Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

-deleted topic-

Coffee

Pegasister, with about maybe 10% furry. I don't have a fur persona, but I think some of the artwork is beautiful!

The below picture is quite tasteful. If a photograph of a human, no one would bat a eye at me posting it!

Spoiler

images.jpg

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I’m a brony over furry.   Though I am a furry too.  I’ve just noticed my interest in furry stuff has waned over the last year or so but I’ll never lose complete interest. 

• 9 months later...
On 2019-08-12 at 5:22 PM, Usager said:

Nothing, i hate labels :mlp_icwudt:

I definitely agree with this, I just don't, and never really have seen why some are so adamant on painting themselves into a box? I just thinks it leads to aggravation/conflict due to varied definitions and skewed/incorrect interpretations of said labels. Especially by people who aren't informed or part of that group.

I just like what I like, and some things may align with some labels.:mlp_smile: I'm a fan of MLP but won't adopt "Brony" because I think it sounds obnoxious and don't subscribe to the stereotypes and having to explain what it actually is vs those stereotypes when talking to someone. I'm not looking for extra work/aggravation from dealing with incorrect assumptions. :scoots:

For me, it's more about animation in regards to both "Furry" and "Brony". Being able to "bring to life" and share something that only exists in your head using technology.

I was a 90's kid and grew up watching MANY cartoons with anthropomorphized animal characters. I just find them as a more amusing and interesting subject to animate and be animated. I love when such characters emote in ways that animals do combined with normal human expressions, such as ears down, or slinking away. Stuff like that.

I'd say that overall I definitely fall more under Brony more than Furry.

My first time ever hearing about Furries was from the CSI episode.:mlp_blink: I think I was in 9th or 10th grade in High School when it aired and was just like WTF?!?!?:mlp_confused:

I've never been one for costumes or mascots either. When I was little I would always try to see through the eye of the easter bunny costume to see who was inside.:ButtercupLaugh:

As for fursuits- I can appreciate the craftsmanship involved with them, but I don't like the "dead stare" thing that's common with them. It's just uncanny/off-putting to me. I personally have no interest in that aspect of the fandom. I don't have any problem with people who do either though.

I went to a Brony group meetup to see the movie and we all went out to eat afterwords. I sat across from a couple and the guy was a furry and asked if I was. We talked about it and I learned a lot about it. I had the wrong idea initially about furries and had a lot in common actually. I don't have a fursona nor any interest in making one. I mainly just like animation and some furry artwork. I also tend to favor quadruped animals like the ponies too.

As for the Brony aspect, I would say that I'm more of a fan of the show.

The BIGGEST things that made me come back after seeing the first two episodes and watch more of the show after a couple weeks was seeing some of the fan stuff and realizing that the Mane 6 were OLDER in there late teens through mid 20's. I thought that would be fun and interesting, and it was!:squee:

I love the character designs and the setting. I was particularly impressed with how well the show was done in Flash- especially because I had done some animating using it. The voice acting is great, and the show is genuinely entertaining and not brain melting and stupid. I really like the behind the scenes stuff and how the staff and others involved were very open on social media. If I was working in animation, being in a project like MLP is something I would have loved. Great character design, Not brain melting, and a fairly broad and large audience. I will say that MLP is one of my all time favorite shows. I do have some figures,key chains, etc. Much more than other shows. Of the fandom itself, my favorite things are the fan art and fan animations.

I watch the show for entertainment but see it for what it is. I am sad that it was stuck in a "TV Y" fish bowl, and think more could have been done with it if it wasn't. I do think all involved did a great job with what they had to work with though. I never got worked up over things that seemed to really blow up in the fandom. I was just more like Starlight here.:laugh:

glimpop.gif.9ac111d70f01655141bb57bd2986c927.gif

If it did get really stupid or crappy I just wouldn't have watched anymore and moved on... (Cough... Pony Life... Cough):scoots:

I am sadly getting a sinking feeling that G5 is going to be about tweens and teens in the school scene. :worry: I'll give it a chance but I'm not getting good vibes seeing the stuff that's out there so far. At 33 now, that just doesn't sound interesting to me at all. I'm not going to watch just "because ponies, yay."^_^

If it is too childish or just plain sucks, I'll still be around here, but more for G4 related stuff. There were a number of specifics that G4 checked off for me that so far seem to be absent from G5.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I'm 100% a Brony.

On 2019-08-14 at 6:15 PM, Splashee said:

Is there a link between Bronies and Furries? I have never gotten that connection. Is there a part of MLP that is considered furry?

I consider the part that draws anthro ponies furries.

• The title was changed to -deleted topic-