Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Why did Dark Phoenix bomb at the box office?

TheAnimationFanatic

Probably the last epitaph of this movie and this thread. "Dark Phoenix" concluded its theatrical run this week with a final gross of $252.4m worldwide. It had a net loss of $100.8m, worse than the $100.4m net loss of 2011's "Green Lantern". In short, "Dark Phoenix" is now the biggest flop in comic book movie history. 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=foxmarvel18b.htm

8 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Probably the last epitaph of this movie and this thread. "Dark Phoenix" concluded its theatrical run this week with a final gross of $252.4m worldwide. It had a net loss of $100.8m, worse than the $100.4m net loss of 2011's "Green Lantern". In short, "Dark Phoenix" is now the biggest flop in comic book movie history. 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=foxmarvel18b.htm

And that could be the nail in the coffin for a theatrical release of the New Mutants film. At this point Disney may just put it on Hulu sometime next year. I doubt even Disney+ will get it, since the original Marvel Studios content for that streaming service is likely to be so much more lucrative.

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Prospekt said:

And that could be the nail in the coffin for a theatrical release of the New Mutants film. At this point Disney may just put it on Hulu sometime next year. I doubt even Disney+ will get it, since the original Marvel Studios content for that streaming service is likely to be so much more lucrative.

Hulu seems like the only place for this. Even with a smaller budget, I doubt there's any more hype for this movie. I'd be surprised if the final cut even remotely resembles that first trailer. 

Honestly, it's depressing to see how Fox ran this series into the ground. 

• Brohoof 1