Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Reorganizing MLPF Forum Structure

Jeric

We will be reorganizing several forums with the intention of making things cleaner. In the past we had more users and it required far more subforums. This is what we will be attempting to do 

• Put Pony Section First - We are a Pony focused board. Pony needs to be much higher in the grand scheme of things. 
  • Archiving old Cons and old Events - Old conventions and old events that have their own forum will be tucked away in their own Archive Category. For recurring events like World Cup and MCM new forums will be created each year. 
  • Review of OH and RP  .... these are specialty areas and one is in active rebranding now. We basically want to preserve the focus on these and still give them high visibility. That said, some reorganization and emphasis is needed here. 
  • Canterlot will be found lower on the index page but any new announcements like this one will be posted on the front page. 

This will be unlocked for a time to gather some feedback. 

Welcome Plaza was moved into the Pony Section so that it is the first forum you can access. Canterlot Team will still "own" management of it. 

• Brohoof 23

• The topic was featured
  • The title was changed to Reorganizing MLPF Forum Structure
3 minutes ago, mini said:

forum games should be at the top in its own section ;)

It would grow too powerful to contain!

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

Put Pony Section First - We are a Pony focused board. Pony needs to be much higher in the grand scheme of things. 

I don't quite understand this, wouldn't the name of the forum make the pony focus obvious? 

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I don't quite understand this, wouldn't the name of the forum make the pony focus obvious? 

At some point the Canterlot section, which encompassed the Welcome Plaza, Feedback, Support and Sandbox eeked its way up to the top of the hierarchy of the site. Since MLP Forums is a pony focused site, we figured it's time to put ponies back on top, where they should be. Aside from events and recently replied to topics, the My Little Pony section should be the first thing you see.

• Brohoof 4

4 minutes ago, Troblems said:

At some point the Canterlot section, which encompassed the Welcome Plaza, Feedback, Support and Sandbox eeked its way up to the top of the hierarchy of the site. Since MLP Forums is a pony focused site, we figured it's time to put ponies back on top, where they should be. Aside from events and recently replied to topics, the My Little Pony section should be the first thing you see.

Oh, I understand now. Thank You. :)

• Brohoof 3

• The topic was unfeatured