Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Bounties and Video Games, 1x1 with Dynamo Pad

Catpone Cerberus

@Dynamo Pad
Ember listened as Dynamo's explanation kept going a bit longer than she had expected, but the fact she hadn't expected it wasn't visible in any way, and her expression showed general interest, indicating that she really was listening. "Cats scratching and chewing things and you are the sign of lack of training, hay, I have a pet crow, have you seen what they are like in the wild?" she pointed out, her tone told that the question was rhetorical  "...and hair can be cleaned off, or you could get a hairless cat." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Wait, really? I know dogs can be trained when it comes to saying sit or to roll over. I just never would have thought that the same kind of training could be given to a cat. To be fair, this is some things I heard from other gamer's in the arcade from time to time. That their pets have ruined some of their console wires and other gaming equipment. I have never seen a crow in the wild, but I can only imagine that they aren't very friendly or kind, or something like that..." He was surprised, but he continued to listen and pay attention to the conversation. "...Oh, I don't mind if I have fur from a pet on my jacket. It's like you said that hair can be cleaned off. I guess it feels like a hassle, but it shouldn't seem like that. Seeing how if your pet is always wanting to be near you, then that should be a sign that they love and trust you. Also, a hairless cat is an option. It sort of reminds me of Egyptian cats, but I couldn't do that. A hairless cat just looks so fragile, in my opinion. That, and I like the kind of designs and styles their fur can be."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"That's exactly why so many cats are poorly trained, ponies try few times to train them like dogs and then give up because they don't learn..." Ember explained "...only animal that can be trained like a dog, is a dog..." she tilted her head "...and how have you not seen crows in the wild? they aren't rare or anything..." she tilted her head to the other direction "...though no that I think about it, I guess you are quite a lot inside." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I guess others tend to give up because cats like to lounge around and sleep for most of the day. I don't know if that's exactly accurate as I don't know what goes on through the mind of a cat. I can imagine that they are pretty playful when they are just kittens. With how there can be a ball with a bell so they can chase the ball as an example I do wonder if there are cats that can walk with ponies like taking a dog for a walk. Seeing how cats like to be outside animals at times.." Dynamo responded with a nod. "...That's true, but one could argue if it involves another animal. Like say a bird since you can teach them to fly away and then return. It must all depend on the animal and how the owner of said pet trains them..." The blue unicorn glanced to the sky as he tried to think, before looking back to Ember and shook his head. "To be honest, I have not. I haven't seen any crows, besides the crow you have with you, in Ponyville or Fillydelphia. I would assume they would be seen in the Everfree Forest. With how many different and/or rare creatures living in that general area. It's also because I don't really know much about a crow or it's natural habitat..." He looked away slightly, before giving the dragon-pony hybrid a sheepish smile. "...So, you've figured me out, huh? To be fair, you're not wrong in that regard. I guess I'm sort of an indoor kind of pony, but I'm always up to trying any idea that involves outdoor activities."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Like said, it's a question of training, you can train any animal on a leash, it just takes longer for some than others..." Ember concluded "...and crows do live elsewhere than Everfree, in fact, they almost everywhere, though I guess they don't really form groups as often in towns and cities as they do outside them...." she gave a faint smile of amusement when Dynamo looked away "...I don't blame you, it's not like technically speaking I do that many outdoor activities either, the only reason I am outside at all is because it's unavoidable with my job." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Hmm...I guess so. Although, I don't think I'd train a cat for anything. Unless said cat would go with me in case it's a sort of trip. That way, I wouldn't have to worry if my cat got into any sort of trouble. Maybe I'll see if I can get a pet cat during this week. It would make my house not feel so empty and a little more lively..." Dynamo responded, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. "...Huh. So, crows can be in forms of packs, but they aren't as common in towns and cities. I guess the Everfree Forest is a bit of a stretch. Since that place is home to very exotic and somewhat rare creatures. That's good to know in case I do run into other crows..." "...I can't blame you for that either. I can only imagine your job takes you to many different locations and such all around Equestria. Has there ever been a place that you've enjoyed visiting? Even though you were on a bounty hunter sort of task, of course. I don't know if I asked this, but do you have any hobbies that you take interest in?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Not really..." Ember replied "...I don't really pay attention to the places themselves, as I just do my job as quickly as possible and leave as quickly as possible, it would be dangerous to spend time there for sake of spending time..." she explained, she then thought for a moment before continuing "...and I'm not sure, what to do you consider a hobby? I like to train and relax during my free time, but they both are technically related to my work, and besides that...I don't really do anything one could call a hobby." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo frowned, but then again. He couldn't blame her for that kind of response. "I guess it's more of a get the job done as soon as possible and not leave any trace of you being at that certain location, right? I was sort of the same way, but it wasn't due to any bounty hunter sort of thing. I remember back when I first started competing in tournaments. I would always just go to the tournament, practice and then just get the tournament done and over with. Afterwards, I would just got home, play games and prepare for the next tournament weeks or months later. After some time, I tried to explore the city and see what the town had to offer. Sometimes I'd find out there would be conventions, meet new faces and so on...." As Ember explained her idea of a hobby, Dynamo thought for a moment, before nodding. "...Now I see what you meant by being more specific in what one asks. I know my hobby is playing and collecting video games. Along with trying to work on creating new video games for others to pick up and enjoy. I do know that I picked up a guitar recently. I've never played the guitar before, but it sounds fun to learn and to give a try..."

"...I guess when I said hobby, I meant more along the lines of to say of what do you like to do in your spare time. Let's take me, for example. I'm going to guess that you know this about me, but I'll still explain. For me, I like swimming, listening to music, bowling, reading from time to time, playing card games, and cosplaying as anime and video game characters. I don't know if that is specified as likes, or anything along those lines. I'm sorry about all of that. I hope I was able to clear up any confusion." He knew he didn't have to apologize, but he felt that he could at least explain himself.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"There really wasn't any confusion, just a uncertainty of a definition, though based on what you said, i answered the question, because I really don't do much besides working, training and relaxing..." Ember responded calmly "...besides of course things like buying food, but i think we can both agree that, that isn't a hobby...." she then added with bit of humor in her tone, before returning to  her usual tone "...though you mentioned music, what type of music you listen? besides anime openings and video game soundtracks? if any."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

After listening to Ember's calm response, Dynamo nodded after a moment of thought. "When you put it that way, then that makes a lot more sense than what I was trying to say. Thanks for that and that might be true. Working and training are important since it's part of being a bounty hunter, after all. Relaxing does sound nice, but I can imagine there can be other things that you might like that you may or may not have attempted. Maybe we can attempt those ideas together at one point or another. It would give me an excuse to not be an indoor pony, who worries about video games..." He chuckled briefly with a small, yet enthusiastic grin. "...I wouldn't be too sure on that. I once saw a game show that it was all about contestants who love buying food. Along with other products that you can find in a supermarket. The contestants then had to use as many coupons as they could find and use to see who makes the better deal in prices. It was really weird, but it was rather interesting and funny how they all ran through the store. If it were me, then I would push the cart and then put my rear hooves on the back of the cart. Almost as if I was driving a sort taxi or drivable vehicle. So, I won't be surprised if buying food was considered a hobby..." He couldn't help himself in laughing at the humor in her tone. 

At her mentioning of no anime openings and video game soundtracks, Dynamo pursed his lips as two of his options were crossed off the list. "...Wow. No need to go twisting my arm. Although, I mostly listen to alternative rock and Japanese alternative rock. I'm up to listen to any kind of music every now and then. Usually, it just depends on the song that's playing at the moment. Sometimes, I like to listen to metal, rock and roll, some dubstep and others. If we're going by favorite bands, then I listen to Green Day, All Equestrian Rejects, One OK Rock, Back-On, DJ Pon-3, and a few other bands. How about you?" He asks, taking slight notice that the restaurant they were going to was within their sights. It wasn't a fancy restaurant, but it was a nice enough place for their dinner date for the evening. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I don't really have any specific artists or genres..." Ember stated "...I just like to listen any upbeat or otherwise motivating music while training, I must admit that I don't actually even know the artist or genres of some of them...." she had never actually bothered to even look at the names of most of the songs, not to mention artists or genres, she didn't pay any attention to the restaurant since she didn't know it was where they were going, "...but my crow likes love songs, I guess there's something about their beat and such, since I know for sure it doesn't understand the words."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I think that's a fair choice in not having any particular favorites. It really shows that you like different kinds of songs and genres. For me, as long as the song can be catchy, then I'll listen to the song until said song gets old. Although, the whole song getting old doesn't usually happen..." Dynamo responded with a chuckle, before raising an eyebrow. "...Do you know of a movie called Rocky? It's sort of a boxing movie, but I remember my mom watched a few of the film series. That, and I think there's a motivational theme that plays. I forget the name of the song, but I could imagine you may have heard of it before..." As they reached the front of the shop, Dynamo opened and held the front door open for Ember to pass through. Afterwards, he walked into the restaurant and closed the door behind him. "...It's interesting to know that your crow likes to listen to songs too. I guess since he's always with you, then he'll find a song or two that they'll enjoy. I can imagine with how he may love the beat of the love song, then your crow is big fan of romance. I know this is out of nowhere, but do you like pizza at all? I was thinking of this pizza shop to go for our get together as I heard from others that this shop was fairly new, but the pizza they sell is amazing. So, I thought that we could give this place a try."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I have heard about the movie at least, don't remember if I have seen it though..." Ember replied "...and you really ask if I like pizza, inside the pizzeria?..." she sounded more amused than anything "...haven't seen that before, but yes, I do like pizza, I would have told you when you asked about my diet if I was against pizza..." again, her words may have been a bit harsh, but her tone was as kind as ever "...though really, who could be against pizza? After all, you can put anything you want on them, so in theory pizza is all foods."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Usually the movie is on TV every now and again. If I can record said movie, or find a DVD, then maybe we can give Rocky a watch. I remember watching the later sequels that were known as Creed. It was a pretty good movie, in my opinion. Seeing how it followed another character that was related to some characters in the Rocky series. That, and it is a direct sequel to his series as Rocky shows up Speaking of which, I don't think you said, but do you happen to like movies...?" He responded, chuckling sheepishly at the amusement in both her reply and tone. "...It seems I could have been a little more obvious. That, or I should have asked what kind of foods do you like. I admit that wasn't the best question I could have asked and it does sound obvious. Sort of like asking if one enjoys breathing or likes the evening sky..." He joked, running a hoof through his mane. "...I'd be shocked to meet someone who doesn't like pizza. Then again, I can see someone having a distaste because they'd be lactose intolerant. Either that, or it's just not their cup of tea..."

"...I remember hearing about this new shop being opened recently and thought it'd be a great place to go. Plus, I heard the owner of the shop is very crazy and spontaneous, but he's a pretty nice guy. Some even say he might be related to Pinkie Pie, the super duper party pony. True, they have the word Pie in their names, but one pony is pink, while the other is red. They do have a very hyperactive personality, but I can't be too sure on that..." At the mention of pizza being all food, Dynamo's jaw dropped momentarily, before he grinned. "Thank you! Finally, someone understands. I know it's not the same, but I've always felt the same way about potato chips. Yeah, it's junk food and all, but the food is made from a potato. Surely, it could be considered healthy, right...?" He shrugged his shoulders as he began walking around to look for a seat. "...So, after we find a seat, I was going to go up and order us a couple of slices. How many slices of pizza would you like? That, and is there any kind of toppings you'd like your pizza slices?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I don't really watch movies no, but it's not that I don't like them, I just don't feel the need to since my life is lot more thrilling than any movie could ever be..." Ember replied, and for rest of Dynamo's comments she replied with nods and such, not having anything to really say, for the potato chip comment she moved her head in a 'yes and no'-way, but other than that she didn't give any special reaction. "Just get me as many as you take to yourself, and same for the toppings, and don't waste your money on gems to try and surprise me." the reason why she didn't care for gems was actually a bit more complicated than she had told, but it was something that she didn't tell just anypony.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"With the thrilling life you live, then you could say that your life is like an action movie..." Dynamo responded, chuckling slightly as it was ironic, in a way. "...I guess if you've seen one movie that's like the life you live, then you've seen them all. Even though you said that it's not that you don't like movies. I guess it depends on the genre, or that it's not on the move in a sort of job sense..." As Ember gave her order of what she wanted to eat, Dynamo nodded, before giving her a fake pout and sticking his tongue out playfully. "I would do no such thing of the sort, but okay. Party pooper..." He grinned sheepishly as he got up out of his seat. The blue unicorn made his way towards the front as he placed their orders in for pizza. It was somewhat hectic as the owner of the shop was very enthusiastic. Dynamo was thankful that he went through this on another occasion. Otherwise, he would have been very confused and very concerned for the red unicorn stallion. After a few minutes had passed, Dynamo had returned with four slices, with two slices separately on two plates. "...I'm back and sorry for the wait. The owner flipped out and called me a mad pony, but I'm used to that. Apparently he thought it was insane to ask for pepperoni on pizza, but I thought for sure ponies could digest meat based products. Oh, well. I did ask for the next best thing, so I got us one plain and one with pineapples. I didn't get anything to drink as I wasn't sure what you would like to have. Is there anything specific beverage you'd like to drink, Ember?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Ember exhaled amused at Dynamo's comment about the gems, but her smile disappeared for a second when dynamo wasn't looking, her crow noticed it so she gave it seeds so it didn't do anything, she didn't know how to feel about Dynamo's friendliness, because she wasn't sure if she deserved it, and she worried that something would happen to him because of her. Her smiled returned before Dynamo came back, "It's aright, and I take just plain boring water thank you." she found it bit weird that Dynamo would be interested in meat, but she didn't show it.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"A plain boring water, huh? Okay, then. I shall return...!" He exclaimed with a chuckle as he went over to the drink dispenser. He got a plastic cup and began filling up both of their drinking cups. A water for Ember and a cola for himself. Once he made sure he didn't overfill the cups, he went over to get cup covers and straws for the both of them. After putting everything into place, he began making his way back over to where they were sitting. He smiled as he noticed her from the crowd, but he frowned slightly as it looked like her smile had disappeared. A million questions began racing through his mind as to what might have been wrong. He wasn't sure if he had said or done something wrong, or if she wasn't having a nice evening, or anything like that. He chose to not worry about what was going on for now as he would probably ask her about it later. For now, he returned and placed her cup of water on her side of the table, before placing his cup of cola next to his food. "...There we are. One 'plain boring water' for the lovely pony dragon and a cup of cola for me. Although, I wouldn't say water is plain and/or boring. At least it's better than having energy drinks or drinking too much soda. I know I'm trying to stop that bad habit of too much soda, but a cup of cola isn't too bad every now and then."

@Dynamo Pad
Ember exhaled amused at Dynamo's exclamation, she wasn't certain what to think about Dynamo, because in one hoof, he seemed pretty goof-ish, maybe even a bit childish, not really what she necessarily cared for usually, but at the same time, she couldn't help but find those things weirdly...appealing. "Lovely?..." Ember repeated curiously "...if I didn't know better, I'd think you are hitting on me." her tone indicated that she was joking, but that didn't mean there wasn't bit of truth, because due to not being used to genuine compliments, her first assumptions always were that either it was used to demean, were said just to be nice, or were used in romantic interest.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

As Dynamo was about to take a bite of his dinner, he stopped as he heard Ember's statement. He blushed as he did remember saying that. He was just trying to be joking around, but he did mean that at the same time. "Well...yeah..." Dynamo responded, chuckling slightly and shook his head. "...Oh, no. I'd never hit you. If there's one thing my mother taught me, it's that I should never hit a lady. To always treat everyone with respect if you wish to receive the same treatment..." He jokingly replied, before nodding slightly. "...If you think about it, then we are on a friendly date. I don't know how you feel about me, but I admit that you are, indeed, pretty." In truth, he didn't really know what to think about Ember. He had met her today, but he knew that she was blunt and harsh at times. Although, the blue unicorn began to learn that she wasn't an evil pony-dragon hybrid. It was a part of who she was as a bounty hunter. As he got the time to know her, he had to admit that she was mysterious. At the same time, kind, caring and funny in her own way. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Oh, but I'm not a lady, you can try to hit me if you want, you just may loose a limb or two if you do..." Ember joked as response to Dynamo's joke, before going back to her normal tone "....and I didn't really expect that response, that's really all I can say, I'm not really used to getting real compliments, that's also why I ignored the one you said before this whole dinner thing..." this time she was being blunt on purpose, because in her view sugarcoating it wouldn't bring anything good "...if you want I can tell you why it is, the same explanation would also include why I don't want to be called miss." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I know you made the offer, but I'm going to simply pass on that. No matter what, I will never hurt or disrespect a mare. The same can be said to you, as well. I can imagine you're saying that because you wear armor, or you're a bounty hunter, or for some other reason. No matter what, I'll still see you as a lady in my eyes..." He joked back at her joking response, but what he said was true, in his opinion. "...Really? I know you said that you're not used to getting compliments, but I'm guessing nopony or nocreature had ever said anything? I guess that makes sense with ignoring something that could be seen as a compliment. Which, I totally understand, of course..." He tilted his head, but nodded. "...You don't have to tell me, if you don't want to. An explanation would be nice, but it's all up to you, Ember. I don't want to force you to tell me if it makes you feel uncomfortable."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

"Well, like I said, I have no problem explaining it..." Ember reminded, before proceeding to explain "...and it's quite simple, there is this culture among powerful creatures in the crime-world that they look down on...well everyone, but it's especially true towards female creatures, and this shows in the language, as they like to use terms like honey, dear, miss, darling and other similar terms, among many compliments, to demean any females they interact with..." she used female instead of mare because she saw lot more different creatures than ponies in her line of work "...And me being a mare and my main targets being criminals, I hear it quite a bit, thus, even if I know the meaning is well, I can't help but think about that fact when i hear them."

@Dynamo Pad

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo simply nodded, staying silent as Ember went on to explain. As she began her explanation, Dynamo nodded as he started to learn a bit about the crime-world. Even though this was his first time knowing something about this kind of work. Upon learning about the female creatures in the crime-world, Dynamo gasped slightly in surprise. Sure, he had always heard from his parents that Equestria was mostly populated with females, while 1/3 of the population was male. However, he never expected how the crime-world could treat others in such a way. "I never knew about that. Now I see why when I said 'miss,' it's always brought back towards those times..." He frowned, feeling slightly disgusted at how others could be treated as such. "I'm really sorry to hear that. I don't want my apology to be seen as pity or anything like that. It's just that I can slightly understand what that's like. I know I was bullied for how my unicorn horn wasn't like others and because I was just too kind. However, I never would have thought that creatures in this part of this crime-world would go that far. It's like survival of the fittest and every creature for themselves..." He looks to Ember's gaze and nods. "...Thank you for telling me about that, Ember. It's a shame that terms like miss, honey and dear are pretty much ruined from those rude creatures. Regardless of what they say, I still stand by what I said. I still see you as a mare and I still see you as pretty. Just don't let anyone else ever tell you otherwise."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"They are called criminals for reason...." Ember pointed out "...and to succeed in that world, you need to be brutal and know what you want, thus my bluntness in many things, if you show any hesitation or weakness in my line of work, it will be used against you, regardless if you are one of the criminals or not..." she didn't really show any reaction when Dynamo called her pretty again "...and I do believe you are telling the truth when you compliment me, I just wanted you to know why I don't react like you would probably expect mare to react, because I'm fully aware how I can seem hostile and or harsh."

• Brohoof 1