Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Bounties and Video Games, 1x1 with Dynamo Pad

Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

"I can only imagine that would be the case. It was sort of the same thing for me I was born. Given that the doctor's were paranoid about my unicorn horn being curved instead of like a regular pony. It was either constant tests and/or just going home with equipment, before returning back for checkups..." Dynamo responded with a nod. "...If I were him, then I would say the same thing. Ultimately, I'm not a doctor and I'm not him either. Plus, it's all up to you on what you want to do. Granted, couldn't he ever stop over to visit? I always thought doctor's make house calls, or something along those lines."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"He's way too busy to make visits himself, in those cases the hospital sends a nurse usually, but as you are aware, the nurses cannot be trusted when it comes to me..." Ember pointed out "...besides, if I'm in a good enough shape to be leave the hospital, then there isn't anything that would need constant checking."  

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"You're right. Being the head doctor means he has a responsibility to attend to all the patients. So, visiting the house would be out of the question. The whole sending a nurse is out of the question, as well. Considering with how well they treat some of their patients..." Dynamo responded with a sarcastic remark on the nurse. All the while, rolling his eyes and a shaking his head. "...If that's the case, then I could try and be a nurse for you. I would just have to ask the head doctor on what I'd need to do. I know you can look after yourself, but at least you won't be treated as badly as the nurses have been. Plus, you asked if I would stay at your place and I already agreed to the idea."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"He will tell what needs to be done, but the tests need to be done first because how much I will need you really depends on if I can move or not, which in turn depends on what stops me from moving and if it can be fixed quickly..." Ember explained, "...though I don't have high hopes..." she then admitted, though she again seemed a bit uncomfortable when she said it. 

@Dynamo Pad

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I'm guessing by what needs to be done, then that means on how to be taken care of at home and what procedures might need to be done. Just in case there's a need to go back for a hospital check-up..." Dynamo responded, nodded as he listened to the options of how Ember's recovery at home could go. He blinked as he thought he had heard the uncertainty in her voice. "...I wouldn't say that. If you ask me, then it's better than having no hope at all. It's all about starting somewhere and slowly make your way towards the end goal. There has to be times where you were injured and had to rest and recover. I know being fixed up quickly might not be what you want, but at least you won't be all on your own as you recover. I know you'll be back on your hooves in no time at all."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Having experienced something before doesn't make it any more pleasant..." Ember pointed out "...and my problem isn't necessarily that I need help, it's what kind of help I need, it's just something that makes me very 
uncomfortable, and I'm certain that I'm far from only one to feel that way."  

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I guess not, but I would say it depends on what you've experienced. If you experienced a memory that's happy, then it would be great to relive that memory, or something like that. Although, I guess the same can be said if one had gotten hurt, or if they experienced the same injury multiple times..." Dynamo placed a hoof to his chin as he spoke his thoughts out loud. "...I can't say that you won't need much help, but I'll try and hope for it. I don't mind helping you out if you need assistance, but I know that you want to be back on your hooves. I suppose that being given help makes you feel uncomfortable. Since you work in the crime-world, then that would mean that you are more independent..." He raised an eyebrow as something Ember had stated didn't make sense to the blue unicorn. "...What did you mean by your far from the only one to feel that way? Do you know someone who's gone through somewhat of a similar experience?" He looked towards her crow companion, but Dynamo assumed that she wasn't talking about the crow.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Sometimes I think you don't listen what I say..." Ember muttered before speaking up "...I mean exactly what I said, I..." she paused for a second, she then lowered her voice and looked like she really didn't want to talk about what she was going to talk about "...It's not the fact that I need help in general, it is what I need help with, for example, look at me, I have been locked in a humid and dirty room for a month, you can see, and probably smell it, so, it's pretty obvious that I need to wash myself well....now, if I can't move, there's bit of a problem, I can't wait forever, as me being in this shape is not comfortable to me or anyone else interacting with me, so, if I can't move soon, someone else has to do that to me, and I don't know about you, but I don't exactly like the idea of someone else doing something for me that usually is considered something to be done in private." she had gotten only more uncomfortable during her explanation. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo blinked in confusion upon hearing Ember's remark. He didn't understand what he had said wrong, but he decided to listen on to what she was trying to say. His ears perked as she dropped her voice to a whisper. It was almost eerily quiet, but enough for him to hear the dragon-pony. As Ember further explained her situation, Dynamo slowly began to realize what she was trying to say. He blushed in embarrassment as he felt ridiculous for not understanding earlier. It didn't help the blue unicorn that Ember had seemed uncomfortable. "Okay, okay. I get it. I'm sorry..." He held up a hoof to stop Ember from speaking more on the subject. "...I guess I look at things in a different way, or I have a tendency to interpret wrong. I didn't really take notice of certain things either. So, you could possibly understand my failure in understanding. I do hope you can forgive me for making you feel the way you are now." He ran a hoof through his mane as he looked away. An embarrassed blush still present upon his cheeks. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Depends really how much we have to talk about it now or in the future, my preferred amount is zero, but that's too late now, so as little as possible is the next goal...
" Ember said "...that includes while they happen too just so you know, so don't try to lighten up the mood if we end up in said situation." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yeah, you're right. I guess after we find out the results from the doctor, then we can talk about it in the future. I guess it depends on what little assistance as possible will be, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it..." Dynamo sys with a nod. "...I know and I won't try and lighten the mood. While I do try to see the bright side of things. There are times I have to be a realist to understand the reality of said situation."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"We'll see." Ember simply said, not having anything else to add, which was good since she didn't want to continue with the topic regardless. Single nurse came to visit the room and informed that X-ray and other medical tests will be done early tomorrow morning, after which she left without another word.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo simply nodded, while not having anything to add into the conversation. A single nurse had stopped by to visit the room, while informing Ember of an X-ray and other medical testings. Hearing that they were scheduled for early tomorrow morning had seemed odd for the blue unicorn. After leaving without another word, Dynamo turned towards the dragon-pony. "I know the doctor said he would try and get you out of here as soon as possible, but I guess that's not the case? Perhaps the tests for tomorrow will determine if you can leave?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Like I told you earlier, it was expected he would require few checks before he would let me leave, and morning makes perfect sense, since this day is most likely booked full already, not that there's much of a day left anyway..." Ember responded "...because ultimately I'm just a one patient among many, and there's probably those who need, and deserve, more attention at the moment."  

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"You're right, but I guess I thought it would be more simpler than just that. I remember when you said you wanted to leave as soon as possible. I was hoping for that as I'm not liking the way the nurses are treating you here. Sure, maybe something happened or something like that. Even so, you're a patient and every patient needs attention and care to make a perfect recovery..." Dynamo explained. "...I almost forgot how much time had gone by. It didn't even feel like it's the end of the day, but I guess I lost track of time. True, you're one patient among many, but you're still a patient. You went through a lot in the past day or so. I guess seeing you in that critical condition had made me feel concerned."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I know you're worried and would prefer me getting needed help immediately, but there simply is those who need more help, I'm in stable condition, awake, and I can talk, even if it's bit weak still, while there are others who are in critical 
condition and or unconscious..." Ember said "...besides, you'd be surprised how busy this place actually is, it's quite surprising if you look how ponies live." as much as she wanted out, she knew she wasn't the top priority, and there was notihng they could do about it

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

With a heavy sigh, Dynamo could only nod his head in understanding. "I know, but I guess that's just how I am. Whenever I see someone I care about be hurt or in bad shape. I just worry that something will happen to them. I've seen that all to many times to my teammates and for my family members. It's just scary, but I guess that's just how life goes sometimes. You're right that there are those in worse shape and that you're doing a little better. I guess I just have to accept that as fact..." Dynamo explained. "...That sounds like a bit of an understatement. I've passed by town multiple times. You won't believe how much crazy shenanigans happen on a daily basis. It's like the hospital is just lining up their patience, while being prepared for the inevitable." He couldn't help in letting out a chuckle as he listened to her. He knew it wasn't a joke, but just hearing eased his worries. He knew that there was nothing they could do except to wait and hear from the doctor.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Ember yawned, and it seemed that yawning hurt her somewhere, though it was clear she tried to hide it "Thank you for being there for me..." she suddenly said quietly "...this could have been it for me if you weren't, I didn't have the strength to fly here, I would have crashed on the way." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo noticed Ember was straining a yawn. He wasn't sure if she was sore or if something was wrong. He decided to pay it no mind as she seemed fine. He blinked in surprise at her thanks, before smiling softly. "You're welcome and it's like I had said before. It's no problem, Ember. I'm just glad that you managed to land near my house. That, and you had your pet crow try and get my attention by pecking at the window. If not, then I probably wouldn't have known you were still here. I'm also glad that I didn't lose you and that you're still here."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Where would I be without it, it's quite impressive how many times this single crow has helped me..." Ember said "....and it always makes me only more puzzled about where it came from, since like I've told you, I didn't take it as a pet, it came to me and refused to leave."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"You can say that again. If you asked me a long time ago, then I would never know how a single crow or any kind of bird in general could help others. Although, now I can see and learn from experience from meeting your crow companion..." Dynamo says "...I wonder if the crow somehow saw you on one of your jobs and found something special about you. Maybe that's why when it met you, it just stayed with you and refused to leave. Since a meeting like that is simply rare and unheard of."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"That only makes it more mysterious, what it is about me that would make this certain crow like me so much, I doubt it's what I am, since crows don't really care for ponies or dragons usually..." Ember said thoughtfully "...I even got  Fluttershy to ask it about it at one point, but she said it refused to answer." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Hmm...perhaps there's something about you that it likes. Maybe your personality since you seem like the strong/silent type. If not, then maybe it noticed how you handled a job, while admiring your style..." Dynamo responded thoughtfully. "...It's definitely strange if even Fluttershy isn't able to get an answer. Since she can understand just about every single kind of animal in Equestria."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"It's not that she didn't understand it, the crow just refuses to tell the reason..." Ember pointed out before continuing with a short chuckle "...at least we have something in common, both having our secrets."  she yawned again, it was surprisingly tiring to lay in place without moving.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo gave a short chuckle in agreement. "I guess that makes her the strong silent type. I suppose that's one thing to see it. Everyone has their secrets own sort of secret. At least, some more than others. It's all about whether or not the secret will be found out, or if the secret will be told." He took notice of Ember yawning. A long period of time had passed by, while he assumed that she was tired due to recovering. "Do you happen to know the time? I wasn't sure if visiting hours were over or not. Seeing how I was debating if I should stay the night, or just come back in tomorrow." He knew that Ember was capable of taking care of herself, but he knew that her injuries would leave her in some trouble with either the staff or Blossom had learned anything. He knew he would have to go and follow through with Ember's request, as well. 

• Brohoof 1