Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Bounties and Video Games, 1x1 with Dynamo Pad

Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

At the mention of the word 'pawn,' Dynamo had a perplexed look upon his face. "It sounds like you're being secretive for the moment. As if the name Ice Blossom is a name that you might have heard of before. Sort of like a code name for going undercover. I guess that Blossom is a part of the crime-world, as well, huh...?" He got up quickly as Ember tried to move, but he stopped as she winced from the pain. Dynamo wasn't expecting an answer from the dragon-pony. Seeing as how he had considered the option to rest for the time being. "...Just try to rest and get your strength back. I don't plan on going anywhere for the time being. I can stay and keep you company for a little while." He looked over towards the clock on the wall to see that it was still late at night. After what he talked about to both Ember and the doctor, the blue unicorn had no intention of leaving any time soon. Even if he had the Quest Controller attached to his arm, he still felt worried about Ice Blossom. Just hearing what was discussed made him wonder who, or what she really was. He looked back towards Ember to see the crow companion tried to go into Ember's mane, but noticed it struggle due to Ember's mane being dirty and tangled. It then opted to laying down on her torso, but still was alert in case of any danger.

Dynamo could only sigh as everything seemed calm for the moment. He looked over towards the front of her bed to see a clipboard of her health information. She seemed to have been damaged pretty badly, but it didn't seem like there was nothing he knew right now. Making sure that her hooves were okay, he made his way back towards the chair that was next to the bed. After taking a seat, he slowly, yet gently took her hoof into his own. Making sure not to hurt the pony-dragon, while trying to provide her a sort of comfort as she was sleeping.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
The night and morning was peaceful and nothing too special happened, nurse visited the room now and then to check on Ember, but other than that nobody bothered the two. Now and then Ember reacted likes she was feeling uncomfortable, but it wasn't clear if it was a nightmare or just simply pain, and it never woke her up. The crow stayed awake as long as it possibly could, but even it fell asleep eventually.

Ember would sleep until around noon a nurse came in with plate of food and bag of seeds, she apologized for waking her up and explained that Ember would be able to continue sleeping soon enough but there were few things to do first. The nurse then told Dynamo to move out of the way for a moment as she made her way next to Ember with the food and asked if she was able to move and if yes how much, and after the answer was negative, she started feeding Ember, which pretty clearly didn't please Ember, as she looked quite annoyed and maybe even bit embarrassed. There wasn't much food, and it was like some kind of mush, the nurse explained that due to the undernourishment, Ember wouldn't be able to eat too much at once yet, and thus there would be a little bit of food now and then, and that for now it would be mostly just this mush since this way she would still get everything needed without eating too much. 

The breakfast...dinner? was finished with a glass of water, though that didn't mean that Dynamo would be able to get back to Ember yet, as more nurses had came in and were doing checks and lot of other things, but eventually it too was over, and when they were alone again, Ember spoke "My revenge...just doubled...in severity..." she still sounded weak and like speaking was painful, but it was an improvement from the night. "...I hate....being treated...like this." she sounded very displeased. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo kept fading in and out of consciousness throughout the night. The reason was that it was still late at night and he was still partially tired. He tried to rub his eyes with his front hooves in order to try and stay up a little longer. The mention of Ember wanting to see Blossom in the state she was in had the blue unicorn feeling worried. As he looked over towards the crow, he slowly closed his eyes as Ember's companion had also fallen asleep. Whether he realized it or not, Dynamo slouched slightly in his seat and had fallen asleep right on the spot.

The gaming stallion had woken up a few hours later by a nurse, who was shaking his shoulder to wake him up. He looked over at the time to see that it was still fairly early in the morning. Seeing how the nurse was checking on Ember's health, he made sure she could stay a while as he needed to leave momentarily. He had left to go find his boss at the arcade, while explaining the situation that had transpired the day before. After gaining some understanding from his boss, Dynamo was given the day off to rest and recover from this ordeal. He could show up later, to which Dynamo considered more than likely. After making his return to Ember's hospital room, he was told to move out of the way, while one of the nurses started to feed the dragon-pony. He understood that it would take time to eat more food as she was malnourished. However, he could see the look of displeasure and anger were present upon her face. It didn't help that only certain foods could be eaten to help her in getting strength back. 

Once she was done eating, Dynamo continued to wait as more nurses appeared for check ups and such. Eventually, all the nurses left, while Dynamo and Ember were left alone once again. He made his way over towards the chair and retook his seat. "I'm sorry about leaving so suddenly, but I had to let me boss know that I might be showing up later on in the day. I let him know what had happened last night and he told me that he understood..." He spoke, nodding in understanding as he listened to Ember speak. "...I'm going to guess that the revenge being doubled is because you're left in a state such as this? Along with having to be taken care of like a child or something along those lines? I don't blame you as I'm not a really big fan of hospitals. It doesn't help that I had to get usual check ups to make sure that my magic wasn't having an adverse affect upon my body. Due to how I couldn't summon out magic when I was younger. How are you feeling, by the way? A little bit better, I hope?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Even kids...can move..."  Ember muttered before returning to her currently normal voice "...the doubling... on the revenge... is mostly ...for the ...humiliation... I feel..."  "....but other... than that... I still... feel quite.... awful.. though... now that... the analgesics... are finally... kicking in... I can manage.." she sighed "....really...stupid of me....to fly...if I had....just walked...I would...be able....to move.....normally." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo's ear twitched as he thought he heard Ember mumble something, before he began to hear her in her normal tone. "I know the feeling of being humiliated when it comes to playing video games. I've seen other players play unfair and act as if they are toying with you. Considering if they are winning and their victory is guaranteed. Although, I know that doesn't seem relatable to what you've gone through. I just don't know exactly what had happened that put you in the state that you're in right now. I know that you were trapped and/or possibly captured for about a month. I just don't know who was able to do such a thing, or even why as to what their motive could be..." He nodded as he heard that the medicine she received were numbing the pain.

"...Don't say that. That wasn't stupid of you..." He shook his head, furrowing his eyebrows slightly as he hated to hear Ember talking poorly of herself. "...If I had wings, then I would have been doing the same exact thing. Being trapped for almost a month had possibly made you panic. I'm not exactly sure if that's accurate, but I would have been in adrenaline mode to run away from wherever you were locked away. Not only that, but you were malnourished. I could be wrong, but that could have affected your running and then whoever captured you could capture you again. Flying was a good option, but you were both tired and exhausted. So, it couldn't be helped." He sighed softly as his gaze softened. He didn't know if what he was saying had helped, but he knew he wanted to try and help Ember in looking at the bright side of things.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I know....who and...why..." Ember simply stated, the motive was pretty obvious, and the creature that captured her didn't hide it that well that it was him. 

"Though you're right that it was unusual situation to me and thus I didn't think straight, it still was a stupid decision...." Ember argued "...and there was nobody chasing me, I killed them..." her indifferent tone when talking about death reminded that it was normal part of her life "...only reason I flew was because I didn't know my exact location, but even then i could just have walked." "I know you're trying to comfort me, but I can't improve in the future if I ignore my mistakes." 

(her voice is still weak, got just tired of adding the dots.)

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

At the mention of who and why, Dynamo looked to Ember with interest in his eyes. Just the mention that she was even captured had surprised him. It was just as surprising as he saw her again after thinking he had lost her. "If you know, then who did this and what was their motive? I know you said that you have enemies just like everyone else in the crime-world. I know that I might not know anybody from your profession, but still..." His eyes widening in shock at the mention of the dragon-pony eliminating her enemies.

"...I guess you were able to catch them off guard, while making sure that they wouldn't be able to follow you..." "...I get that flying would be better to get a better look of your surroundings, but I would have thought that someone would still be chasing after you. Regardless of the mistakes, I'm just glad that you're still here. I was just afraid that what I was told was true, but I should have known better because you seem really tough and stubborn, in a good way, of course. I know we didn't really say it back when we hung out that one day, but I honestly considered us as friends." He says, offering Ember a kind smile.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"It's better that you don't know who, but the motive is rather simple, I'm their enemy, they want me to suffer..." Ember stated "...it was less about catching them off guard and more about me knowing what I'm doing, I may be in weak shape, but my skills are still there, and I can still breathe fire..." she sounded almost like she was boasting, but it wasn't on purpose, the humiliation just made her to do so, probably some kind of subconscious need to defend her pride.  "...also, never believe I'm dead until you see the body..." she fell silent for a moment "...friends....is that why I felt what I felt? I don't actually remember what it's like to have actual friends." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Okay. I won't ask who as I know it's probably not my place to ask. That, and I can only imagine that I wouldn't want to go in starting any sort of trouble..." Dynamo responded with a reluctant nod. "...I can understand that you're skills are still there, but I guess I thought of things differently. I still don't know much of the crime-world, but I suppose I was thinking that some fights and/or jobs are needed to be carried out discreetly. I would be surprised if someone goes full frontal assault, instead of trying to be smart and resourceful. I don't remember you ever telling me that you can breath fire, but it's been about a month. So, I might have forgotten a thing or two as I'm not the best with remembering..." He admitted with slight embarrassment. "...I know, but I wouldn't know where to look for you if I had known that you were taken down. I can tell that some jobs are left in secret as you aren't to be detected..." He looked slightly towards the ground, before looking back up towards Ember's gaze. "...Yeah...I mean, that's what I felt in my heart when we hung out that one day. It felt rather nice being able to talk to you, while getting to know you. I guess when it comes to working in the crime-world for so long, it must be difficult, or different to have a friend. Seeing how everyone is out to get one another for their own purposes..." He says, offering her a soft, yet caring smile. "...If you'd like, then I would like to be your friend, Ember."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I did mention it when we talked about my strength..." Ember reminded "...and I mean it quite literally when I say I don't remember what it's like, my old relationships went away with time, and besides contacts like the doctor here, I haven't really bothered with creatures other than my crow..." she explained "...sure part of the reason is the risks it poses in this line of work, but mostly it's just that I have been too busy to think about such things..." she was quiet for a moment, wearing a hard to read expression on her face "...but I guess we could try the whole friends thing, just keep quiet about it, I don't want you to get hurt because of me."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Okay and thanks for the reminder. Again, I hope you can forgive me if I had forgotten. It's like I had mentioned before that it's been a long while since I last saw you. Plus, I sometimes have trouble remembering something as my memory isn't the best..." Dynamo replied with a nod in understanding. "...From what you've said, it sounds like you've had friends before. I guess it's been many years since you last had contact with anyone. I don't think I've asked this and I hope you don't mind me asking, but how old are you? I can imagine there's a rule about not asking someone their age, but something has crossed my mind. Since you're part dragon and part pony, then does that mean that you take the aging process of a dragon, a pony, or both? I know dragon's probably have an extended lifespan, but I can't be too sure on that. Especially since I was wondering how old you were when you took part in the crime-world..." Dynamo stayed quiet as he waited to hear what Ember thought on the idea of being friends. He felt slightly worried and nervous as the expression upon her face was difficult to read. As she gave the confirmation that they could be friends, Dynamo grinned from ear to ear. He was about to jump for joy, but he soon stopped as he listened to Ember's condition. It also helped that he had to stay quiet. Considering the fact that he was still in a hospital.

"...I'd like that very much and thank you. I give you my word that I won't tell a soul about our friendship. Seeing how I know you wouldn't want anyone to get hurt if they know you. Cross my heart and hope to fly. Stick a cupcake in my eye..." Dynamo recited, going through the process of performing the Pinkie's very own Pinkie Promise. As he finished making his promise, the blue unicorn blinked as he thought he heard the word 'forever' being echoed out in the distance. He shrugged his shoulders as he decided not to worry about the randomness for the time being. "...I do appreciate the concern, but I do have a way to defend myself if I must..." He smiled with kindness and appreciation to her concern, before rolling up his sleeve to reveal the Quest Controller that was still attached to his arm. "...This is a Neightendo Entertainment System Power Glove. It's basically a controller that I can use to play on a gaming console, but that's not all it can do. It's also known as the Quest Controller. Once I activate the gaming controller, I can basically create any and all weapons that are used in video games. I'm also still working on my magic, but I'm starting to learn some elemental magic. In other words, I'm trying to create my own style of video game magic. I know it might sound silly, but I'd be able to replicate some spells and other magical abilities from other video games." 

@Dynamo Pad
"Firstly, I'm few years older than you, that's the best you'll get..." Ember replied with almost playful smirk "...and second, I have no idea which side my aging comes from or if it's some weird combination, greed doesn't make me bigger, that I know, but other than that, there isn't really way to know for sure until I reach the age that it makes a difference..." she then thought for a second "...and when I started all this....well, I started training quite young, my parents figured that I needed to get aggression out since I'm part dragon, so they got me a trainer..." "...but when I looked into this job...it was around the time I was old enough to move out, I was thinking about it lot earlier already, but I knew I wasn't ready yet."

"...And I'm aware of that item, but not all threats are physical and easily noticeable, without going too much into it, all I'll say is that you and everyone you know will be happier if you don't get yourself mixed in too much." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

As he listened to her remark, Dynamo rolled his eyes and returned the smirk. "Oh, well. I guess that's the best I really am going to get. At least my assumption of the question wasn't particularly incorrect..." He chuckled slightly, shaking his head as he continued to listen to Ember's explanation. "I do wonder if the aging process is sort of like a combination of both pony and dragon. Since you're a hybrid of two creatures, then I wonder if there's a silver lining. I remember you telling me that you've met, or knew about other hybrid creatures out there. It makes me wonder if they've gone through a similar process when it revolves around aging..." He shrugged his shoulders as he didn't have an exact answer, while he was just plainly stating his thoughts out loud. "...That reminds me. I don't know if I asked this either, but since you are part dragon. Did you have to go through this process called the Molt? I heard about the process from Princess Twilight's number one assistant, Spike. I thought I should ask as Spike had told me that he had gained his wings that way..." "...Especially when you said you were old to move out, I always thought that's around the time a pony had received their cutie mark. Although, I think you told me that you don't have a cutie mark. I admit that it's impressive about looking into the job. Since it really shows that you are very goal oriented in what you wanted to do in this career..." He admitted as it took him a few years to decide what he wanted to do, while finding a career that was related to his special talent.

"...Wait a minute. You know of the regular gaming controller, or what this Quest Controller is all about...?" His jaw dropped slightly as he didn't expect most, if not, anyone to know of the item in question. "...If so, then you've probably heard of the Dark Tournament that took place in the Everfree Forest. I get that some threats aren't physical or possibly that easily noticeable, but you'd be surprised what I had to face during that competition. Mind you, it was a tournament that I couldn't refuse as I was forced to enter. A friend I made that that tournament had made me this. It's not a weapon I use that often, but at least I know that I can defend myself..." He wanted to argue, but he also knew that arguing would get the two of them nowhere. "...Fair enough. Regardless, if you ever need help, then don't hesitate to let me know. You're my friend, Ember. Friend's are always there to help each other, after all."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I never went through molt, I was born with my wings..." Ember replied, there wasn't really anything else to add regarding that "...and not only do I not have a cutiemark, I most likely will never get one." 

"Quest controller..." Ember stated "...I have studied all known magical items, after all, they could be used against me, and I have sources that will find out quickly if new ones are created, even I don't know how they do it. And yes, I know about the tournament, but I don't know the details, I tried to find out who was behind it, but they knew how to hide their tracks..." she explained "...but though I may not know what happened there, I know it doesn't help you in the long run against those I deal with, hay, look at me, I have dealt directly with them big chunk of my life and here I am..." she turned serious "...you say you can defend yourself, that may be true, I don't know, but can you defend your friends? family? all of them at the same time? I was able to find out enough about you and them to destroy everything you care about, and my enemies can do that too, and unlike me, they have no empathy, no mercy....so please, and I really mean please...do not mix yourself into this world, regardless of what you think you can do, I say that as both friend and someone who has seen it too many times." she knew Dynamo had half-promised to stay out of it, but she needed to hammer it in, she had to be sure Dynamo really understood it. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I see..." Dynamo replied, nodding as Ember went onto explaining about both her dragon side, as well as her pony side. "I guess there are some traits that overpowered one another. Meaning that some things can be possible, while the other possibilities are most unlikely."

"I'm just surprised, to be honest..." Dynamo admitted, rolling the sleeve of his jacket down to conceal the Quest Controller. "...It's been about a few months since that tournament, but that's when I had acquired the device. It's sort of like the NES controller, but this is on a league of its own. One of the team's I had fought has someone who created the controller. I'm surprised that you knew about the Dark Tournament, but then again, I guess I shouldn't be shocked. It must be famous, or infamous given by what the tournament is all about. I was hoping that wouldn't be in my profile from whatever details were known about me, but I can't really say. The only ones I knew who were behind the tournament was someone named Rail, who wanted to earn enough bits to put his plans into motion. One that would creating as many yokai, or demons, to be placed in other ponies and creatures. That way, he would have everyone destroy all the rules and laws in society, so that all of Equestria would fall into chaos. The other would be named Big Shot, who lost his son after a gaming tournament. It was the same tournament that I was in, but it wasn't me who eliminated him..."

"...The truth is that Big Shot and his son, Cheap Shot, bribed me into taking a dive so that he could win the tournament. I didn't want to just leave, while he and his father ruled everything with the idea that money is power. So, I just won like I normally do and that was that. All Cheap told me was that he would get his revenge and stormed off. It wasn't until months later that I was forced to enter the tournament by Rail. Apparently, he was the one who terminated Cheap, before getting rid of Big Shot, as well. Apparently, Big Shot was a part of the tournament and was some kind of stock holder. Now that I think about it, I probably have an idea of who wanted to send you after me. I just can't say if my assumptions were correct, but one can't leave out that possibility..." Dynamo sighed, taking note of what Ember had mentioned to him. Not many ponies in Ponyville, or Equestria for that matter, had known much of the dark tournament after all that had happened. To others, it was as if the whole tournament was covered up to keep the truth from being revealed. As Ember turned serious, Dynamo looked towards the ground as he allowed her words to sink in. "...No. I...I don't think I can..." He sighed, his eyes trembling at the possibility that Ember described for him. He could understand that something like this could happen to Ember again, but he also had to understand that he couldn't go and risk anything if he interfered. He reluctantly looked back up and met the dragon-pony's gaze.

"...Okay. I get it and I'm sorry. There were times I wasn't strong enough to fight my opponents, but I managed to win somehow. One of my opponent's had admitted I was strong, due to how I accepted having fear. If you met the one's I fought, then you might feel even a sliver of fear running down your spine. That's besides the point, but I understand. I mean, what would my mom and friends think or say if I got involved or hurt for that matter...?" He shook his head as they probably didn't want to think such thoughts. "...I promise that I'll stay out of trouble. I just worry about you, that's all. I know that you're tough and I know that this might happen again, but I guess I just don't want to lose you. You're a good friend and I almost lost someone dear to me, you know?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Ember just nodded at Dynamo's explanation not being in the shape to talk about work right now, she had already known the names but all the other details were interesting, even if they weren't necessarily useful in catching those behind the tournament. 

"No creature scares me at this point..." Ember reminded "...and I know how you're feeling, but me not accepting your help is not about how tough I am, the reason I won't accept it is because i have dug myself into this hole, and I won't pull you in with me just because you insist throwing me a rope..." she sighed "...I'm sorry I'm this harsh about it, but I can't take the risk that several innocent creatures get killed or worse because of me, because even though I can handle lot of things, guilt like that isn't one of them ." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I don't doubt your words. You've seen one creature that's tough and threatening, then you've seen them all..." Dynamo responded, frowning slightly with a nod. "I get what you mean, Ember. You're stubborn, but I do mean that in a good way. It shows that you aren't the type of creature to quit or give up. Especially with how you were able to return after being gone for so long. I know I promised not to help, but I always want you to know that I'd be right there to help you out of the hole that you dug yourself into..." Dynamo explained with his own metaphor, before his gaze softened. "Hey. There's no need to say sorry to me. You're not being harsh, either. I guess I can be stubborn too, but it's just because I've gone through a lot..." He replied, gently placing his hoof upon hers. "...I know you probably have a good idea about this if you've seen my profile. I've lost so many family, friends and teammates in such a short time. I lost my dad a few years ago and then some teammates were lost during the whole tournament. I admit that some of the teammates I had weren't particularly nice or supportive, but they were still a part of the team. With their profession, they remind me a lot about you. The only difference is that you're a lot nicer than they are. If you can believe it. I guess I'm just tired of losing so many, but I have to understand that's what life is and it's difficult to change that." He nodded, knowing full well how guilt felt. Shining Armor had talked to Dynamo, while letting him not feel guilty of what happened to his teammates. Memories of that tournament were never gone, so he would be lying if he said he was used to what had happened.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"There is a difference between helping and getting mixed in..." Ember pointed out "...you helped me here, and you are helping me right now."  She looked sympathetic for a moment when Dynamo opened up about his past "Yeah, I know about your past, though your family and friends are the only ones I got more in detail, for the teammates I only knew what could be seen from outside. I wish I had any comforting words to say but I don't, not that pleasant words would change anything anyway." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I guess there is, but I seem to have trouble finding the difference between the two choices. I suppose getting mixed in is just helping when you don't need to offer it. I've seen an anime that had that sort of idea where someone wanted to get revenge against someone. One of the main characters stepped in to help, while not caring that he was meddling when they didn't need to. I know that isn't exactly the best example, but it's what I can imagine on what you meant by your form of logic..." "...I'm just thankful I was able to help when I could. You're my friend, Ember. It's like I said before that I would never go and abandon a friend..." Dynamo replied with a nod, before sighing softly. "...So, you pretty much know about my past and how I got my cutie mark and everything. I know that I only knew my team for a short time, but I considered some of them to be my friends. One of them was actually a friend I knew from back when I was younger. Even if we are all in separate locations, I know that they're all still here in my heart..." Dynamo explained, pointing a hoof to where his heart would be. As he listened to Ember's words, Dynamo smiled softly and shook his head. "There's no need to worry about giving words of comfort. To be honest, just being here and being able to talk to you is pretty nice. It's kind of funny, really. I've only ever told all of this to my friend, Starlight. There are some things that I normally never talk about from my past, but you're the second. Third if you count my friend, Copper, but I hadn't seen him in a very long time."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"If you say so, ponies just usually expect some kind of sympathetic response when they talk about this type of things..." Ember said when Dynamo stated she didn't need to worry about kind words "...all I can say to the whole thing is that it's like you said, it's life and you need to learn to live with it, some do it by remembering those who were lost, some take more drastic measures, but regardless of the means, it has to be done, because if you don't, your life will eventually go to waste."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I know and I've gone through a similar situation when explaining what happened to my father, while talking to my friend..." Dynamo explained. Making sure not to add Starlight's name as he took Ember's words to heart. It already helped that Ember must know about his friend. Considering that she read information on his profile. "...I know exactly what you mean, Ember. For me, I try to honor their memory and live life to the fullest. I try to work hard and make sure that their sacrifices didn't go to waste. I don't know the exact details, but I think those that were lost on the team were brought back. The rules stated that we all got a rule-free wish, but there really wasn't anything that I could wish for. I'm honestly grateful for what I have in my life now. So, some had used their wish to bring those that were lost on the team back. It's why if I win a tournament, then I try to at least commemorate the victory to my dad. A way of saying that even if he's not here, then I'm still doing okay and that I'm doing my best."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Brought back from death? Dear Celestia, that doesn't sound good, that kind of magic has very unpredictable side effects..." Ember half-muttered, this may be above her pay-grade "...but that aside, I'm glad you feel that way, and I honestly admire how you're still going after all that has happened, I have seen so many stories that end in tragedy that one positive one among them is good change of pace."  

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Eeyup and you can say that again..." Dynamo responded, shaking his head as he recalled the past events. "...When the group and I saw our teammate, he looked fine at first glance. The only problem was that it seemed as if something was different about him. As if the pony was there, but it was like a piece of them was missing. The same was for the coach of the team, but she was also the leader's teacher. The only difference was that she seems perfectly fine from what I noticed. I guess since she participated in the tournament before, she wasn't affected..." He shrugged his shoulders as he didn't have an exact answer. "...Thanks and it's nice to hear you say that. To be honest, there were times that I wanted to give up and lose hope from all that had happened. However, thanks to you and my other friends, I've learned that hope isn't truly lost forever. It's all about never giving up and finding the determination to keep moving forward."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Ember didn't really have much to say as a response, so she changed the topic a bit, still keeping the main topic on the background "Moving on was what originally brought me to this job, I'm actually surprised you never asked why I got interested in it..." sure she had said she had been training since she was very young, but knowing how to fight doesn't automatically make you a bounty hunter "...it is possible that if dislike of dragons wouldn't have been so great back then, I could have ended up as part of the royal guard now that I think about it."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

At the mention of how she had gotten the job, Dynamo tilted his head slightly and blinked. "You know something? You're absolutely right..." He shrugged his shoulders and chuckled slightly. "...To be honest? I guess I never really thought to ask. I thought I'd probably learn as time went on. I thought that since you were tired and went through so much, then you might not have wanted to talk about it at the time..." He remembered their earlier conversation of how she had been training, but he never knew when she had officially became a bounty hunter. "...I guess I would like to know. Everyone has their own take on an origin story of how they started off in their careers..." "...I know what you mean. It's a shame because you would seem to fit the role of a royal guard. I would like to say that maybe it's not too late and you can still join, but I don't think that would sway your decisions of what you're doing right now. I do recall that the royal guard has been considering letting other creatures join."

• Brohoof 1