Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship Day Scavenger Hunt

Twilight Sparkle

Here is what I have learned about friendship

Spoiler

Dear princess @Princess Celestia . This week I met some friends @TBD and @Quinch We learned to work together to solve problems and have fun. I learned these things about my new friends.

Who is your new friends' favorite pony?

TBD: Rainbow Dash and Luna

Quinch: Rarity

Who is your new friend’s favorite non mane six pony? 

TBD: Tempest Shadow

Quinch: Celestia

Friend’s favorite new episode

TBD: The beginning of the end”

Quinch: Frenemies

Friends favorite new song

TBD: “Lotta little things”

Quinch: “Sounds of Silence”

What is your friends biggest friendship less from the show?

TBD: Learn to forgive yourself and let go of the past.

Quinch: It doesn't matter if you think your friend - or anyone, really - feels a certain way for a stupid reason. It's important to them, and should be treated with the seriousness it deserves.

What pillar element does your friend connect with most?

TBD: Sorcery 

Quinch: Beauty

Heya @Twilight Sparkle! Here’s my friendship letter. 

Spoiler

Dear Princess Twilight...

This week I got to know this awesome pone named @TheTaZe a little bit better. 

He’s a really awesome friend. His favorite mane 6 pony is Twilight Sparkle...none other than you, of course! His favorite non-mane 6 pony is this cute Pegasus named Flitter. (I’m sure you may know her from Rainbow Dash’s wing power tornado crew a few years back. His favorite episode is “Twilight’s Kingdom” while his favorite song from the show is “Find The Music in You” 

He goes on to say the lessons he has learned about friendship from MLP have all come from your very own learned lessons, Twilight. The pillar he can relate to the most is Stygian. Overall, Taze is a cool pony and I’m so glad I got to know him better through your scavenger hunt Twily. 

Sincerely, Lucky Bolt 

• Brohoof 1

Here is my letter - take it as seriously as you feel like. :toldya:

Spoiler

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

Today I learned - or maybe confirmed, given the scavenger hunt with coworkers a couple of years ago - that it's easy for people who really like riddles to overestimate the riddle-solving abilities of people who don't. It kind of makes me wonder how much of a difficulty spike I'd inflict on someone if I gave them a task that seemed like a no-brainer to me.

Oh god, suddenly all those text adventure games make so much sense.

Anyway, where was I?

So, after pairing with @2nd Amendment Brony I also realized that while simple stuff like Caesarean cyphers is easily solved through the use of the Galactic Network, I could bear reminding how much I suck at anagrams, but also that other people might also do all of your work while you're distracted by housework. I'm not sure how to feel about that - after all, I wasn't slacking off intentionally, and yet here we are. I'll need to crunch that a bit more.

Not to mention that, while I don't really do the friends thing, you have successfully managed to get me to seek out a person to cooperate with and learn about in return for non-material rewards. CelestAI would be proud. Shame on you {maybe? It's kinda subjective}.

So, as so happens, in the process I've learned that @2nd Amendment Brony's favourite pony is Blue Speedy, their favourite non-mane-six pony is Lilac Iconoclast {so... what would happen is a non-mane6 was their favourite too?}, their favourite episode is the one where the ancient alien entity manipulates six children into resurrecting it and their favourite song is from that episode too. Their most important friendship lesson is about that the value of accurate information propagation outweighs short-term emotional trauma and finally, they connect the most with Captain Shovel from the Hovel.

I sincerely hope there's a badge in this,

Your impromptu research subject,

Quinch

Edited by Quinch

Alright, here is my letter!

Spoiler

Dear Princess Twilight,

I got to know a cute pegasus by the name of @Lucky Bolt. Her favorite mane six ponies are either Rainbow Dash or Applejack because she wasn't able to choose which she liked more. :P Her favorite non-mane six pony is Soarin and her favorite episode is Grannies Gone Wild. Her favorite MLP song is I'll fly (probably because it has Rainbow Dash in it :kirin:). Her favorite show lesson is to "not misjudge a bunch of grannies because they can be really cool sometimes". Last but not least her favorite pillar is the pillar of hope (aka

Somnambula :pout:).

Spoiler

Dear Princess Twilight
a few days ago today i got to make three new friends, who answer to the name @Twilight Luna, @ChB and @Dawn-Sunlight this could get tricky so i made you a list(i hear you really like those)

their favorite ponies are
Twilight Luna : Twilight Sparkle
ChB : Fluttershy
Dawn Sunlight : Sunset Shimmer
Their favorite non-mane-six ponies are

Twilight Luna : Luna
ChB : Derpy
Dawn Sunlight : Scootaloo (Smolder if non-ponies count)
Their favorite episodes are

Twilight Luna : Sparkle's seven (at first we thought it said friend's fav new episode rather than new friend's fav episode so a new one was chosen)
ChB : Friendship is Magic (the pilot)
Dawn Sunlight : A tie between Frenemies, Sound of Silence and Discordant Harmony
Their Favorite Songs are (we asumed it means pony songs for this one)
Twilight Luna : Smile Song, A Kirin Tale, Lullaby for a Princess(if fandom songs count), The magic inside, You're in my head like a catchy song, Rainbow (sure is hard picking just one song)
ChB : The smile song
Dawn Sunlight : Bad Seed
Their biggest lesson they learned from the show was

Twilight Luna : some friendships aren't going to last, and it may hurt but we need to learn to move on (from Amending fences)
ChB : When he feels down, he thinks of Pinkie Pie and how she taught us to smile more
Dawn Sunlight : to not be jealous when your friends have other friends aswel(a lesson learned from "make new friends but keep Discord")
The element or pillar they connect with the most are

Twilight Luna : The Element of Generosity
ChB : The Element of Loyalty
Dawn Sunlight : The Element of Loyalty

• Brohoof 1

Here's mine

Spoiler

Dear Princess Twilight,

You never guess what me and my new friends have in common.....we like ponies. 

That might've sound a bit creepy...

We've solve your case Twilight, and you didn't say anything about a friendship case..I thought it was a mystery case on a murder or some sorts.

Anyways I have known these three acquaintances *cough..friends nowbut never got a chance to really know them. @Flutterstep @Dynamo Pad and @2nd Amendment Brony. it's always good to keep a record of them don't cha think? Not to worry, it's not for a blackmail usage.

2nd Amendment Brony's information files 

Who is your new friend's favorite pony?

Rainbow Dash

Who is your new friend’s favorite non mane six pony? 

Starlight Glimmer

Friend’s favorite new episode

Uprooted

Friends favorite new song

The Place Where We Belong

What is your friends biggest friendship less from the show?

Telling the truth is more important, even if it hurt sometimes.

What pillar element does your friend connect with most?

Strength

Dynamo Pad's information's files

Who is your new friend's favorite pony?

Starlight Glimmer 

Dynamo's notes

Spoiler

My favorite pony overall is Starlight Glimmer. I remember back when I first saw her in season 5, I felt like she was a pretty interesting villain. I get that in the season 5 finale, that a vast majority didn't really like or see that her reasons for revenge and/or her town was justifiable. I was on the same side, as well. However, I remember stumbling upon a video that changed my perspective. I enjoyed her character during season 6 as I felt she was different from the main cast. She was nice, but still mischievous at times. She talked about some things that may have bothered her, or wasn't afraid to speak her mind when push comes to shove. 

It was during season 7 that made me realize that she was my favorite pony. I remember in the second episode, "All Bottled Up," that sent me on that path. As I watched the episode at Babscon, I felt as if I could relate and understand Starlight and how she felt in the entire episode. Seeing how I did and still do have trouble saying what's on my mind in fear of making others angry and/or hurting their feelings. A couple of months later after that episode, I had lost my dad due to lung cancer. Bronycon was the week after his passing, but I didn't want to go in fear of besmirching his memory and that it felt like the convention wasn't worth it. In his last request to me, my dad wanted me to take care of things while he was gone and to have the best time at the convention. I told him that I would do it, but I would also win a tournament in his honor. As the convention had arrived, I had gone into the vendor hall and noticed a Starlight dog tag necklace. I didn't know why, but it felt like the necklace was calling out to me. I bought said necklace and instantly put it on and made my way towards the Naruto tournament. Before I took my seat, I held the necklace close to my heart and said "Please guide me. Please show me the way." As I started playing, it felt like there were two presences were with me. One of them being my father, who was watching me from up above. The other and I know some would see this as strange, but the other was Starlight. It felt like she was sitting right next to me, cheering me on and guiding me to victory. I managed to win and won a pass to the following year, but the prize and glory didn't matter to me. All that mattered was that I was able to do something good in memory of my dad. Afterwards, it felt like Starlight was with me the entire time and I proclaimed that she was my favorite pony. I think it was because she had given me hope when there were times that I hit my lowest moment, or lost hope within myself.

Who is your new friend's favorite non-mane 6?

Octavia

Dynamo Pad's notes

Spoiler

My favorite non mane six pony would have to be Octavia. I just liked how cute she was and I especially loved how she was portrayed in the Slice of Life episode. Especially the moment where she and Vinyl were rocking out was both hysterical and just plain adorable.

Favorite new episode?

"Frenemies"

Dynamo pad's notes

Spoiler

3. My favorite new episode would have to be the episode, "Frenemies." I loved how we finally had gotten a villain episode after so many seasons. I could imagine one could argue that "The Mean Six" could count as a villain episode, but there was the whole mane six subplot. In this episode, it was solely focused on the villains, as well as a catchy song and team effort from the villain side. I enjoyed how they all played to each other's strengths, while still retaining who they are and not resulting in a reformation.

Favorite new song?

"The place where we belong"

Dynamo's notes

Spoiler

4. My favorite new song from the season would have to be "The Place Where We Belong." Not only was it catch, in my opinion, but I felt that it truly captured that this show and fandom will still be with us. Even if the show does eventually reaches the end. 

Biggest friendship lesson?

"Sometimes you have to do things, even though you might fail. I've always had the tendency of wanting to succeed in life and not lose or mess up."

Dynamo's notes

Spoiler

5. The biggest lesson I learned from the show was that "Sometimes you have to do things, even though you might fail. I've always had the tendency of wanting to succeed in life and not lose or mess up. There are times that I do fail or lose at something and I either change my approach, or I feel as if I want to give up entirely. I guess it's sort of a lack of self confidence when other games I've played I've never won against friends or rivals. Seeing the episode "Flutter Brutter" and how they implemented that lesson really helped me to see things differently. I learned that it's not about whether you win or lose, but it's either you win or you learn from those mistakes.

What pillars do they most represent? 

Beauty

Dynamo's notes

Spoiler

6. The pillar of element that I could connect to the most was Hope. Out of all of the pillars of Old Equestria, my favorite will always be Mistmane. However, I feel that Somnambula's element of Hope is something most fitting to me. Seeing how it also relates to Starlight Glimmer as how my favorite pony was able to give me hope even though I had lost hope numerous times. It's how I learned that even though times can be difficult. As long as you hold on to hope and never give up on yourself, then you'll always find that confidence and determination to keep moving forward in life.

Flutterstep's information files:

1. who is your new friend favorite pony? Fluttershy
  2. who is your new friends favorite non mane 6 pony? Vinyl Scratch
  3. favorite new episode? Hurricane Fluttershy
  4. favorite new song? Smile 
  5. what is your friend biggest friendship lesson from the show? There are some things you cannot change or prevent  and you have to deal with it.
  6. what pillars of element do your friend connected the most? Healing

Say since @Jedishy has been helping us with all this, why don't we get to know him more? @Jedishy care to share us about you with these questions?:nom:

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 2

Spoiler

Dear Princess Twilight,

This Friendship Game... wait... is it appropriately called a Friendship Game, since that's something Friendship games happen in... that... other place? Alright, starting over. This game was quite a challenge, and if I'm picturing it right, Jedishy was doing some of the hoofwork for this one. I must say the "meet Jedishy game" at Bronycon ended up being surprisingly much less complicated. Fortunately I met @KH7672, who is MUCH better at cryptology than I am. Perhaps this helps explain his favorite keeper among the Elements of Harmony, Pinkie Pie; a Pony that even you yourself struggled a great deal with trying to decipher (Pinkie sense, the ultimate puzzle). Or it could just be that she's a fun-loving dance-till-you-drop party Pony.

His favorite among the non-Mane 6 is Sweetie Belle, who also has a huge role in his favorite episode, "Crusaders of the Lost Mark." I'm pretty sure he also has an adorable plush of her. I should have asked by now if that picture was his.

His favorite song is "Friendship Bound." Aww, Trixie and Starlight. And his favorite friendship lessons have come from Starlight, the most important being probably her most important friendship lesson, that friendship is about quality, not quantity, and magic can't solve all of our problems.

His favorite Element or Pillar, you know, if were were just going with Pillars, this would have been my answer as well. Somnambula, Pillar of Hope. I really wished I could have found a Somnambula plush this weekend :(

I'll end this on a slightly unexpected note. How quickly a small group formed together to solve these riddles, and it reminded me of how quickly we come together when we need to, whether it be to complete a simple game, or to save Equestria. It's not the first time I've seen it happen and it's one of the things that has awed me about this fandom since I first arrived here.

Surely this won't be the last time you hear from me. I won't ever be leaving. Just promise me that you won't either, okay? Things are a bit more scary right now than usual. I worry for the future.

Your Loyal Student, "Snowday" BornAgainBrony

• Brohoof 1

Spoiler

Dear @Twilight Sparkle

Today, I made three new friends: @Lord Valtasar, @Twilight Luna, and  @Dawn-Sunlight.

I learned a lot about them through this Scavenger Hunt. Through Caesar's Cipher, I learned what their favorite ponies are.

Lord Valtasar's favorite mane six pony is Rarity, Twilight Luna's favorite is Twilight Sparkle, and Dawn Sunlight's favorite is Sunset Shimmer.

As for the non-mane-six characters, Lord Valtasar's, Twilight Luna's, and Dawn Sunlight's favorites are Trixie, Princess Luna, and Scootaloo (Smolder, if non-ponies count), respectively.

Through the Anagram puzzles, I learned about my new friends's favorite MLP episodes and songs.

Lord Valtasar's favorite episodes are "To Where and Back Again" and "Canterlot Wedding," and his favorite songs are "This Day Aria" and the "CMC Anthem"

Twilight Luna's favorite episode is "Sparkles Seven," and his favorite songs are The Smile Song, A Kirin Tale, Lullaby for a Princess, The Magic Inside, You're in my Head Like a Catchy Song, and Rainbow.

Dawn Sunlight's favorite episodes are Frenemies, Sounds of Silence, and Discordant Harmony, and their favorite song is "Bad Seed"

Through the final set of puzzles and Twilight Sparkle's Fan Club, I learned about my new friends's favorite Element, as well as their most impactful friendship lessons from the show.

Lord Valtasar is most connected with the Element of Kindness, and he learned through "Yakity Sax" that sometimes you have to accept that your friends like some things different from you. It's not necessarily a good idea to try to push your friend to quit something, even if you think you are trying to help them.

Twilight Luna is most connected with the Element of Generosity, and he learned through "Amending Fences" that sometimes we have to separate from our friends and move on in life.

Dawn Sunlight is most connected with the Element of Loyalty, and they learned through "Make Friends But Keep Discord" not to feel jealous when your best friend has other friends too.

We thank you, Twilight, for giving us this great opportunity to make new friends.

Love,

ChB

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Flutterstep said:

Is it too late to start this? Long work and no play makes making friends difficult - much more than it usually is. :adorkable:

You can work with me if you like.

• Brohoof 1

Spoiler

Dear @Twilight Sparkle, I’m not good at written letters as the digital age has taken over.

The user by the name of @TBD was very helpful and we shared some things about each other.

Their favourite ponies are Rainbow Dash, and Luna as well as Tempest Shadow. Their favourite episode is The Beginning of the End with their favourite song being Lotta Little Things. Their biggest friendship lesson is forgiving yourself and letting go of the past. Sorcery is a Pillar of Elements they connect with most.

I hope this information is as helpful as my friend. 

Much love and many cupcakes,

Flutterstep :fluttershy:

Edited by Flutterstep

Spoiler

Dear @Twilight Sparkle,

I made 3 new friends, @ChB, @Lord Valtasar, and @Twilight Luna during this scavenger hunt. 

I learned that Lord Valtasar's favorite pony is Rarity, Twilight Luna's favorite pony is Twilight Sparkle, and ChB's favorite pony is Fluttershy.

I also learned that Lord Valtasar, ChB, and Twilight Luna's favorite non-Main 6 ponies are Trixie, Derpy Hooves, and Princess Luna respectively.

Some more things I learned were that Lord Valtasar's favorite episodes are "To Where and Back Again" and "Canterlot Wedding, and their favorite songs are "This Day Aria" and the "CMC Anthem" .

Twilight Luna's favorite episode is Twilight's Seven, and their favorite songs are "The Smile Song", "A Kirin Tale", "Lullaby for a Princess", "The Magic Inside", "You're in my Head Like a Catchy Song", and "Rainbow".

ChB's favorite episode is "Friendship is Magic(The Pilot)" and their favorite song is "The Smile Song".

Some other things I also learned were that Lord Valtasar is most connected with the Element of Kindness, and they learned through "Yakity Sax" that sometimes you have to accept that your friends like some things different from you. It's not necessarily a good idea to try to push your friend to quit something, even if you think you are trying to help them.

Twilight Luna is most connected with the Element of Generosity, and they learned through "Amending Fences" that sometimes we have to separate from our friends and move on in life.

ChB is most connected with the Element of Loyalty, and they are inspired by Pinkie Pie to not be sad over small things and to smile more.

Thank you for helping us make new friends through this scavenger hunt and happy Friendship Day!

From,

Dawn Sunlight

• Brohoof 1

Spoiler

Dear HRH Princess @Twilight Sparkle, Element of Magic and Alicorn of Friendship,

As a result of your captivating codework and incentivised interaction injunction, I learnt all manner of things about the splendid user @Bas.

Perhaps most importantly, they consider you their favourite pony ('adorkable' is the term they used), although other than the Elements they like Maud best. They also have Castle Mane-ia as their favourite episode and enjoy 'The Midnight In Me' above all other songs in the show.

Their most appreciated friendship lesson that you and your friends have learnt is, and I quote: "Different people, different attitudes and strengths. Often, things are not as bad if you don't make a deal out of them." Lastly, the most relatable Element/Pillar for them is Rockhoof, due to his feelings of being left out from society.

Warmest regards,

Duality Wave-Particle

Spoiler

Dear @Twilight Sparkle

Following your example, I was a few new friends. They are @Lord Valtasar , @Dawn-Sunlight, and @ChB.

Spending time with them, I learned that Lord Valtasar's favorite mane six pony is Rarity, ChB's is Fluttershy, and Dawn Sunlight's is Sunset Shimmer. As for the non-mane six ponies, Lord Valtasar's favorite is Trixie, ChB's is Derpy, and Dawn Sunlight's is Scootaloo.

I also learned their favorite episodes and songs. Dawn Sunlight's favorite episodes are 'Frenemies', 'Sounds of Silence', and 'Discordant Harmony', and his favorite song is 'Bad Seed'.

Lord Valtasar's favorite episodes are 'Canterlot Wedding' and 'To Where and Back Again', and his favorite songs are 'This Day Aria' and the 'CMC Anthem'.

ChB's favorite episode is the Fim pilot episode and his favorite song is 'The Smile Song'.

I also learned about my friends' favorite element and the biggest lesson that they learned from the show.

Dawn Sunlight is most connected with the Element of Loyalty and learned from watching 'Make New Friends But Keep Discord' to not be jealous when your friends have other friends as well.

Lord Valtasar is most connected with the Element of Kindness and learned from watching 'Yakity Sax' that sometimes you have to accept that your friends like some things that you do not. You may not understand why but they like those things but don't try to get them to stop liking those things.

ChB is most connected with with Element of Loyalty and learned that when he feels down, that thinking of Pinkie Pie and how she taught us to smile more.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to get to know some new ponies. Through your example, I have made more friends. :)

Your friend,

Twilight Luna

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 2

Dear Princess Celestia, 

I want to thank you for all the friendship lessons I have learned during my time in Equestria. First let me share a bit about my love for your kingdom and its inhabitants. 

Who is your favorite pony?

Dashie is my favorite mane six pony. 

Who is your  favorite non mane six pony?

Derpy is my favorite nonmane six pony.  

Favorite Episode? 

Filly Vannilie is one of my favorite episodes 

Favorite Song?

This is a rough one but " Best Friends Until the End of Time " Is my favorite song from the mane six. 

What is your biggest friendship lesson from the show?

Its likely that friends can fight, be different from each other, and have all sorts of problems. But if you are there for each other in the end this is what matters most. 

What element or pillar do you most connect with ?

The Pillar of Hope and the Element of Loyalty are what I connect with most. 

This land of Equestria has taught me to seek laughter and generosity in dealing with others and grant loyalty and kindness to those in need. It has given me a community that even when I disagree with people cane be counted on to at least be trying to make the world a brighter place. A trait rare in this world. For that Equestria will always be a land I love. 

• Brohoof 3

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned