Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Closing the Book - Our Thank You to Pony (Uploaded)

Jeric

30 minutes ago, Jeric said:

No because that is far outside our talents. Animating is hard. I would used the OC as a stand in to the person speaking at the time if they are unable or not comfortable with being in a video. 

Sounds good!

Just curious 

• Brohoof 1

Update for video and audio questions. You can respond to one or more of them and each question will almost like its own segment (documentary style). A lot of these will be generic questions. 

How did you discover Friendship is Magic?

What does being in the fandom mean to you? 

Have you made friends do to the show and community that came from it? 

What is your favorite memory of the show? 

What is your favorite memory of the fandom? 

If you could shake the hand of any of the creative team behind My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, who would it be?

Favorite character / Best Pony 

Favorite Episode 

Favorite Song

Favorite Lesson

Finally for those that record an audio or video reply, please end with a short statement of thanks. It can be general, to a part of the DHX team, or to a specific staff/crew. If a question doesn’t apply there isn’t a need to answer it. 

I’m also willing to add questions but I want it to be as under-complicated as possible. 

Tomorrow I’ll have the submission system finished. 

• Brohoof 3

20 hours ago, Jeric said:

Update for video and audio questions. You can respond to one or more of them and each question will almost like its own segment (documentary style). A lot of these will be generic questions. 

How did you discover Friendship is Magic?

What does being in the fandom mean to you? 

Have you made friends do to the show and community that came from it? 

What is your favorite memory of the show? 

What is your favorite memory of the fandom? 

If you could shake the hand of any of the creative team behind My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, who would it be?

Favorite character / Best Pony 

Favorite Episode 

Favorite Song

Favorite Lesson

Finally for those that record an audio or video reply, please end with a short statement of thanks. It can be general, to a part of the DHX team, or to a specific staff/crew. If a question doesn’t apply there isn’t a need to answer it. 

I’m also willing to add questions but I want it to be as under-complicated as possible. 

Tomorrow I’ll have the submission system finished. 

We can do this format plus the (Dear (character) format right? 

37 minutes ago, TBD said:

We can do this format plus the (Dear (character) format right? 

Yes. You can do both a personal audio / video thank you AND a text letter. If I get enough letter submissions I will convert it to a nice e-book format as a bonus.

2 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Yes. You can do both a personal audio / video thank you AND a text letter. If I get enough letter submissions I will convert it to a nice e-book format as a bonus.

okay awesome thanks! ohh ebook? sounds fun. 

• Brohoof 1

This is a great idea... I just don't have an OC. Is that weird to not have one after being in the fandom for almost 4 years? Lol I hope not. I guess I could just take a video of myself, though it would be a bit difficult to find a place to record it. I want give them thanks through my voice as well as writing the letter. I will just have to think of a good way to do this.

4 hours ago, Soren Peregrine said:

I just don't have an OC. Is that weird to not have one after being in the fandom for almost 4 years? Lol I hope not.

In all honesty, I don't think it is wierd. I have been in this fandom since 2013 and have yet to have an OC. I think OCs are not really something required to be part of a fandom, that would be dedication. OCs, in my opinion, are just optional, and for some people, a way they project themselves into the world the fandom is based on.

• Brohoof 1

I have an idea in mind, but I don't know if my computer can handle it while I make a recording

My computer is now in a semi working state, but still slows down somewhat. If it becomes unusable I'll just submit a text answer

:(

I may have made a mistake; in response to this, I actually wrote (and was about to record) thank-yous and "what I learned from you's" to the characters, not to the cast and crew.

Is that still acceptable?

EDIT:  I just did what I should've done in the first place and re-read Jeric's first post in this thread, and yes, they are acceptable.  Sorry for asking a stupid question.

Edited by HereComesTom
answered my own (stupid) question

21 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

All that's missing is a button to actually upload a letter or "thank you" media

You don’t see this?

6DF16AA0-8C62-40A1-87AA-2FF3AD24AD59.png

3 minutes ago, Jeric said:

You don’t see this?

6DF16AA0-8C62-40A1-87AA-2FF3AD24AD59.png

Nope, from my side, there's currently no such button. 

Screenshot_20190815-173514.thumb.png.555be2afad58ece815ba9f573097f002.png

See?

Edited by Will Guide

3 minutes ago, ChB said:

Same problem for me.

5 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Nope, from my side, there's currently no such button. 

Screenshot_20190815-173514.thumb.png.555be2afad58ece815ba9f573097f002.png

See?

Should be available now

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Will Guide said:

@Jeric

There we go and I just made my letter to Thorax. If there's anything more it needs, let me know.

By the way, can I send letters to multiple Characters or just one?

Just one for now. 

• Brohoof 2

@Jeric I created seven youtube videos to Spike and the mane six using my own voice; is that incompatible with how these submissions are supposed to work?

If it is, I can copy/paste the scripts of my videos.

EDIT:  I'm submitting what I have so far, and if they're not formatted in a usable way, I can paste the scripts in the textual submission.  But the problem at the moment is that I forgot to click the "permission to use" switch when I was submitting my thank-you youtube video aimed at Rarity, and I don't see an "edit submission" button I can use to go back and flip that switch.

Edited by HereComesTom

Since this show is ending in October in all likelihood I’d start working on getting that finished as soon as possible. 

On 8/20/2019 at 6:04 PM, HereComesTom said:

@Jeric I created seven youtube videos to Spike and the mane six using my own voice; is that incompatible with how these submissions are supposed to work?

If it is, I can copy/paste the scripts of my videos.

EDIT:  I'm submitting what I have so far, and if they're not formatted in a usable way, I can paste the scripts in the textual submission.  But the problem at the moment is that I forgot to click the "permission to use" switch when I was submitting my thank-you youtube video aimed at Rarity, and I don't see an "edit submission" button I can use to go back and flip that switch.

I can do that for you 

• Brohoof 1

Considering what the staff just dealt with (death threats over leaked plot points) I think this project is now an even better idea. 

• Brohoof 4