Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Bounties and Video Games, 1x1 with Dynamo Pad

Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

"Oh, I see. So, maybe Blossom was the accomplice to whoever tried to eliminate you. Either that, or she's the messenger and/or spy to an operation of sorts..." Dynamo nodded, while feeling as if he was starting to understand. "...I want to say that I find it highly unlikely that Blossom knows of you being here. The whole escape thing I could understand, but how would she know? Is she nocturnal, or barely sleeps? She would have to have a good source of information to know all of your actions..." The blue unicorn stopped to think, before his eyes widened as a possibility. "...It can't be based on me, could it? It's like I told you before. She was everywhere and anywhere I would have gone to in Ponyville. So, who knows if she's looking for me now..." He shivered slightly as he felt slightly disturbed. Feeling as if Blossom was stalking him, or something along those lines. "...If she wants to finish the job, then I won't allow that to happen. I know I said I'd stay out of it, and I meant it. However, given the injuries you have, I can't let you be left defenseless. I know you can take care of yourself, but still. That, and I'll still give her that chess piece. I can try to help in changing said piece, but I'm not entirely sure what you want that chess piece to become. Do you have any suggestions?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Have you not listened what I have said?..." Ember asked "...Ice Blossom, or whatever her real name really is, is a pawn in a giant game of chess, her boss, the king, is the one behind my capture. She is just one of the goons among many, and just happens to be one chose to do this because she happens to be better than the other goons..." "...Also, as I just stated, my enemies most likely do have contacts here in this hospital like I do, and as far as we know, the nurses taking care of me all are contacts to someone, so yes, the information about me being here has most likely reached her boss right after we arrived here, and sending a message doesn't really take that long with the resources they have, so I'd say it took the most an hour for Blossom to hear about it, assuming she'll be the one to finish the job, as she likely is...also, you don't sleep if your boss wants you to do something, besides, considering she'll most likely strike at night, she has plenty of time to sleep...." she explained "...her boss having contacts everywhere is also why she always found you, and if I'm being honest, you're not hard one to track..." "...And lastly, I may not be able to move, but I can still breathe fire, if it ever reaches that point, because I doubt it will...you see, she'll most likely try to be sneaky, poison me or something while pretending to be a nurse, and that's not gonna work, because...well, the doctor knows what his staff looks like, even if he doesn't trust them, my crow will notice something is wrong...and well, have you ever been attacked by a bird?.." "..oh, and the piece, all you need to do is to break it, from the top preferably, to decapitate it."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Upon listening to Ember’s question, Dynamo embarrassingly shook his head. He wanted to understand, but he knew it was more complicated than it seemed. As she explained in further detail, Dynamo gasped slightly and nodded in understanding. “I see what you mean now. I honestly thought it could have been someone else that Blossom was working for. Since you mentioned the King earlier, I guess it’s safe to assume who you’re dealing with. Have you ever run into him often in your time as a bounty hunter...?” “...I can’t deny with that form of logic. Considering that she’s been trying to keep a tab on everywhere I go. Now that you mention it, it looks like some of the nurses here are being rather rude to you. Maybe those are the contacts that you were mentioning, who work for the King. If you can sleep with both eyes open, then I don’t think sleeping will be a problem. Nopony is able to go without sleep. I could be wrong on that, but I guess one can never know...” He explained, shaking his head with an honest smile. “...I don’t blame you for saying that. I do have a daily routine. Maybe I should try and change things up every now and then. I’m glad the doctor is on your side on this. I know you can defend yourself, but it’s always good to have a little bit of backup. I have never been attacked by a bird, but I don’t think I want to know. I can only imagine how painful it can be...” As Ember explained the meaning behind the plan of the chess piece. Dynamo smirked and nodded wholeheartedly. “Now that’s got a lot of symbolism if I’ve ever seen one. I’ll gladly take the responsibility as I can tell Blossom that she and I aren’t friends.”

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Him? Do you mean the boss? No, I haven't ran into him personally, as the leadership stays in their hiding places to avoid dying, but I have dealt with his underlings several times..." Ember simply replied "...Nurses are often rude, they are overworked and underpaid, but regardless, contacts aren't really a threat, because they are just sources of information and favors, they don't get their hooves dirty." she just let out amused exhale at Dynamo's response to the bird question. "Like I said earlier, you can give it to her if you are here when she arrives, but if you aren't, then you won't, I won't send you to deliver it both because I won't get you mixed up in to this...even messengers can get hurt, and because I have no idea where she is." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I did mean the boss and that would make the most logical sense. You just don't have the leader waltz out of anywhere and not expect anyone to go against them so easily. There's so many rules and ways to live in the crime world. At least, that's what I'm learning about, so far..." "...I want to say that isn't true, but I've seen jobs where ponies and creatures are just miserable. Being treated with disrespect and losing their job for no reason. Even when you work to the best of your ability and don't expect anything in return. I can see how nurses can start gossiping and handing out information from what you're telling me. They wouldn't want to get their hooves dirty, or they'd be out of a job..." Dynamo responded, nodding as he listened to Ember's options on the plan. "...Very well. If I'm here, then I can basically give her your reply. If not, then I'll stay out of it. I promised not to get mixed up in things and I won't break a promise. Unless something happens and I have to help a friend. There's always an exception to the rule, of course. Although, that isn't the case to many things. Knowing Blossom, she'll be wanting to know where I'm at. Like you said before, I'm somewhat predictable. So, she must be confused that I'm not where I'm supposed to usually be."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"No she isn't..." Ember said rather coldly "...firstly, you don't know her, we don't even know her real name, second, if she knows I'm here, she knows you're here...besides...." she gave Dynamo a slightly 
sympathetic look "...she most likely couldn't care less about you now, she probably never did, she was just doing what she was told to do. I won't even pretend that I know why they bothered with you in the first place, but the harsh truth is that now that I'm back, you are insignificant again..." "...I of course can be wrong, but if I am, then someone knows something about you that I don't." she knew she was being quite harsh, but there was no reason to sugarcoat it. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I know and I guess I have to accept that as fact...." Dynamo sighed, shrugging his shoulders as he saw Ember's sympathetic look. "...I don't know her, or I guess I never knew her to begin with. Given how she's been able to keep track of me, then she'll know where I am soon enough. You said she was able to accomplish missions that her boss has given to her and all of his subordinates. I guess I understand the harsh reality from what you've told me, but I guess it's for the best..." He knew it wasn't easy for him to hear this from Ember, but he felt it was better to still be told this. Instead of avoiding the subject altogether and to not hurt his feelings. "...It's probably the life of the crime-world, but I suppose that's how it all works to know when someone is important or not. Either way, I'm just glad to have you back Ember. As far as I can tell, I'm just thankful to have my friend back." While so much had happened, he knew what he had said was the truth. He knew that things like this could happen again. At the very least, he was just grateful to know things were slightly back to normal.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Ember just nodded, not having anything to add, and during the silence a king was brought to the table next to Ember. "It's curious...." she suddenly said when they were alone again "...the whole friends thing, we knew each other only for some hours, yet both managed to miss the other for a month..." "...to give some perspective to what I find so weird about it, I have known many creatures lot longer than that and had good experiences with them, yet I have never missed them." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

The room fell into a comfortable silence, before the king chess piece was brought to Ember. When the two were alone once more, Dynamo tilted his head in slight confusion. He was about to ask what was curious, but stopped as he listened to her response. "When you put it that way, it does sound a bit curious. I would say that we enjoy each other's company or something along those lines. Maybe there's a specific reason. I mean, have you met any other creature that wasn't a part of the crime-world? If not, then perhaps it's because I'm the exception. Just because I'm mostly an average, everyday pony, or I just break the usual norm?"

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

“I don’t believe you’ve ever told me what your life is like outside of work. With how you described, it feels like work is always constant. Granted, rest is always important and all. It just seems like the life of a bounty hunter never rests. I would like to know more about your life outside of work...” Dynamo responded with a smile. “...Sitting down to talk is always nice. Especially when you’re in the company of others. Perhaps there’s more to our friendship, but I guess we’ll wait and see how it all goes.”

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Well, it is true that my work does have a impact on me every moment, but it isn't because I'm working all the time, it more on the lines of being on the standby, since I need to keep my eye out for any dangers. And for what I do outside my work, it's not really anything too exiting, buying essentials, relaxing at home...I remember actually mentioning it before, basically my free time is spend relaxing to balance out my work." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I guess you'll be on standby for a little while. Given with all of the injuries that you have at the current time. I mean, you wouldn't go off of standby if you were still recovering, right? I would say it would be considered reckless if one were to just get back into their job after getting hurt..." "...Oh, that's right. I'm starting to remember that you said you would relax at home. I suppose that after going through a task/job, it's always nice to enjoy take it easy and enjoy the life that's around you. Maybe when you are able to be discharged, we can hang out and talk more often. I mean, we can still talk now, but still."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Actually about that, would it be possible to arrange things in a way that you would be able to take care of me at my home?.." Ember asked "...Because I really don't like to be here, and until they find something more serious when they finally manage to examine me better, only reason for me to be here is because I have nobody at home." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Are you sure if you'd be okay with the idea...?" Dynamo blushed slightly as the question was out of nowhere. "...I mean, I don't think that would be a problem. I don't blame you for your reasons for not being at the hospital. Especially with how rude these nurse's have been acting. There's also the possibility that if you're at your regular home, then Blossom or someone else will easily find you. If that's the case, then I guess it would be okay to stay at my house."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"My house is the safest place for me, I have prepared it for this type of situation..." Ember assured, either not noticing or not paying any attention to the blush "...so is it yes or no? I want a direct answer..." answers that started with I think or any similar statement wasn't good enough at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I see. Given the profession of being a bounty hunter, then that means one must be prepared for any and all types of situations..." Dynamo noted, nodding as he listened to Ember's remark. "...My answer is yes. If you believe that my place is okay for me to help you in recovering, then I'm on board with the plan. If it’s no too much trouble, then I hope you won’t mind in letting me stay. I might need to get a few things from my place. Other than that, we can leave and head over to your place as soon as you’re set to leave the hospital. Would it be a good idea to go and get the main doctor of the building?”

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Good, and don't worry about the doctor, I'll bring the topic up when he comes here again...the earliest I can leave is probably tomorrow anyway, since they need to still take the x-ray and such, I also want to know those results..." Ember stated calmly before sighing "...I really hope I'll be able to move soon enough, getting fed like a baby is bad enough, and that's not even the worst thing I may end up needing help with." she spoke quietly and it was clear she was uncomfortably embarrassed, and maybe even ashamed about it. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Okay and I'm guessing the doctor will show up sooner or later. Provided that he usually tries to see all of the patients. At least to give them a progress report of how they are doing..." He nodded in understanding about Ember wanting to hear of the results. "...Hopefully, the x-rays will give us some good news to hear for a change..." His ears perked as Ember had spoken quietly. However, he felt he managed to get the gist of everything, while blushing slightly. "...I could be wrong, but I think I know what you mean. If the x-rays and results come back as good, then moving around might be sooner rather than later. I know that being fed like a baby might be annoying, but it will only be for a little while longer."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Even the sooner isn't necessarily soon enough..." Ember muttered, before continuing with quiet voice that implied she wanted that only Dynamo heard it "...and that's part of the reason why I want out of here, I rather have you help me with things I'd rather do without help, than risk any of my enemies have the pleasure to see me in that state" it was pretty clear that this was uncomfortable topic to Ember, and she was acting quite uncharacteristic when compared to her usual self. 

The crow had started to clean up bigger pieces of dirt from its owner again, since she was still dirty from the escape and crash.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

As Ember continued to mutter, Dynamo's ears perked as he leaned closely towards the dragon-pony. As she whispered, it was as if what she needed to say was only for Dynamo to hear. "I'm glad to know that you'd like to have my assistance in helping out around the house. I get what you're trying to say as I've been starting to notice with the nurses. Whether they are a part of other groups in the crime world, then I'd rather help you out. Instead of allowing them to keep putting you in the state that you're in now." He whispered back so that only she could hear him. He wasn't sure, but he slightly noticed that Ember seemed uncomfortable about the current topic. He decided to not allow the conversation to go on for very long. It also helped that the crow was beginning to help clean up bigger pieces of dirt once again.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"But enough of that, less we talk about it, less I need to think about it...." Ember concluded, after which her tough shell came back up. She decided to change the topic "...This whole situation makes me curious, what is the worst injury you have been through? No need to tell if you don't want to, I'm just curious.."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Okay and that's fine by me. I guess it's like the old saying. The less someone knows, then the better they will be? I could be wrong on the saying, of course..." Dynamo nodded, placing a hoof to his chin as he thought about Ember's question. "...That's a good question. I remember I sometimes sprained my front hoof playing kickball. I remember there was even one time I had fallen and my saddlebag fell on my front hoof. I sprained the whole arm and had trouble walking for a few days. It was even worse during gym class. We had to play hoof ball and I was always worried someone would throw the ball to me..." He chuckled slightly as he knew an injury was always serious, but he couldn't help in laughing in a sense of irony. "...If we are talking about recent, then I would say during the time I was in that tournament. I can't tell you the number of times I was either hit with magic, hit with poisonous gas, or been hurt senseless by my opponents. How about you? Besides this injury, what was the worst injury you've been through. The same rule applies as you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, of course."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Ember let out an amused exhale "if I started listing them off we would be here for the next week, but in short, I have broken every bone in my body at least once, my skin is probably more scars than skin, and if magic left permanent marks I would be unrecognizable..." she seemed quite casual about it "...honestly it would be probably easier to tell what injuries I haven't gone through, since that list pretty much only includes losing limbs and dying, among few other permanent injuries." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo smiled as he took notice of Ember giving an amused exhale. He felt as if what he had said had lightened the mood between the two. "I hope we wouldn't be here for the next week if you went over all of your injuries. You said it yourself that you'd rather be back home, instead of being here..." He gave Ember an amused smile to let her know that he was joking. "...I'm guessing the injuries you have now aren't as bad as what you've probably been through before..." With Ember being part dragon, Dynamo had noticed that her skin was made up of dragon scales. So, while it may have seemed difficult to notice any scars. He knew to take her word for it, while noticing that the dragon-pony seemed so casual of her injuries. "...If that's the case, then I guess listing what injuries you haven't had would be better. Would a scar count as a permanent injury, or does that not count? Considering a scar is a type of injury that doesn't heal, right?"

• Brohoof 1