Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The MONSTER HUNTER EXPERIENCE, and why YOU should be playing RIGHT NOW!

Iron Will

1163152.png

HELLO, FRIENDS, AND A HEARTY GREETING TO MLP FORUMS!

For those of you who do NOT know me, I am Iron Will, the greatest seminar host, fitness trainer, motivational speaker, body builder, airship pilot, vacation cruise coordinator and substitute teacher that Equestria HAS EVER KNOWN!

Today I am here to tell you - no - SHOW YOU the single greatest video game EVER DEVISED! I am also here to provide a sanctuary for those already familiar with said game, giving them a place to discuss it and connect with other players!

What such game is this, you may ask? Why, it is a game so metal, so thrilling, so unbelievably ADDICTING that even the likes of Iron Will could not put down his controller. This game is Monster Hunter: World, and it is the latest incarnation of the Monster Hunter series. Commit it to memory, little ponies, for it holds the power to CHANGE YOUR LIVES!

The_Weapons_of_Monster_Hunter_World_Thumbnail-1280x640.jpg

A bold hunter comes face to face with a sinister Rathalos in its nest. A grave mistake!

Monster Hunter is a series of RPG games developed by CAPCOM, who many may recognize from games such as Mega Man, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry and more. Monster Hunter found massive success in Japan, and has been around since the days of the PlayStation 2. However, it wasn't until the series' latest installment - Monster Hunter: World - that Capcom found global success with the game, winning them numerous awards and spotlights!

The premise of Monster Hunter is quite simple. Taking on the mantel of a fearless hunter, you hunt ferocious, deadly beasts, and craft armor, weapons and items from their parts. These parts aide you in discovering and hunting even rarer, more powerful monsters! You can take on these challenges solo OR join a party of up to four hunters, and hunt beasts with your friends!

a9b7ba591a0a2cdd1474693a0dc15e60.jpg

An overconfident hunter flees for his life from the mighty jaws of an Anjanath! Someone should have brought along their friends!

MONSTER_HUNTER_WORLD_PINS_WEAPON_ICONS_0014_600x600.png

With fourteen weapon classes to choose from, Monster Hunter is a journey of creativity as well as courage!

But that's not all, friends! Monster Hunter is no one trick pony. Should you decide to hunt solo, you'll have a companion of your own helping you every step of the way. What better companion to have than a loyal feline!

Palicoes are bipedal cats with high levels of intelligence, who have been living, and hunting with hunters since the dawn of time! Your palico will heal you, distract your target, provide buffs and more! You can even customize their outfits and weapons, just as you can your own.

monster-hunter-world-palico-skill-0512.jpg

"The palicoes are simply adorable. I need six!" ~ Princess Luna

"She hasn't put the game down in six weeks." ~ Princess Celestia

31589dd6d66e58e5350c4f226decdc38.jpg

With breathtaking worlds to explore, small wildlife to collect and items to discover, the world of Monster Hunter has many secrets to unearth!

37t76y.jpg.8f0d5dc38187cc47e287f6bd4b3a2a2f.jpg

Monster Hunter: World is receiving AN EXPANSION! In celebration of the game's massive success, Capcom is releasing Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, this upcoming September! Iceborne has enough new game content to be considered a sequel in its own right, with twice the roster of monsters found in the base game, new maps, skills, a brand new story, hunter bases and more!

This news is SO BIG, Iceborne slammed onto the cover of Game Informer for the month of August!

316.jpg

With Iceborne just around the corner, NOW is the time, friends! NOW is the time for you to embrace the world of hunting, and ascend to the VERY TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN!

Monster Hunter: World is found on PC, PS4 AND Xbox One, so get your copy today, folks!

Iron Will is not endorsed by Capcom in any way, and is simply doing a public service by bringing a satisfying game experience to the ponies of Equestria.

Iron Will is also mainly looking for others to hunt with.

Iron_Will_%22if_you_are_here_for_the_premiere%22_S7E22.png

And there you have it, ponies of MLP Forums! I, Iron Will have given you the tools YOU need to become a lean, mean, monster slaying machine!

Please use this thread as your means of discussing all things MONSTER HUNTER!

Give your thoughts and impressions!

Ask Iron Will questions regarding Monster Hunter!

Seek out friends to connect and play with!

Iron Will is SO confident that you'll love Monster Hunter, that if you do NOT love Monster Hunter, YOU. ARE. LYING.

Now if you excuse Iron Will, he has some light grocery shopping to do.

Iron_Will_leaves_S02E19.png

37t76y.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I love Monster Hunter. I've been playing it for quite a while now. Though many of us that have been playing since 3U/FU or even longer can at times be a little elitist, I'd say the community as a whole is still pretty good. And World is still a fine game despite being quite different than the older style of games.

Good luck, hunters!

Iceborne can't come to PC soon enough :(

Happy hunting to all of the console players that get to experience it first!

• Brohoof 1

I play on PS4, and World was my first exposure to the series. I quickly found it has everything I want out of a game.

• Monsters & mythos/lore
  • Upgradeable armor and weapons
  • Open world exploring
  • Adorable cats

Cannot believe it took me this long to discover the series. I'm Hunter Rank 312 across 700 invested hours so far, and those numbers will only increase come Iceborne.

1 hour ago, Sunset Rose said:

I love Monster Hunter. I've been playing it for quite a while now. Though many of us that have been playing since 3U/FU or even longer can at times be a little elitist, I'd say the community as a whole is still pretty good. And World is still a fine game despite being quite different than the older style of games.

Good luck, hunters!

Definitely noticed the rampant elitism in the fandom, at least in certain areas. I found World's official Discord server to be full of them, whilst the subreddit is a lot more casual veterans and newer players, so it differs where you look.

What system do you play on?

37 minutes ago, LadyMercury said:

PC

Am cry.

So from what you guys have said, there’s no x-platform. Is there a difference between the platforms, aside from performance? Like does PC get content patches before X-bone and PS4? And is it viable to play on a PS4 controller? Hearing @~C. Discord~ talk about it at BronyCon has my finger itching to buy a copy.

Im playing generations on switch :mlp_icwudt:

Haven't played much because splatoon tho :yeahno:

My pc cant handle world, if brachy gets there would be cool

I use gunlances mostly, so much fun

Edited by Usager

1 hour ago, Troblems said:

So from what you guys have said, there’s no x-platform. Is there a difference between the platforms, aside from performance? Like does PC get content patches before X-bone and PS4? And is it viable to play on a PS4 controller? Hearing @~C. Discord~ talk about it at BronyCon has my finger itching to buy a copy.

In the case of this game, console takes update priority. PC version is always 3-4 months behind on whatever PS4 Xbone get. Same for Iceborne, which console gets in September, but PC won't be seeing till January. Trade off, I suppose is that PC has modding to play with if you're into that.

Asides from updates, there's no x platform, no. I play on PS4 and it's completely viable. If you're going to get into it, save yourself some money and pre-order Iceborne, instead of buying the base game out currently. Buying Iceborne gets you base game and the expansion.

Should try, you'll enjoy it. :3

59 minutes ago, Usager said:

Im playing generations on switch :mlp_icwudt:

Haven't played much because splatoon tho :yeahno:

My pc cant handle world, if brachy gets there would be cool

I use gunlances mostly, so much fun

Insect Glaive is my baby, I play a lot of Hammer, Bow and Longsword too, tho. Gunlance is getting some new mechanics in Iceborne that should be making it better, so I might start using it more. :dash:

Generations Ultimate will absolutely be a future purchase of mine, because I have Switch, too. But with Iceborne coming out, that's not gonna be for a while. :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

So. Whoever took it upon themselves to create this will now have to create all the other games as well. I fully expect that, seeing my interest in MHW is basically near zero.

Imma be staring intensly at Warframe from now on.

I grew up loving the first two Monster Hunter games and investing a lot of hours into them... and then I kinda forgot about it all after my PS2 finally died when I was in high school. Perhaps this is a sign that I should get back into the franchise. :o

Thank you @Iron Will for reminding me! :D

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Passion said:

Blah blah, I don't know what I'm missing out on but I don't care because I'm Passionfruit. 

It's okay, we still love you. :twi:

1 hour ago, PoisonClaw said:

I actually just got back into MHW after a long hiatus in preparation of the upcoming Iceborne expansion. My weapons of choice are the Light Bowgun and Insect Glaive.

What system? If anyone scrolling through this thread plays on PS4 lemme know, always looking for more squad peeps for Iceborne.

16 hours ago, ~C. Discord~ said:

Definitely noticed the rampant elitism in the fandom, at least in certain areas. I found World's official Discord server to be full of them, whilst the subreddit is a lot more casual veterans and newer players, so it differs where you look.

What system do you play on?

Everyone who has played for more than a couple of titles tend to aspire for speedrunner status or something, but I still play how I want only minorly influenced by community meta. The sad thing is newcomers will then see some of the older games in such a negative light because of the way those elitists act, which is a shame because some of Monster Hunters best titles are in the past.

I play World on PC. I am excited for Iceborne but still have a couple of things left to do in MHGU (just four more small crowns left to go!) and a lot left to do in MH3U so I don't mind the wait. My husband has a copy on his PS4 but being PC master race is one elitism I will not apologize for. Especially to him. ^_^

Edited by Sunset Rose
  • Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

Everyone who has played for more than a couple of titles tend to aspire for speedrunner status or something, but I still play how I want only minorly influenced by community meta. The sad thing is newcomers will then see some of the older games in such a negative light because of the way those elitists act, which is a shame because some of Monster Hunters best titles are in the past.

I play World on PC. I am excited for Iceborne but still have a couple of things left to do in MHGU (just four more small crowns left to go!) and a lot left to do in MH3U so I don't mind the wait. My husband has a copy on his PS4 but being PC master race is one elitism I will not apologize for. Especially to him. ^_^

Everyone and thier grandma playing on PC lol, I can't find anyone I know to hunt with.

I'll get GU for Switch after Iceborne probably.

18 hours ago, ~C. Discord~ said:

It's okay, we still love you. :twi:

What system? If anyone scrolling through this thread plays on PS4 lemme know, always looking for more squad peeps for Iceborne.

I play on PS4, but I don't have PS+, so I can't use most of the online features.

22 hours ago, PoisonClaw said:

I play on PS4, but I don't have PS+, so I can't use most of the online features.

Damn, there was a sale going on giving a year of + for $40 instead of $60, that's why I jumped on it. If you ever get + lemme know. 

• 3 months later...

I stick to the light bowgun. Keeps me away from the scary monster and not get hurt as easily (and I can hit the target better). I probably never would have run across Monster Hunter: World if it hadn't been on the X-Box game pass and I seeing my sister trying it out. She never got into it but I did. I really wish I could play the older games, but I've heard they're more difficult. And I don't the consoles to play them on. (Discovered a PS2 in the shed, but don't have Monster Hunter 1.) I don't think I'm that good of a player since I'm too lonely to ever hunt alone. And I feel like I'm not doing as much as my team.

Currently, I'm trying to get the last of the rare pets I need to put in my room.

2 hours ago, Holiday Troblems said:

@~C. Discord~ I may be embarrassingly late, but I bought the original game on the PS4. Not the expansion, because I figured I’d have some content to catch up on first. 

If you enjoy the base game, definitely splurge for the expansion. It's literally a sequel disguised as an add-on. I have not seen another company that takes care of their fans as well as Capcom does. So worth the money.

Also expect a PM because we're totally hunting together, now. :p I'd be happy to help you with hunts along the story. Endgame gets redundant so helping friends brings infinite replayability for me while I'm we're in-between Iceborne updates.

2 hours ago, SkyPie said:

I stick to the light bowgun. Keeps me away from the scary monster and not get hurt as easily (and I can hit the target better). I probably never would have run across Monster Hunter: World if it hadn't been on the X-Box game pass and I seeing my sister trying it out. She never got into it but I did. I really wish I could play the older games, but I've heard they're more difficult. And I don't the consoles to play them on. (Discovered a PS2 in the shed, but don't have Monster Hunter 1.) I don't think I'm that good of a player since I'm too lonely to ever hunt alone. And I feel like I'm not doing as much as my team.

Currently, I'm trying to get the last of the rare pets I need to put in my room.

Your confidence will build! I'm on PS4 unfortunately so I can't play with you. I actually only hunted solo for a good long while, partly because I was anxious to play with strangers and partly because I wanted to be good at the game before I started playing with others.

I'm all melee lol, I can't get into the bowguns at all. I've been a Hammer main for a couple months, now.

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, ~C. Discord~ said:

Your confidence will build!

I'm currently caught up on the game and still haven't hunted alone since the first two large monsters and that one time I took on "No Time for Naps". Oh, and the Witcher quest since it forced me to.

• 4 weeks later...

E7ABD296-7406-488F-A3B3-26A784968CCD.jpeg

@~C. Discord~ The boys dragging my  ass through Iceborne.

4B0DD4C5-4EAE-492E-9ACE-0EEE70E06F0F.jpeg

Me looking at all the pretty monsters, hoping Namille will step on me. 

For real though, I just got through the tutorial of Iceborne, also known as ‘story mode’, after being ever so kindly carried. While I had played MH before, it was on the 3DS, always solo, and didn’t look like this. I’m pretty hooked. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I got into mhw first and absolutely loved it. Even though the grapple hook kinda ruined iceborne (imo) I loved the game as a whole. Found out GenU was on the switch, it was hard to get into but I think I like it the most. I've nearly completed every quest, I'm stuck on the EX grind that's really hard to solo. Feels bad missing a short frame window and DYING from it. Maybe one day I'll get help or good... 

Also astalos is coolest monster.