Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post your OCs theme song.

TheRockARooster

Hello to you all on MLP Forums.

If your OC would have a theme song, what would it be?

Introduce your OC and share a theme song they have or could have and (optionally) explain why that theme song suits your character.

I'll go first, my OCs name is Roswell and this is his theme song.

myPony.png.60a333ad8c57d4ce0c95444424df9209.png

Edited by TheRockARooster
  • Brohoof 2

Sweet Luna's PLOT, do I love this concept!

*ahem*

One of my favorite influences is music; a song can evoke such a vibrant and STRONG idea, it sometimes brings me to tears with its' clarity.  Hence, there's a number of characters across all SORTS of spectrums that I've created from musical influence.  Tabletop AD&D games, DIY character-builders on fighting games, LARP social games and other such things.

Asking me this question makes my heart do jumpy-up-and-down things in my chestly meat-bubble.

I'll start with the Blackwaters, because they always put the 'fun' in dysfunctional for me:

Dax Blackwater

Luther Blackwater

Vylia Blackwater

Oglevy Blackwater

Harcourt Blackwater

... and then, we have the runners-up:

Smooth Groove "Groovi" : The Cosmic Sea - The Mystic Moods Orchestra
Gideon Anomaly: Giant - Juno Reactor
Lucky Break: Better Days - Citizen King
Caution Dip: Pepper - Butthole Surfers
Twitch Glitch / Grant Edison House: Rock & Roll - Led Zeppelin

... and my rarely-noticed ponysona, Randi Maxis: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkvQ-NdMPBM 

I could continue on about songs I think work for other peoples' OCs... but that's a completely different thread's worth of material.  *chuckle*

Well back in the early days of the fandom I was fortunate enough for my pony character to be pretty popular, so people actually made songs for her.

https://youtu.be/4RUWCyvD3Do

And I didn't even know about this one until much later, but the ponyoc EP it was released on includes the names of a few of the friends I made back then as well;

https://youtu.be/fMqcKDP89ko

Personally I couldn't say which suits the pony's personality more since originally she was just me, but then sort of evolved into her own character. Maybe the second song... Either way, I'm very thankful to both AgileDash and Silva Hound for their music!

Edited by Sunset Rose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For Quinch, it would be Hybrid's "If I Survive"

The slow build combined with a rapid, irregular beat, a growing of tension combined with vulnerability, defeat, paranoia and desperation fits him quite well. It doesn't describe him and his past perfectly, but the overall theme hits very close to the mark.

---

Sweet Comfort is a much more clear-cut type.

Okay, so my OCs name is Emerald Heart, and here's a lovely picture of her.

1142680916_imageproxy(3).png.05d349834c27430e81f5a863cf13bd09.png

And here's her theme- "Me & My Girls" by Selena Gomez.

I picked this song because Emerald's talent is basically making friends. She's a lovely, independent mare that doesn't need a stallion to make her happy.

This song basically explains it all.

• Brohoof 2

My OCs song would be this

Why would it fit? My OC is a demon pony who lives in a unruly place, much like the setting of Disgaea, except that is not so played for laughs. Pretty much like Klugetown. He got used to abuse and accepted he’s a freak for not being “like the others”. All changed when he stumbled by chance a copy of The Journal of Friendship. After reading it, he realized there was a place for him after all: Equestria, and he began to make living there as his lifelong dream afterwards, treasuring the journal and hopefully meet the mares who became his unknown heroes: The Mane 6 :adorkable:

For me, my OC, Dynamo Pad's theme song would have to be this song. The song is I'm a Believer by SPYAIR. I'd say this is his theme song as it represent his never-ending journey towards reaching his goals in life. Even though the days and times are difficult, Dynamo will never give up and keep moving forward. I also think this song is a good representation of him wanting to be a really good video game player. There's also a lyric in the song that has the words 'Hidden Strength.' Which is the meaning behind his gamertag, Kyubiki Tenchu.