Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Bounties and Video Games, 1x1 with Dynamo Pad

Catpone Cerberus

@Dynamo Pad
"I'm not interested in royal guard anymore, after all, I now know my skill would be wasted there..." Ember mentioned, there was also a fact that her reputation would probably stop her from getting in even if she tried, since what she was doing was on the wrong side as far as law was concerned "...but for my start. i'll leave out how exactly I became part of this all, but the reason why I did, is because I felt like I was needed..." based on her expressions, she remembered it well "...I had a friend back then, we were good friends, and she was quite a nice pegasus, her parents weren't too great, but she seemed to be able to handle it fine, until few things happened, but that's a story for another time, because her parents are the topic of this one. I don't remember exactly when it happened, but it came to light that her parents had gotten themselves mixed in with criminals, and long, sad and gruesome story short, they didn't survive. I used to hang around close to their house even after my friend disappeared, so I saw most of it. That's when I decided to look into what I could do to help to stop that type of things from happening, and after not getting into the royal guard, I chose the second best option. I started small of course, but I got hang of it pretty quickly" 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"That's understandable and I don't blame you. I've heard my share of stories about the royal guards not being the most competent ponies in the world, but I always try to be skeptic. If it is true, then I can see why those in the crime-world are stronger and capable..." He looked from side to side, before turning his attention back to Ember. "...Just make sure you don't tell anyone that I said that. I know of someone who works at a somewhat secret base, while having royal guards to defend them from intruders. However, it seems like guests and intruders always manage to enter the base with little to no effort, or just because it's convenient..." He chuckled slightly as he heard the stories, before becoming quiet and listening to Ember's tale of how she became a bounty hunter. Upon hearing what happened to one of her friends, the blue unicorn couldn't help in frowning at the story.

"...I'm glad to know about some of your friends from before, but I'm really sorry to hear what happened to your friend. It must have been gruesome to see what had happened to your friend's parents. Knowing me, I'd probably wouldn't be able to get the images out of my mind. Were you able to find the one that hurt your friend's parents and stop them...?" "...So, it sounds like you took the job of a bounty hunter. However, it's more along the lines of being an avenger. To try and stop those who were either mistreated, or to save those who were hurt. It's always good to start off with small jobs. If not, then it'd be like biting more than one can chew in the terms of bounty hunter jobs."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Ember didn't comment anything on Dynamo's description on her situation, it was close enough to the truth.

"I indeed did eventually find him, he was my first big score, it was also the job that made me infamous in the underworld..." she smiled indicating it was a specially good memory, before turning a bit more serious "...it's also a good example why I wear the armor I do, I think it was then when I got over my fear of death too..." "...I can tell the story if you're interested, it's not like I have anything else to do right now." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo didn't respond, at first to Ember's explanation. He soon matched her brief smile as it seemed like she enjoyed talking about her profession. "I'm guessing that this job was after you had joined the crime-world, right? To become infamous in the underworld, then you must have taken down some big named criminals..." He raised an eyebrow slightly as he remembered seeing Ember wearing her armor when they had met. "...You know what? I think I'd actually like to know the story. Seeing how there's so much mystery behind the reason of wearing armor. Especially how you became infamous in the underworld. I know I didn't know much about your profession from the time we had dinner together. So, it just means that I get to know you a bit more. If that's okay with you, that is. Plus, I don't have to work for a little while. So, I have time to still sit and chat."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I'll leave some details out for several reasons, but here's the gist of it... Like stated, it was my first big case, so until then I had dealt only with what you could call meaningless nobodies, but then I finally got a lead on who was responsive for the fate of my friends parents, and it turned out he was quite a big name back then. I started small, stopping trades, taking down useful goons, you know, general interfering in his business, they had no idea who was doing it, but it clearly annoyed him, as the amount of guards in trades and such only got bigger as I continued doing my thing..."

"...After a while I went after bigger fish, I started taking down creatures that were actually important for him to make money, and it didn't take long until he sent his own hunters after me, though they still not knowing who I was made them easy pickings. Then I went after his queen, they weren't together or anything, that's just what he called his closest associate, vice-leader of sorts, she was an unicorn who was very talented in very dangerous magic, she also had two dragon bodyguards. The fight was tough, and I got pretty severely injured, my armor was also heavily damaged, and I know that if I would have been wearing any other armor or been without armor of any kind, I wouldn't have won that fight.  During the fight I also was certain that I was going to die..."

"...My victory sent waves in the underworld, she had made a name for herself as one of the scariest creatures around, so someone taking her down was quite a big deal, and my target was furious, sending everything he had after me, too bad for him I was already coming for him. He didn't really put up much of a fight, he had some bodyguards but he himself was quite pathetic fighter. I left him in a place where every other piece of scum could see him. During all that someone had seen me without me knowing, and soon after I was done the stories about a red dragon started going around and I got plenty of nicknames, one of my personal favorites is 'The Crimson Queen', and though nowadays the bigger names use 'that bounty hunter', 'she', and other similar terms when talking about me and call me by my name when talking to me, the nicknames are still used among the smaller criminals as they are still truly scared of me." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo nodded and stayed quiet as Ember talked. Not wanting to interrupt the dragon-pony, while also understanding that some reasons might be considered secretive. After she finished up her story, Dynamo’s jaw dropped in surprise. His eyes held interest as he was amazed and shocked by what he had heard. “Wow. I had no idea you had gone through a lot. I can see why you took down some that were considered to be nobodies. It’s sort of as a way to dip your hooves into the crime-world. It’s must've been fun having to stop some business that involved the one responsible. Considering you were stopping him, but you were being both discreet and taking him down from the outside....” “...The whole Queen thing reminds me of cards. I actually wonder if he had others that went by joker, jack, or other card code names. Seeing how you mentioned that certain associates were close to him...” He chuckled slightly, before he became serious with a frown. He still couldn’t believe that Ember was almost taken down, but he was thankful that she was okay. 

“...At any rate, I’m just glad you made it through in one piece. I can imagine some fights and/or tasks were difficult, while some seemed impossible. I’d hate to be and/or know the place he was placed in. I can only imagine what he must have been put through when you had managed to catch him. Speaking of which, you mentioned that had you worn another suit of armor, then you might not have won. Is the armor I saw you wear a specially designed suit of armor...?" He wondered, before smiling at the different nicknames she had been given. "...I do like the name 'The Crimson Queen.' I don't know or have an exact reason why, but it seems very fitting for you. Plus, the name feels as if you're very powerful in the rankings of the crime-world. It really does go to show that smaller criminals have something to fear when they hear your name."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Names of cards and chest pieces are used quite a lot, I'm not sure why, it's symbolism that is lot older than I, but he specifically didn't use others than queen."

"Yes, the armor is rather special, and so is the spear, they were custom made for me by a very talented blacksmith, and they have been made from magic-resistant metal, the same one Storm King's troops used in their shields. They have also been made using a specific type of dragon fire, making them more durable and just generally better than most items made from the same material." Ember explained "The funny thing about the nickname thing is that those most scared of me don't have anything to worry about because I don't go after small criminals like them anymore." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Huh. I was honestly just kidding when I mentioned the whole card thing. I actually didn't know that it, or chess pieces were used quite often..." Dynamo responded, placing a hoof to his chin, while deep in thought. "...I suppose it's symbolic because some criminals or gangs treat things like a game. The end goal to a game is to reach that certain objective. So, codenames such as chess pieces, would most likely be involved..." He shrugged his shoulders as he wasn't too sure on his theory.

"A very talented blacksmith, huh? I can only imagine the amount of orders he gets from others. He must drive a hard bargain for making different armor, weapons and such..." His eyes widened slightly at the mention of the Storm King's name. "...Wait a minute. You mean the Storm King!? The very same one who attacked Canterlot...?" Dynamo was shocked, but he soon realized that it shouldn't be that surprising. "...I guess that makes sense. With armor like that, it's no wonder how the Storm King was able to succeed with invading Canterlot. Although, to be fair, he had help from Tempest Shadow. I knew that some armor and weapons were to be quenched when being heated by fire. I've seen a show that focused on blacksmith's once. It looked pretty interesting and it reminded me of welding. A job that my dad used to do when he worked alongside with racing..." "...Was this new armor made after the Storm King's defeat? I only ask as I remembered hearing that some troops were stopped by dragon fire. I guess the specific fire must be rare in order to make certain shields to be very durable. Even so, it's still very interesting, in my opinion..." He responded, before chuckling. "...I guess the lower level criminals don't have anything to worry about, but it still doesn't stop in putting fear into their minds. At the very least, I can see a name like 'The Crimson Queen' would be known throughout the criminal world. To the lower level thieves and criminals, they'd just think that the name would be a myth or legend. Either that, or something along the lines of the name going into history in the crime-world."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"My armor has been made long before Storm king, but I knew about him since the blacksmith had bought the metal from his kingdom, and I doubt they had used dragon fire with their shields, they seemed normal when I saw them at the black market later. And what comes to the rareness of said fire, in Equestria it is rare, as the blacksmith is the only one with the access to it here as far as I know, but considering that it's the fire of certain species of dragon, it's most likely very common somewhere."  

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Huh. I didn't think the armor was made before the time of the Storm King, but that does make a lot of sense. I did hear that some of the armor was stopped by Spike's dragon fire, but that was rumors from the towns ponies. Maybe the armor was replicated, but of a tougher density to block any fire damage..." He shrugged his shoulders as he was not in Canterlot during that time. "...I'm going to guess that it's pretty common in the Dragon Lands and somewhat rare in Ponyville, Canterlot, or anywhere else in Equestria. You probably won't tell me where this blacksmith is located, but I can imagine they are in Equestria, but secretly located somewhere. Meaning that he'd be able to find the fire from the certain species of dragons."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I meant that my armor is made before Storm Kings attack, not before his rule..." Ember corrected "...and no, the fire isn't common in Dragon lands, because like I said, it's rare in Equestria, and Dragon lands are in Equestria, the required dragon species is different to local dragons. And yes, I won't tell his location, but only because it doesn't matter to the topic at hoof, but yes, they are in Equestria, that's why I said he's the only one with the fire here, here being Equestria, and no, he is not in a secret location and nor is the fire, he has a business in middle of a city and he has a pet dragon of said species."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Oh, I see. I was talking about the Storm King attack, but I guess I mixed up my own words. That's my bad..." Dynamo smiled sheepishly, giving Ember and apologetic look. "...Just hearing that fire is not that common in the Dragon Lands is surprising to hear. I can imagine that different to local dragons have unique traits to them. I just thought that each shared a common trait, but I guess not. I figured as much, but I thought he'd be near Equestria, but somewhat off of the map. I still don't know that much of the crime-world. So, I wouldn't know if some ponies and creatures go into hiding to avoid detection or something along those lines..." "...A pet dragon and a business, huh? That sounds rather interesting. I'd be surprised if the location was somewhere I've played in a tournament once or twice before. It feels odd at times that you'd run into someone and not realize you might have met them before. It would be cool to visit sometime. I know it might not be a good idea, but traveling and vacation are always nice from time to time."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"That's the thing, he has nothing to do with the crime world, he's just a blacksmith, he just happens to be very talented. Good example of helping without getting mixed in...." Ember informed "...and I doubt you have met him, he rarely leaves his shop, actually he only goes to buy food and sometimes sell his wares to some events, but gaming events aren't one of the places he goes to."  

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

At the mention of the blacksmith not being a part of the crime world. Dynamo had raised his eyebrows in slight surprise. “Oh, really? I guess I didn’t take into account that he could take in other customers. Although, I guess that does make sense. Considering he can accommodate for others, while not being a part of the crime world...” He concluded, shrugging his shoulders on the subject of meeting the blacksmith. “...Perhaps, but I meant more along the lines of passing by his shop. I don’t know if there are arcades or gaming events where he works at. I suppose it isn’t the case since you said he rarely leaves his shop. Oh, well. He does sound like a cool pony from what you’ve told me.”

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I can tell for a fact that he has never been in a arcade or gaming event, he's too old and busy for that by his own words. And I won't agree or disagree on the coolness since it really depends how you define it..." Ember simply responded "...but you would know if you had met him, he has always that dragon with him, Iba he calls her, quite unique pet, imagine a talking cat that can breathe fire." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I suppose the idea of a blacksmith and video games don't really mix. My dad used to be a welder when he wasn't working on cars. So, I can imagine a blacksmith and a welder are sort of the same thing, in one way or another. It's why I considered the idea of being a blacksmith to be cool. So, I can see what you mean by when you mentioned on how you define it..." Dynamo explained with a nod. "...A talking cat that can breathe fire, huh? Now, that's a creature that I've never heard of, nor have I seen before. Here I thought the Bugbear was the most interesting creature hybrid that I've ever seen. The name Iba is an interesting name. I wonder if there's any meaning or relation behind the name. The only question is that can his pet dragon talk like Spike, or is that not the case?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I meant the fire breathing cat more as a description of Iba's personality, but anyway, for the name, as far as I know, it doesn't mean anything, and for her talking, she can talk quite well, but she isn't as fluent as Spike, in other word, she speaks the language perfectly, but she says everything the shortest way possible. Though as far as I have understood, it's not because she can't talk normally, she just doesn't like talking." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I see. I guess a name can hold some sort of meaning, or something along those lines. If I did get a cat, then I'm not entirely sure what to name them. Knowing me, I'd probably go with a character from a video game. More so it would be based on looks, or possibly personality traits. That, or if I considered that gaming character as a favorite from said game..." "...Even so, a pet cat like that is pretty interesting. It sounds like she's one of few words. I guess that's understandable as everyone has their own quirks and such. Has the blacksmith had Iba for a good amount of time? I can only imagine she's been with him since the start of his career as a blacksmith."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I don't know how long exactly he has had Iba as it didn't come up during our chatting, but he did mention she was left to his door when he first opened his own shop. He had worked as a blacksmith's apprentice elsewhere before that, so your guess is either wrong or right depending on what you consider to be the start of his career."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

“Huh. I guess Iba’s parents or original owner had left her in the blacksmith’s doorstep. I’m glad she found someone who was able to care for her. I would say working as an apprentice would be a starting point. Just like how it was for me when video games were involved. My old teacher, Pinball Wizard, took me on as his apprentice. To learn both video games and arcade machines. In the chance to learn how to work at an arcade, as well.” 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Ember just nodded, and there was no more time to say anything else as the nurses came again, asked Dynamo to move, and did the same things as earlier. Ember seemed to hate it just as much as she had previously. This time before the nurses left, Ember asked if she could get a certain chess piece brought to her room, a king to be exact, the nurse who listened the request seemed confused but promised to see what she could do before leaving Dynamo and Ember alone again.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

As he waited for Ember to respond, his ears perked as he heard the nurses entering the room once more. He was asked to move aside, while obeying the nurse's orders. He stood off to the side, while taking notice of Ember's expression. He could see that she hated being cared for by the nurses, but he knew they would help her in recovering from all that had happened to the dragon-pony. Right before the nurses left, Dynamo had taken notice of what Ember had needed. He raised an eyebrow at the mention of a chess piece, but he felt confused as the nurse had promised to look into finding said chess piece. After then use had made their leave, Dynamo had walked over and retook his seat in the chair next to Ember. "I know this is random, but I wanted to ask. Is there any reason as to why you needed a King's chess piece? That's a bit of a specific request, if you ask me." He says, tilting his head to the side in confusion.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"It'll be the message that Ice Blossom is to deliver..." Ember replied almost ominously "...after all, it's a world of symbols, and sometimes message like that is lot more effective than any  words you could ever say..." she seemingly tried to move, but it was no use "...and I'll actually need your help with it, but I'll explain what you need to do when they bring the king." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Huh. I didn't think you'd go after Blossom so soon. Considering you had just said you'd plan to make her feel fear the night before. I guess it'd be your way to let her know to be very afraid..." Dynamo gulped slightly as he felt fearful of Ember's ominous tone. However, he could soon see that this was probably how things worked in the crime world. "...I can see how chess has all sorts of symbolic meanings and such. Especially how a game of simple chess can be all about symbolism..." At the mention of needing her help, the blue unicorn couldn't help in agreeing. "...I think I get it. Since I'm still 'friends' with Blossom, I can completely act nonchalant when giving her the chess piece. This way, I can continue with your plan, while technically not taking part in anything."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Oh I'm not going after her yet, after all, she'll have a message to deliver..." Ember pointed out "...and no...actually, in certain situation your guess would be a working plan, but it isn't now as it's safe to assume that she too is aware of my escape, and since there's no doubt they have contacts here like I do, she also most likely knows I'm awake and assumes I have told you who she really is..." she corrected "...though if you're here when she comes to try finish the job, you can give it to her, but the help I need is with preparing the message since the piece needs few changes before it's a message and I can't move." 

• Brohoof 1