Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Metal Slug Crossover Sprites

Newman1651

I like the Rarity sewing one! It is slightly creepy as well. :mlp_yeehaa:

I used to think that the Metal Slug games were the best looking sprite/pixel art based games out there once. Not any more though. It is still a cool concept.

EDIT: Oh I just recognized Sunset's room being invaded, haha!

Edited by Splashee

Just now, Splashee said:

I like the Rarity sewing one! It is slightly creepy as well. :mlp_yeehaa:

I used to think that the Metal Slug games were the best looking sprite/pixel art based games out there once. Not any more though. It is still a cool concept.

EDIT: Oh I just recognized Sunset's room being invaded, haha!

this was for a fanic idea. partially inspired by "Small soldiers" in the way the characters are presented. I felt it would make more sense for them to be small to reflect the cartoony style and tiny nature of their sprites as well that is how big they would be if they jumped off the screen of an arcade cabinet

one thing cool is how concept art for the vehicles very technical despite having a cartoony aesthetic

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Newman1651 said:

this was for a fanic idea. partially inspired by "Small soldiers" in the way the characters are presented. I felt it would make more sense for them to be small to reflect the cartoony style and tiny nature of their sprites as well that is how big they would be if they jumped off the screen of an arcade cabinet

one thing cool is how concept art for the vehicles very technical despite having a cartoony aesthetic

Yea absolutely!

I am a game programmer, so I usually think how the sprites (soldiers) would move around in the scene, how they find places to climb or walk. The vehicles are just very technical. I think it is the only concept I have ever seen where vehicles and cartoony aesthetic works together (If I were to design something like that, I would go fully technical and almost no cartoon, because it shouldn't work, it does, but it shouldn't :scoots:)

7 hours ago, Splashee said:

Yea absolutely!

I am a game programmer, so I usually think how the sprites (soldiers) would move around in the scene, how they find places to climb or walk. The vehicles are just very technical. I think it is the only concept I have ever seen where vehicles and cartoony aesthetic works together (If I were to design something like that, I would go fully technical and almost no cartoon, because it shouldn't work, it does, but it shouldn't :scoots:)

though i wonder how any of the girls will react to seeing tiny pixel soldiers and military vehicles all over town?

• Brohoof 1

If I were the creator of Equestria Girls, I would have them play the Metal Slug games in the arcade. Also Sunset's place seems to be big enough to fit at last one arcade cabinet :P

• Brohoof 1

On 8/13/2019 at 2:45 PM, Splashee said:

If I were the creator of Equestria Girls, I would have them play the Metal Slug games in the arcade. Also Sunset's place seems to be big enough to fit at last one arcade cabinet :P

Or just play the Metal slug anthology

oh, another pic:

2118529.png

If you have seen all Equestria Girls, you know what Sunset's power is (I am not going to spoil it for anyone who reads this), and it makes this pic funny!

7 hours ago, Splashee said:

If you have seen all Equestria Girls, you know what Sunset's power is (I am not going to spoil it for anyone who reads this), and it makes this pic funny!

on a different note, imagine how big some of the boss vehicles be at the scale given. Especially since some of them oly partially appear on screen and not the whole thing? Usually the concept art shows almost the whole thing:

some examples being Aeshi Nero:

latest?cb=20170712180440

Only the bottom half of Rugname appears in Metal Slug 2/X:

latest?cb=20170723123932

Only the bottom half of Brave Guerrier appears in Metal slug 4:

latest?cb=20170611205905

Stone Turtle from Metal Slug 5 was supposed to be part of the Mammoth Tower:

latest?cb=20160205172620

And imagine the girls out on the beach and then this ship appears, covered in seaweed. They at first think it's fluttershy covered in seaweed until a minigun pokes out of the covering:

latest?cb=20170507012622