Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Closing the Book - Our Thank You to Pony (Uploaded)

Jeric

Here are a few of my favorite screenshots. I tried to not include more than one of an episode, otherwise I'd have posted at least 10 of Bright Mac and Pear Butter.

Spoiler

Awesome!!_S02E16.thumb.png.16e491d8d4988761828cd7e9706d2596.png

Spoiler

1134009388_Bright_Mac_sleeping_in_Pear_Butters_lap_S7E13.thumb.png.2e6a85280a4ee7ac492ece4180ca5908.png

Spoiler

Rainbow_and_grannies_ride_the_rollercoaster_S8E5.thumb.png.1d2eb924a4cbe6a589a716c1efeb99fc.png

Spoiler

Rainbow_Dash_crying_hysterically_S5E5.thumb.png.c1c7dd2cb763cd39048f8b633293eb9c.png

Spoiler

1736397076_Rainbow_Dashs_dream_made_real_S6E7.thumb.png.9832a77bd057341bd8b6e51181150ccb.png

Spoiler

Twilight_ready_to_battle_S4E26.thumb.png.9a35b258e7c402dde96b0e43888f2627.png

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Bas said:

I hope you still need some screenshots :P

Hide contents

vlcsnap-2018-01-16-20h28m22s212.thumb.png.0363c2bc75bbc36b54f10845dcf3320a.png

Can't remember for who the party aws for, though.

vlcsnap-2018-01-17-21h20m23s631.thumb.png.6669d5259fc039cc3fa78498ad8bfeca.png

PONY DRAGON! RAWRRRRR

vlcsnap-2018-01-17-21h20m48s800.thumb.png.c001852e4995e2a168ecbc142153aec1.png

You don't wanna know what we ponies do if we need to fight.

vlcsnap-2018-01-17-21h21m13s938.thumb.png.669c99441d1d80559e676a5e9615fb56.png

Rarity, that's some pretty harsh language.

vlcsnap-2018-01-17-21h21m24s518.thumb.png.d250da5632a09100601be38ed5153c31.png

Uh-Oh.

vlcsnap-2018-01-17-21h23m11s379.thumb.png.b61df332702a2664552214fe31b0b24d.png

Dragon hugs = ...dugs?

vlcsnap-2018-01-17-21h23m39s326.thumb.png.a70603d9751a5590e59d05c4d011d6b1.png

Cider memories.

vlcsnap-2018-01-18-17h01m10s883.thumb.png.fed447b229580399538aee416aa443d8.png

Gesundheit!?

vlcsnap-2018-01-18-17h02m04s830.thumb.png.5f144ad40d8129a5cb1f499b83b8ad57.png

@Rikifive after staying awake way too long but then suddenly getting a new idea for one of his game projects.

I just got started, I am afraid I would easily go to 50+ Screenshots if I continue :(

If I am still allowed to supply some more, tell me.

Yes this thing is over 15 minutes now

• Brohoof 2

On 10/5/2019 at 6:36 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

latest?cb=20120219232706

Here is my favorite Mane 6 screencap from "Smile Song". 

THIS moment 

As well as 

Spoiler

This from Perfect Pear 
Image result for Perfect Pear mlp

And this one 

Spoiler

Scootaloo being taken under Dashies wing 
Image result for Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash Season 3

Finally 

Spoiler

The moment Princess Luna broke down her reasons for creating the Tantabus 
It was such a raw and human moment from a pony that is often publicly aloof 
Image result for Luna in tears Do princess dream

• Brohoof 1

I’m rushing to get the first part of this done in time for tomorrow night .... cross your fingers. 

Letters to a Pony are still being recorded but I’m sticking one or two of them in anyway in the first video. Anyone that wants to toss in a last minute audio file saying thank you (literally it can just say “Thank You” now I’ll take it up until noon tomorrow eastern tomorrow because I gots to render what I have eventually. 

• Brohoof 2

A few months ago, I realized that this song summed up my feelings on Ponies. Today, after watch the final 3 episodes, it was the second song to play on the radio.

T.G. Sheppard's I Loved 'Em Every One

Edited by azbat

On 10/11/2019 at 9:50 PM, Say my name said:

I’m rushing to get the first part of this done in time for tomorrow night .... cross your fingers. 

Letters to a Pony are still being recorded but I’m sticking one or two of them in anyway in the first video. Anyone that wants to toss in a last minute audio file saying thank you (literally it can just say “Thank You” now I’ll take it up until noon tomorrow eastern tomorrow because I gots to render what I have eventually. 

Thank you so much for putting this together---and for keeping spoilers down; I still haven't seen the finale (iTunes doesn't deliver it until sundays ><), and I'm probably going to be happier seeing it unspoiled.

• Brohoof 2

https://youtu.be/qHE0mS9QsIE

So a lot of errors in here, and unfortunately I couldn’t add everyone’s complete files  .... but outside of one or two minor changes with the beginning this is what I’m going to send to Nicole. The Letters a Pony project is next and you can see part of how that will turn out in this video as a little teaser. 

• Brohoof 6

9 minutes ago, Say my name said:

https://youtu.be/qHE0mS9QsIE

So a lot of errors in here, and unfortunately I couldn’t add everyone’s complete files  .... but outside of one or two minor changes with the beginning this is what I’m going to send to Nicole. The Letters a Pony project is next and you can see part of how that will turn out in this video as a little teaser. 

That was cool, @Say my name.

You’re a legend. ^^

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Closing the Book - Our Thank You to Pony (Uploaded)

The thank you is amazingly heartwarming.  I hope the cast sees it and answers us!

EDIT:  oops...you put my "dear character" audio for Twilight in the middle of the "dear cast" one...oh, well:  it was still beautiful!  And after hearing what other people talked about, how the show saved lives and helped them through hard times in their lives...your video made me cry, even though the finale didn't!!

Edited by HereComesTom
added as I heard and saw more
  • Brohoof 3

I started watching ponies at the end of 2016, all I can say is that I am very happy that I decided to start.

I'm thankful for all of the work put in this beautiful show.

I'm thankful for all of the people who liked to share and discuss their thoughts on the show and episodes, I've enjoyed reading and writing my own opinions about FiM a whole lot on this site.

I'm extremely thankful for all the artists sharing their own perspective on the show and characters. What an amazingly creative fandom this is!

• Brohoof 3

Gosh. I wish I could've done some audio letters for Luna and Dash, but that would've been even harder than the recording I made.

This whole thing is some powerful stuff. @Say my name If you need to do a bit of splicing on my audio, so it doesn't run so long, go right ahead. I know there was a lot of dead air between words at times.

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

The thank you is amazingly heartwarming.  I hope the cast sees it and answers us!

EDIT:  oops...you put my "dear character" audio for Twilight in the middle of the "dear cast" one...oh, well:  it was still beautiful!  And after hearing what other people talked about, how the show saved lives and helped them through hard times in their lives...your video made me cry, even though the finale didn't!!

Originally it was going to be a video that contained both, but the late push for more submissions made it way way too long. As it stands it’s pretty long. I had started working on yours first and really liked the Twilight Letter so I figured I’d keep it in. 

All of them will be in the Letters videos. I’m hoping I get better at this editing thing as I go on because I actually started to enjoy playing around with it. 

• Brohoof 3

@Bas nah no cringe at all. You came across like a normal type person dude. I’m glad you submitted something. Sorry I had so many weird issues with your friend’s file but get him to submit something for a letter. 

And I was cringing at all the bad cuts and typos and such this morning. I had already rendered it and wanted to get it out to Nicole since she was online and she was actually expecting it today XD

@BornAgainBrony there was a moment that I felt overwhelmed with all the cutting I had to do in general because it got to a few weeks out and I felt there was no way I could have done this justice. I was actually in a pretty meh rut because I tend to push myself too much to do big community projects. Then I listened to your file and remembered why I am here. I’m been in many many fandoms over the years but this one was the first that actually made me want to get to know the people behind the words and avatars. This is why I push community projects, so we can all do something together and get to know each other. That heartfelt love letter to the show and the fandom was reinvigorating. 

The finale made me cry. Your entry made me bawl. I did edit out a lot of dead air. I am going to take a second pass at this and make a more polished version. Mostly because your story and others feel like .... they should be told more in depth. 

The show saved you, saved me mid-stream thanks to the friends I met, and saved many others. As long as people like you stick around here there will always be a reason for me to. 

Ah shit. Tears again. Anyway Nicole is emailing the link out to the crew (got to love mail lists). I’ll post her reaction but she said she was humbled. This was a blast when I got past the frustration. I see the appeal of your Pinkie messages from a creative standpoint. 

• Brohoof 3

Saw da vid, whoever edited it suuuukkkkkssss :orly:  @Say my name ya done great mate, thanks for putting this all together.

I tried to record something but Australian accent + bad mic +bad recording program + background sounds = the absolute worst audio imaginable soooooo had to pass but she be right.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Bas said:

What would the estimated deadline for submissions on letter be?

I certainly look and was nervous on that video. :please:

At least you didn’t ruin 30 takes because of one silly moment in the show :P

I swear whenever I’m in a bad mood I just need to say pudding. 

No deadline. Instead of one massive video it’s going to be a series now. I want to put a proper effort into it. 

12 minutes ago, Snow said:

Saw da vid, whoever edited it suuuukkkkkssss :orly:  @Say my name ya done great mate, thanks for putting this all together.

I tried to record something but Australian accent + bad mic +bad recording program + background sounds = the absolute worst audio imaginable soooooo had to pass but she be right.

Shush. Don’t you realize people swoon over that accent! You gotta get that out

18 minutes ago, Say my name said:

@BornAgainBrony there was a moment that I felt overwhelmed with all the cutting I had to do in general because it got to a few weeks out and I felt there was no way I could have done this justice. I was actually in a pretty meh rut because I tend to push myself too much to do big community projects. Then I listened to your file and remembered why I am here. I’m been in many many fandoms over the years but this one was the first that actually made me want to get to know the people behind the words and avatars. This is why I push community projects, so we can all do something together and get to know each other. That heartfelt love letter to the show and the fandom was reinvigorating. 

The finale made me cry. Your entry made me bawl. I did edit out a lot of dead air. I am going to take a second pass at this and make a more polished version. Mostly because your story and others feel like .... they should be told more in depth. 

The show saved you, saved me mid-stream thanks to the friends I met, and saved many others. As long as people like you stick around here there will always be a reason for me to. 

Ah shit. Tears again. Anyway Nicole is emailing the link out to the crew (got to love mail lists). I’ll post her reaction but she said she was humbled. This was a blast when I got past the frustration. I see the appeal of your Pinkie messages from a creative standpoint. 

Wow, thanks. I was going to try and do it from a radio personality standpoint but even though if it would have resulted in something more coherent and fluid, it just felt dishonest. This wasn't about saying goodbye to a show, this was about saying goodbye to friends I have loved to my very core. I couldn't try to sugarcoat that.

The Pinkie messages? You mean the "MX" pirate broadcast? I wasn't sure if that was meant for someone else or not, since it seemed strange that you thought of it during this. But... yeah, there's a lot of angst in all of that, heavily-inspired by meta events. When it became official that the show was ending, a lot of my feelings about it came out in those projects. "Applejack's Lament" was the big one though. AJ talking to Luna was originally going to last about one minute, and it was going to come at the end of the first video when I found out we were getting her in the World Cup. Then the announcement hit and it completely changed the mood and the content of it. Practically everything that happens in there is a reskin of what was going on in the fandom's reality at that moment. It was going to be one minute long. By the time I was done, it was 9 minutes, and my voice cast had also poured their souls into it; much of AJ's monologue was completely improv. And I totally get you on working on things like this, chasing tight deadlines and still feeling like it isn't good enough even after everyone else would say it's perfect. It was an emotional torture to finish and nearly a month of no sleep while working retail for 8 hours per day.

• Brohoof 3

@BornAgainBrony will probably send you a PM later but I’m really interested in doing more things like The World Cup and such. Your mention of interactive stories has me intrigued. 

Also, thank you for participating @WindShear I see you lurking down there!

• Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, Say my name said:

Also, thank you for participating @WindShear I see you lurking down there!

Aaa! You caught me!

I suppose I have spent the vast majority of my time on this site lurking, but I did want to participate in this, if only in a small way! :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

34 minutes ago, Say my name said:

@BornAgainBrony will probably send you a PM later but I’m really interested in doing more things like The World Cup and such. Your mention of interactive stories has me intrigued.

Go ahead. Or we can just go on voice. Speaking of which, I think another Poniverse Discord party is overdue.

49 minutes ago, Bas said:

@Snow

Honestly...look what I did capture. I was shivering as hell, wasn't able to find words 70% of the time and got my clear German accent. If you want to do this....GO FOR IT! YOU CAN DO IT! I BELIEVE YOU CAN EASILY SOUND BETTER THAN I DID! :yay:❤️

@BornAgainBrony = EC confirmed? :wacko:

That’s not how we grab staff ;) 

I’m more interested I doing things with the users here that aren’t really “staff projects”. During BronyCon a few of us were talking about how we really want to break this weird idea that users have no impact on the sites direction and that staff aren’t also users. 

This is going to sound silly to some, but my end goal is to creat a stronger community vibe in general. 

• Brohoof 1