in the same continuity at the exact same time? It's one thing to have a spin-off set in the same continuity, but you shouldn't need to split a show into two like this. Just pick a direction and stick with it, either adventure, slice of life, or a mix. If you need a second show to "Build your characters" that means you aren't doing it in the other one and that's a problem.

What can be done is that a season of the second show would take place after a season of the first show, and vice versa.

Have you watched Princess Trixie Sparkle? A season of the second show would be something like that.

2 hours ago, vgmaster9 said:

What can be done is that a season of the second show would take place after a season of the first show, and vice versa.

Have you watched Princess Trixie Sparkle? A season of the second show would be something like that.

Haven't seen Princess Trixie, no.

Anyway, it is an interesting idea, but I don't really think splitting a show into two like this is the best idea. Either it will double the workload of the shows staff who has to produce twice the amount of content in doing two shows at the same time, or they basically do the same amount of content for a single show and split it into two, which at that point why not just have one show? You can do both slice of life and arcs together, maybe mix the two a little more than this total separation, but still. There's just really no need to have two shows going like this, it complicates things more than necessary.

It would be hilarious if the MLP franchise actually turns into an action packed unicorn princess battle adventure. That's a kind of a show that's within a show like Astronaut Dolphin Detective in Mr. Pickles or even closer, Warrior Unicorn Princess from Erma. Not that I wouldn't like it.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:31 AM, Sepul-Coloratura said:

It would be hilarious if the MLP franchise actually turns into an action packed unicorn princess battle adventure. That's a kind of a show that's within a show like Astronaut Dolphin Detective in Mr. Pickles or even closer, Warrior Unicorn Princess from Erma. Not that I wouldn't like it.

Would still be nice if MLP became more than just that. I like action and adventure myself, but I also like stories that mix many other different genres as well.

• 11 months later...