Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the minimum wage in your state?

Lucky Bolt

not american but

recently the national minimum wage in australia was changed to $19.49/hr which is a 3% increase from last year. rate of inflation was 1.26% so realistically it was a 1.74% increase.

this happened after the Fair Work Commission became aware of a couple of underpayment scandals with 7/11 and some chefs or something.

Edited by mini
  • Brohoof 2

Minimum wage here in Illinois is $8.25

I get paid much more than that at the location I work at now. 

• Brohoof 1

$7.25 here in Texas, because that's enough. :dry:

Hopefully it increases in the future, because in some places in this state you literally couldn't afford to get a studio apartment with no food or anything. Seriously, it's that ridiculous.

Edited by Dustlicious
  • Brohoof 2

It's 7.25 in Texas (Though I currently being paid below minimum wage, aka 5 bucks).

3 hours ago, Dustlicious said:

$7.25 here in Texas, because that's enough. :dry:

Hopefully it increases in the future, because in some places in this state you literally couldn't afford to get a studio apartment with no food or anything. Seriously, it's that ridiculous.

I live in TX as well, but for whatever reason my boss only pays me 5 bucks. 

47 minutes ago, Emerald<3 said:

It's 7.25 in Texas (Though I currently being paid below minimum wage, aka 5 bucks).

I live in TX as well, but for whatever reason my boss only pays me 5 bucks. 

$7.25 is bad enough but $5? Your boss is a d***.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Emerald<3 said:

Well, she's nice... 

But....

Good thing I found another job today.

They said that they'd pay 9 bucks!

Two-faced people are quite common in Texas, so that's not entirely unexpected.

That's much better. :) At least you could find a job. It's hard to find a job let alone get hired for one in a small town (where I could count the jobs I got the chance to apply for in the past two years on one f***ing hand) with 0 work experience. 

Edited by Dustlicious
  • Brohoof 1

10,08€ per hour & 1500€ per month (pre-tax). I think that's around 11,30 in $? 

That's regarding regular 14 month pays (so holiday and Christmas money). No idea how similar Austrian system is to the US one. 

$11 an hour in Arizona. Getting that much doesn't excite me as much since I've had to experience the hard knocks that are higher living costs and less hours first hand, but I still feel I get paid more than what I'm worth. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Sherbert MGS said:

Thats only slightly less than the rough average in my country, is that full time or part time?

Full-time, though in my city the average is quite a bit higher since Riga is the physical and economic capital of the country.

6 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

Full-time, though in my city the average is quite a bit higher since Riga is the physical and economic capital of the country.

Oh, here that's only slightly less than the rough average,

Everyone is on minimum wage and part time, or on welfare here, very few manage to get full time, which although being more than double the rouh average I could calculate, which is still lower than you'd expect when prices are so high here.

Glasgow is a low wage city within a generally lower income area of British Isles

Sure, the minimum wage is like 8 pound an hour, but most jobs only are part timem so around 500 pounds a months for 25 yr olds and older

It just lowers and lowers until under 18, where you make only 300 pounds a month

Edited by Sherbert MGS
  • Brohoof 1

$12/hr in California, but in the Bay Area it's $15/hr. The cost of living in the Bay Area is so expensive though that you'll need to make several times the min wage or work more than one job to actually afford to rent a house. Housing in the Central Valley is much cheaper and within the grasp of min wage workers there. 

Here in Ontario Canada, the minimum wage is $14 but the waiters that I worked with in my last job said they only made 7 or 8 an hour which doesn't seem fair to me, those folks were working their tails off.