• My Little Pony: Legends of Magic Annual 2018
  • My Little Pony: Ponyville Mysteries
  • My Little Pony: Twilight's Kingdom
  • My Little Pony: The Cutie Map
  • My Little Pony: The Cutie Re-Mark
  • My Little Pony: The Crystalling
  • My Little Pony: To Where and Back Again
  • My Little Pony: IDW 20/20

fhrje1x.pngfhrje1x.pngfhrje1x.png SUPPORT CHARITY! fhrje1x.pngfhrje1x.pngfhrje1x.png

By purchasing anything in this bundle you also support Hasbro's charity:grin:

c45e67598ff0ca035abee218c88bd4060b81ce06

Spoiler

The Hasbro Children’s Fund is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower childhood by bringing “the sparkle of Hope, the joy of Play and the power of Service” into the lives of the children across the globe. Working with strategic charitable partners, the grants made through the Hasbro Children’s Fund support programs that deliver; stability for children in crisis; pediatric physical and mental health services; hunger security; educational programs; quality out of school time programming and programs that empower youth through service.  To learn more about these programs and how they are making a difference for children worldwide, please visit www.hasbro.org.

Interested? Be sure to check it out by clicking the link below! :mlp_yeehaa:

HUMBLE COMICS BUNDLE: MY LITTLE PONY 2019 BY IDW

If you'll be having any questions regarding how Humble works, feel free to ask below.
I can also add, that I'm purchasing things on Humble myself. I've purchased few bundles in the past and I have monthly subscription active for about a year now, so I can tell, that this site is legit. ;)

- related links -
Humble ● Hasbro - Children's FundIDW

Edited by Rikifive
Updated
  • Brohoof 7

By digital, you mean I can read them on my phone like how Amazon Kindle works?

Edited by Rikifive
removed quote containing the whole OP

Been really considering it, but i’m a sickler for physical comics.....and there are some really bad comics i’d rather not put money towards :huh:

58 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

By digital, you mean I can read them on my phone like how Amazon Kindle works?

By digital I meant, that it's not about physical (printed) copies. Maybe that's an obvious fact, but since physical copies exist, I wanted to point it out, that these are digital (files; not physically printed & shipped comics).

These comics are DRM-FREE, which means, that you basically get to download these to your device(s).
You don't have to log in anywhere to be able to read these, these aren't protected by anti-piracy systems. You don't get keys, don't have to activate anything anywhere, you just download the files directly to your device and view these as you wish, these are 'yours', so to speak. You can move the files across your devices (PC, tablets, phones, etc.) and read the comics on your preferred ones.
Of course, these will be always available to download on your Humble account, in the purchases.

The comics are available in CBZ, PDF and ePub formats
CBZ and ePub formats are designed for comics and books, though personally I never had to operate with these. PDF on the other hoof, is a common format and modern phones support these by default. Amazon Kindle supports PDF and EPUB formats from what I see. I believe you shouldn't have any troubles viewing these either way.

By an occasion, @Will Guide, there's no need to quote the whole OP like this. It unnecessarily takes some space, making the thread appear more messy. Please consider quoting only relevant parts of the post or using a @mention. I have removed that quote from your post if you don't mind. Thank you very much. :please:

57 minutes ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

Been really considering it, but i’m a sickler for physical comics.....and there are some really bad comics i’d rather not put money towards :huh:

Yeah, I also would prefer physical comics to be honest. The original price for each comic ranges from around $2-9 for digital copies (even more (~$15-20) for printed ones), so even if you'd find only ~3-5 comics to be interesting in the whole $15 pack (that contains everything what's available), it still would be worth that. :grin:

@Rikifive

I paid for and download a bunch of the $15 set books but I can't seem to find a "Send the eBooks to my Kindle or Kindle reader" like the download instructions suggest I do.

For now, I can open them from the download folder of my files and view them in Kindle, but the downloaded books are not appearing in the Downloaded section of my Kindle library

Either way, I paid for the entire set of books being offered and I'm going to read them for better or worse

Edited by Will Guide

@Will Guide Personally I have never used, nor owned Kindle, so if these devices feature some kind of automation regarding sending the files / downloading (as in, some sort of Kindle cloud storage) and/or have a convenient library (fancy navigation through files / books / comics you have), then I'm unaware of it, or at least have never worked with it, so I'm unable to help, sorry.

I'm not exactly sure how these devices function. Perhaps there is a some sort of preferred location to store the comics/books and a preferred format of these. I can only guess. Maybe try asking Uncle Google how to make these visible in the library.

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

@Rikifive

I paid for and download a bunch of the $15 set books but I can't seem to find a "Send the eBooks to my Kindle or Kindle reader" like the download instructions suggest I do.

I bought the set and it didn't seem to come with any MOBI formatted files - just pdf, epub and cbz.

the free windows app "calibre" can be used to convert epub to mobi and deploy to a kindle (and in fact I do that for a bunch of things) but mostly I use coolreader on my android tablet for epub, cdisplay on windows to show cbz, and various apps for pdf.

In this case, I have downloaded the CBZ files, as that's pretty much the convention for comic scans.

• The title was changed to Humble Comics Bundle: My Little Pony 2019 by IDW [ 6 days remaining ]

@Bas These (in addition to two specific-to-comics 'fancier' formats) come in common PDF formats, so if you couldn't open these in any way, then Humble is not the one to blame. Though you mentioned Humble in particular, what other formats worked for you then?

PSP is an ancient device and as far as I know, it doesn't support any of this by default. I did find something about a special software, that could allow you to do so (open PDF), however.

As for Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime... I don't know, it came in late 2014 and it has Android 4; now 5, so it should be able to open at least PDF's.

I gave it a try on my ancient smartphone, LG E400, which came in early 2012 and has Android 2.3.6. It can normally open PDF files. However, due to small screen and stuff, it doesn't handle it very well... it all works slow and is hard to see in general... though it would be possible to get through it with some patience, if someone would be really determined. Either way, there's no problem with opening these and that's what I wanted to check.

On my phone with Android 8 it's all perfect. I tried only PDF though, I never had to deal with other formats yet.

So yeah, I think it's just your devices, there's nothing special from Humble's side.

Do any other comics in the same format open properly? I mean, you're mentioning, that there are issues with these from Humble in particular, so I assume, that other comics (downloaded from/bought somewhere else) in either CBZ, PDF or ePub format work for you?

On the other hoof, you also mentioned, that it all works on PC, so it's not like Humble is giving broken files. There has to be some explanation. :huh:

• The title was changed to Humble Comics Bundle: My Little Pony 2019 by IDW [ Last Chance! ]
  • The topic was locked