Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are Twilight's friends so eager to be in charge of Equestria?

heavens-champion

1 minute ago, heavens-champion said:

Title says it all, really. Twilight is so nervous about it, but her friends are all pumped for it. Why? Why aren't they scared?

The Remane 5 probably feel like they can handle things due to the numerous ponies they've helped &

also the multiple times they've saved Equestria over the years.

• Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The Remane 5 probably feel like they can handle things due to the numerous ponies they've helped &

That, and the fact that they would not carry the full responsibility of being a leader in the way that Twilight will have, since they would have the "Right-Hand Mare" roles at best.

In other words, Twilight would have the most responsibility, so she has more reason to feel worried.

• Brohoof 3

12 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

2 minutes ago, ChB said:

That, and the fact that they would not carry the full responsibility of being a leader in the way that Twilight will have, since they would have the "Right-Hand Mare" roles at best.

In other words, Twilight would have the most responsibility, so she has more reason to feel worried.

^ This for both. All six (including Spike and Starlight later) have been front in line saving Equestria since they first met and have worked together more often than not when facing a powerful evil. They're the perfect successors to the thrones.

• Brohoof 4

I wish I knew. One day someone had to ask Joanna Lewis and Kristine Songco what they were thinking when they wrote the episodes (S09E01 & S09E02). They are good writers. It should make sense they know why the Mane 6 minus Twilight need to be so interested in running Equestria.

If I were Applejack, I would be more investigated in running the family farm, doing what her cutie mark says, etc.
If I were Rainbow Dash, I wouldn't quit my life long dream of becoming a Wonderbolt.

So that's why I am so confused. :scoots:

(There will probably be a good explanation to this in the future when all the episodes have been aired, but if not, the writers hopefully will tell us the truth)

• Brohoof 2

I don't know about you but I think they want to continue helping Twilight like they always were. :P

War ... War never changes.

Edited by R.D.Dash

(edited)
12 hours ago, R.D.Dash said:

I don't know about you but I think they want to continue helping Twilight like they always were. :P

War ... War never changes.

Heaven forbid should they start a nuclear war!

Edited by heavens-champion

• 8 months later...
On 8/10/2019 at 11:17 AM, Sepul-Coloratura said:

They made it the way it is just to follow the oblgatory protocol where Twilight freaks out at the beginning of the episode and the rest of mane six calms her down.

I meant an in-universe example.

12 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

I meant an in-universe example.

I could say that their friendship is so strong, that they feel like they can do anything and fearleas when together and they believe in each other so much. But that would be somewhat dishonest for me to say because I don't think so. I think it's weird too.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

• 1 year later...
On 2020-04-22 at 2:35 PM, Sepul-Coloratura said:

I could say that their friendship is so strong, that they feel like they can do anything and fearleas when together and they believe in each other so much. But that would be somewhat dishonest for me to say because I don't think so. I think it's weird too.

Why would it be weird and dishonest?