Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship Day Trivia.

Ganondorf8

Welcome to the Friendship Day Trivia.

How about that? We have come full circle as this is the second time the MLP Forums have celebrated Friendship Day in terms of having events dedicated to it. Last year, we didn't have a trivia event as the Event Coordinator team was still being assembled though there were some questions offered by Princess Twilight herself. This year however, we do have trivia, though this was already obvious as why else would you be reading this?

Anyway, I have ten questions here dedicated to Princess Twilight... as well as her human counterpart, Sci-Twi. Surprised? Don't be. I've made it my goal to include both Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls into these trivia events so that the latter doesn't get left out. Ahem... seven of the questions are FiM themed while the other three are EQG themed. Is there a bonus question to be had? Not this time, but then you need to answer all ten questions correctly to receive a badge.

Since this is starting much later than usual, you will still have four days to submit your answers, but the first day will start the day after this has been posted. In other words, it will run from August 8 to August 11 before being locked in the end. What's that? Who do I send my answers to? None other than Princess Twilight though she goes under @Twilight Sparkle for reasons known only to her. Again, it's @Twilight Sparkle.

Are you ready?

Good. If not, then it's too late as here we go.

1. Who did Twilight give 'Twilight Time' to originally?

2. Why did Twilight follow Pinkie Pie in secret for a day?

3. What did Twilight do to earn her crown?

4. Who are the names of Twilight's students?

5. How many bells did Twilight wear on her Starswirl the Bearded costume?

6. What is the one food that Twilight is afraid of?

7. What was Twilight afraid Rarity would do to her during their first meeting? 

8. When Twilight becomes a human in the Equestria Girls series, she has a particular quirk due to her originally being a pony. What is this quirk?

9. Sci-Twi became a pony during the events of Spring Breakdown. What is different about her compared to Princess Twilight?

10. Midnight Sparkle desired what in Friendship Games?

• Brohoof 2

• This topic was pinned and featured

Sounds pretty descent. since I’m pretty occupied with the Twilight’s little game, this is pretty easy.  I will get to it tonight.

In #3, which crown are we referring to and #4 sounds like it might be a trick depending on which students you're talking about. And #8 it felt like there were several quirks she does as a pony turned human, not just one

The rest I could answer just fine. But the 3 questions above, could I have a gentle hint?

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 2

17 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

In #3, which crown are we referring to and #4 sounds like it might be a trick depending on which students you're talking about. And #8 it felt like there were several quirks she does as a pony turned human, not just one

The rest I could answer just fine. But the 3 questions above, could I have a gentle hint?

The one that allowed her to ascend to princesshood. For question four, it's not a trick as the students in question have learned much from her and for multiple episodes/specials. As for question eight, there is one particular quirk that stood out the most. In fact, Starlight did something similar.

35 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

The one that allowed her to ascend to princesshood. For question four, it's not a trick as the students in question have learned much from her and for multiple episodes/specials. As for question eight, there is one particular quirk that stood out the most. In fact, Starlight did something similar.

Fair enough. If I do get some wrong will I get another attempt and be told that at least one was wrong?

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Fair enough. If I do get some wrong will I get another attempt and be told that at least one was wrong?

Yes, you will be allowed a second chance on questions.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, TheRockARooster said:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m gonna be doing this.

I...won't. It looks like I'm going to be missing another event. I can only drop by once a week or so, so I won't have time. But best of luck to everypony! I'll enjoy this event as a spectator rather than a participant. Have fun! :P

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

5. How many bells did Twilight wear on her Starswirl the Bearded costume?

After watching the episode in question again this answer is never explicitly stated, the closest we get is:

Spoiler

That she got the number of bells correct

Unless you want us to hand count them on the character model but even then we're never given a proper angle to see the whole cloak or hat. I couldn't find anywhere else this was addressed unless it was done so in a comic.

• Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

After watching the episode in question again this answer is never explicitly stated, the closest we get is:

Reveal hidden contents

That she got the number of bells correct

Unless you want us to hand count them on the character model but even then we're never given a proper angle to see the whole cloak or hat. I couldn't find anywhere else this was addressed unless it was done so in a comic.

I'm also a bit confused on that one. 

• Brohoof 1

For Question 5, do we have to actually catch the bells or is it another answer?  If we have to count the bells, can it be an estimate?

Spoiler

I got 10 bells on the rim of the hat, 1 bell on the top of the hat, and 7 bells on the other part of the costume, so about 18 bells in all.

Also, for Question 8, there are two quirks I could see, can we answer both of them as long as we name them?

Spoiler

Walking on her hands and feet instead of on two feet, and making her hands into fists all the time so they resemble and work like hooves.

Edited by Dawn-Sunlight

@Ganondorf8 Regarding the number of bells. I get a different count from others. I can count the number I see, but do we assume bells on the other side? It is just a guess as to gow many we can't see,  and my guess is different from others. And no number is mentioned in the episode.

17 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

3. What did Twilight do to earn her crown?

Which crown are we talking? She's got one she got alicornified with, one in the movie and the one she could put somepony's eye out with later on. Because I can only think of the answer for one of them.

Edited by Quinch

(edited)
6 hours ago, Dawn-Sunlight said:

For Question 5, do we have to actually catch the bells or is it another answer?  If we have to count the bells, can it be an estimate?

Reveal hidden contents

I got 10 bells on the rim of the hat, 1 bell on the top of the hat, and 7 bells on the other part of the costume, so about 18 bells in all.

Also, for Question 8, there are two quirks I could see, can we answer both of them as long as we name them?

Hide contents

Walking on her hands and feet instead of on two feet, and making her hands into fists all the time so they resemble and work like hooves.

For question eight...

Spoiler

The quirk in question is something Twilight does quite often even when she doesn't mean to.

2 hours ago, 2nd Amendment Brony said:

@Ganondorf8 Regarding the number of bells. I get a different count from others. I can count the number I see, but do we assume bells on the other side? It is just a guess as to gow many we can't see,  and my guess is different from others. And no number is mentioned in the episode.

Both sides count in this case--no pun intended.

29 minutes ago, Quinch said:

Which crown are we talking? She's got one she got alicornified with, one in the movie and the one she could put somepony's eye out with later on. Because I can only think of the answer for one of them.

Spoiler

The one where she ascended.

Edited by Ganondorf8
Fixed the post.
  • Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

Excuse me, I saw that there’s two badges which one is for the trivia?

You'll have to ask our resident badge maker, Lord Valtasar.

Hmmm... how strict do you intend on being? Some of those questions seem to require us to read your mind to get the answer you're expecting. Do you accept answers based on how logically we can argue them, or are they a checklist of right/wrong answers?

On 8/8/2019 at 1:24 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

This helps! Thanks.

9 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

@Ganondorf8

Can the amount of bells be an estimate?

I'll allow it but within two or three in either direction of the correct amount.

9 hours ago, Sunny Fox said:

This helps! Thanks.

I'm pretty flexible when it comes to what answers are acceptable.

• Brohoof 3