Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Harmony Eclipsed (COMPLETED 12/20/21)

iSmartMan

1 minute ago, iSmartMan said:

@nightshroud96 That, and there are only so many party members I can have without them becoming redundant. 

How is Spike being included would make him a redundant party member though?

Honestly the whole "Spike has to stay behind to watch something" is quite a problem in the show. Especially since there is nothing wrong with literally locking the library up for the day instead of making Spike stay behind to watch it and have him miss out on stuff.  No body is going to break in or cause ruckus there.  

@nightshroud96 Because there are only so many different party member gameplay archetypes I can add before they start becoming repetitive. I've got 8 options already, and if you would like to design a ninth set of stats and skills for Spike that aren't too similar to any of the others, I'd love to have the extra help. 

5 minutes ago, iSmartMan said:

@nightshroud96 Because there are only so many different party member gameplay archetypes I can add before they start becoming repetitive. I've got 8 options already, and if you would like to design a ninth set of stats and skills for Spike that aren't too similar to any of the others, I'd love to have the extra help. 

I am not that good at thinking up stuff but its really is possible for Spike to be included without looking repetitive.
For starters, he's a dragon.  Different from the ponies in the party there.
Like breathing fire(maybe bending a bit and let him use elemental stuff from his breath, due to it being magic from what I hear).
He has claws, pretty sure he can do stuff other ponies can't do with that.
Iirc dragon scales are stated to be durable, so he might be able to take hits(and referencing how he.. sadly gets used for slapstick comedy or "spikeabuse" a bunch)
Being immune to lava could translate to fire resistance here or even elemental resistance.
Being pretty smaller than the other ponies might make him quite quicker and a bit harder to hit(aside from Rainbow Dash I mean)
Maybe implementing his greed growth thing(but more controlled) or referencing that big dragon form he took in Guardians of Harmony comic there.
Maybe his message-sending might be used for something in battle too. Or combined with some-sort of scrolls that due something upon Spike using his magic-fire on it.

Just listing some stuff Spike has as a dragon that is different from what the ponies have, it could help in making him not so repetitive.
Haven't understood the stats thing yet to think up on what specifically it would be.

@nightshroud96 Sorry for being snappy, it's just that I started this project with lofty plans to have a dozen different optional party members, and I eventually had to accept that I needed to cut out all but essentials to have any hope of finishing this project. That was 7 years ago. Like I said, if you're volunteering to design everything for Spike's implementation in the game, you're welcome to help, but otherwise, I just don't have time to add another party member option to the game. It's a question of time and resources, and has nothing to do with Spike's character. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2020 at 10:19 PM, iSmartMan said:

@nightshroud96 Sorry for being snappy, it's just that I started this project with lofty plans to have a dozen different optional party members, and I eventually had to accept that I needed to cut out all but essentials to have any hope of finishing this project. That was 7 years ago. Like I said, if you're volunteering to design everything for Spike's implementation in the game, you're welcome to help, but otherwise, I just don't have time to add another party member option to the game. It's a question of time and resources, and has nothing to do with Spike's character. 

I can't really do game design for anything though. Sadly I don't know a thing about coding there.
So  I guess Spike is just majorly screwed then..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

IT'S FINALLY HERE! I have just updated the OP of this thread with the FULL version of the game! Please enjoy, and if you have any questions or feedback, please post it here or in the Discord so I can see it.

• The title was changed to My Little Pony: Harmony Eclipsed (COMPLETED 12/20/21)
  • This topic was pinned and featured
  • The topic was unfeatured