Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship Day Scavenger Hunt

Twilight Sparkle

10 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

You are to write a letter to the princess as telling me what you learned about your new friend and what you learned about friendship along the way. 

Post the letters here so we can all share in the magic of friendship. 

Question, So we post our answer to you first, and then on this thread? 

wouldn't the others see the answers to the riddle if we do that? So when is the best time to post on this thread?

Edited by TBD

14 minutes ago, TBD said:

Question, So we post our answer to you first, and then on this thread? 

wouldn't the others see the answers to the riddle if we do that? So when is the best time to post on this thread?

Post them on the last day. If people get a few of them last minute its ok. Just so long as we have fun, meet new friends, and learn a few things 

7 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

Can you do that?

I tried to message you but it says you can't receive them.

Spoiler

The first couple questions are a type of cypher. The clue is it is a type of salad, as well as an old emperor. 

Just now, 2nd Amendment Brony said:

I tried to message you but it says you can't receive them.

Reveal hidden contents

The first couple questions are a type of cypher. The clue is it is a type of salad, as well as an old emperor. 

I’ll add you to a PM I have up.

REQUEST AND RULE UPDATE

1.The rules on group size are rescinded work together just ensure its not a large group that already all know each other. Try to meet new people

2. Post your response here on the last day which is 8-11-19 

3. Post your response in a spoiler tag 

4 Have fun

• Brohoof 4

On 8/8/2019 at 12:11 PM, Twilight Sparkle said:

You are to write a letter to the princess as telling me what you learned about your new friend and what you learned about friendship along the way. 

With this being the last day before submission, some clarification on the rules for those of us in bigger groups, as the rule is written just for two partner groups. Do we each post several different letters summarizing the same group members, as that would be a little redundant?

2 hours ago, KH7672 said:

With this being the last day before submission, some clarification on the rules for those of us in bigger groups, as the rule is written just for two partner groups. Do we each post several different letters summarizing the same group members, as that would be a little redundant?

You can either all submit what you learned about each other or each pick an individual in the group to write your letter on. All letters will be a bit different as you each will have learned something different about friendship along the way even if what you learned about your new friend/s along the way 

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

You can either all submit what you learned about each other or each pick an individual in the group to write your letter on. All letters will be a bit different as you each will have learned something different about friendship along the way even if what you learned about your new friend/s along the way 

We send these to Princess Twilight?

Just now, TheRockARooster said:

We send these to Princess Twilight?

No as posted before the letters will be posted here. So we can call learn about friendship together. 

I'll just go ahead and post this thing.

Spoiler

Dear Twilight Sparkle, I've encountered a lad called TheRockARooster and asked him your lame questions. These are his answers:

Who is your new friend's favorite pony?

Loves all the Mane 6

Who is your new friends favorite non mane six pony?

Derpy and Bon Bon

Friend's favorite new song?

He's a gigantic KISS fan. Doesn't have a favorite song though.

Friend's favorite new episode?

Friendship Is Magic, Part 1&2 as well as Sonic Rainboom and The Ticketmaster. Didn't watch the new episodes.

Friend's ponies' favorite weed?

Horny Goat Weed (extra strength)

What is your friend's biggest friendship lesson from the show?

He's learnt a few of the lessons from the show, mostly like showing kindness and being generous.

What element or pillar does your friend connect with most?

Mistmane/Beauty

I've learned nothing new about friendship GG. Next year we should have spin a bottle.

• Brohoof 2

Now listen people! You can't have me be the only one posting friendship letters. What will Twilight Sparkle think about all of this. Do you want her to get an eggache?

• Brohoof 1

Good Morning @Twilight Sparkle, I will be next to present my letter from my group:

Spoiler

Dear Princess Twilight,

This week I worked with several new friends, and one in particular is BornAgainBrony. His favorite member of the Mane 6 is Rainbow Dash, with his favorite Non-Mane 6 pony being King Sombra. A favorite episode of the Twilight's Kingdom finale, part 2 in particular, and favorite song being Celestia's Ballad. Now the show itself has meant a lot to him, even from the very beginning being one of his biggest lessons about simply remembering the power of friendship, something he'd forgotten long ago in his childhood and turned cynical by the world he was trapped in. Getting into this fandom, he felt exactly like Luna must have, being brought home and welcomed, and as a place to hide, he had obsessed myself with learning and work as a way of supplementing what was missing. To open up again and let it all in, it's probably the most important thing that has ever happened to him. Finally his favorite Element or Pillar also being  his favorite pony. Seeing it exemplified best in Tanks for the Memories, explaining so much about his life that he had somehow never quite grasped, describing it in terms so simple that even children could understand. Claiming it's so ridiculously obvious that Loyalty is his element as he's always willing to crazily stand against the very forces of nature to hold ontosomething he cares about. He had never seen such loyalty demonstrated anywhere else until Rainbow Dash tried it, even willing to sacrifice her favorite season for it.

This experience was not just fun to solve the clues but doing it with a group, because one thing I learned about friendship is not just helping others solve the clues, but also explaining or working through the process for how to solve it to give them confidence to contribute more. It was a nice team building experience and allowed a few of us to communicate with each other personally.

I hope the others not just in my group took plenty from this scavenger hunt like I did.

Your one of many faithful forum users, KH7672

• Brohoof 1

Good morning, @Twilight Sparkle! I wanted to give you a letter that I wrote about my friend. I didn't see the event on the home page of the forum, so I hope I'm not too late in submitting a letter.

Spoiler

Dear Princess Twilight,

During this week, I was able to talk and learn about a friend who I talked to from time to time, but one who I never got to truly and fully know. That person in particular was @TBD. Some of his favorite ponies overall are both Rainbow Dash and Princess Luna. His favorite non mane six pony is Tempest Shadow. His favorite episode of the new season is the episode, "The Beginning of the End." His favorite new song of the season is "Lotta Little Things." The biggest friendship lesson he learned is learning to forgive yourself and to let go of your past. The pillar of element that he connects to the most is Sorcery. I learned that there is more to a friend that meets the eye. I remember talking to TBD here and there when it involved Kingdom Hearts. Other than that, we never really talked to each other that often. I think this scavenger hunt was very helpful as it helped me to learn more and more about someone that I rarely talk to. It helped me to realize that even if you talk to your friend and get to know them, then there will always be something more to learn about said friend. I'm really glad to have taken part of the event as I look forward to learning more and talking to my friends more often in the future. 

Your friend and many faithful forum members, Dynamo Pad. 

Hi Princess @Twilight Sparkle, I have a letter here that I've wrote for you about friendship.

Spoiler

I've worked with some awesome new friends and one in particular who was really cool and helpful was 2nd Amendment Brony, I've spoken to him maybe once or twice in the past but never really got to know him.

I found out that his favourite ponies are Rainbow Dash and Starlight Glimmer while I also found out that his favourite new episode is 'Uprooted' which contains his favourite new song which is 'The Place Where We Belong', he told me that the biggest friendship lesson he learned was that telling the truth is more important even if it hurts someone.

And finally, I learned that the pillar who connects to the most is Strength which is awesome.

I really hope that we can talk more from now on and hopefully become even closer friends because it's been a pleasure.

Thank you for allowing me to take part in this scavenger hunt, it was really fun and I hope it'll come back in the future.

Your one of many faithful forums members and followers, TheRockARooster.

Edited by TheRockARooster