Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Agree or Disagree: Better to be feared or to be loved?

heavens-champion

Making yourself love will get you people that you can trust and that they trust in you, but if you are feared you can move more people, I once heard that those that cause fear get more devout followers that those that profess love 

It depends on the situation and what exactly I'm trying to accomplish, as well as whether or not my plans are long-term or short-term. If I wouldn't have to worry about the long term, I'd definitely go with fear. In that situation the greater freedom of action and not being immediately held accountable for your actions because people fear you would be a great asset. At the same time, PR wouldn't be much of an issue since you're pretty much openly evil at that point.

Long term, though, I think being loved would ultimately be better. It would take a lot of time to build up people's trust, but managing to inspire true loyalty in people would go a long way to securing your power base. At the same time, being well-liked would make it harder for your opposition to raise up dissent against you.