Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Holiday Unwrapped

PinkiePie97

A Polish listings site is listing a holiday special titled Holiday Unwrapped for a September 22 premiere on a Polish channel called Teletoon+ (no relation to the Canadian Teletoon). I know it was reported before that Boulder Media wasn't working on new Equestria Girls material, but all that was said was that they "currently" working on new EG material, so it's possible this was already finished by the time that was reported.

https://programtv.naziemna.info/program/audycja/My+Little+Pony:+Equestria+Girls+Holiday+Unwrapped

Edited by PinkiePie97
  • Brohoof 5

I was pleasantly surprised to hear of this announcement when I was browsing Equestria Daily today.  I was a bit concerned about the future of EQG after the announcement that Sunset's Backstage Pass was the last special the DXH crew worked on.  However if this turns out to be real, I would be happy to see at least one more 44 minute special come out of the franchise.

I also just had a thought about this.  What if this isn't being produced by DHX or Boulder Media and is instead produced by another company.  If that is the case EQG might be able to last a little bit longer.  But that is just wishful thinking on my part, and I should just be happy to see that there is still at least one bit of substantial EQG content to look forward to.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 4

54 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE! I've been wanting to see an Equestria Girls Hearth's Warming special for what feels like *forever*! :raritysillyhat:

If that happens, I wonder if it’ll be about Sunny not having anyone to celebrate Christmas and end up with “we are your family cliche” :huh:. Whatever, Sunny’s family needs to be addressed, she’s the only main character left without seen family, we even got Scootie’s

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

It's best to take this with a grain of salt until it gets either confirmed or denied.

I honestly don’t see any reason to doubt the legitimacy of this. The Polish listing looks legitimate, and also, there’s an Equestria Girls DVD available for pre-order on the U.K. Amazon called Spring, Sunsets, Holiday.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Little-Pony-Equestria-Sunsets/dp/B07W6C92FN

No description is provided, but it doesn’t seem that difficult to determine what’s on it. Spring is probably referring to Spring Breakdown, Sunsets is probably referring to Sunset’s Backstage Pass, and Holiday is probably referring to this.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I honestly don’t see any reason to doubt the legitimacy of this. The Polish listing looks legitimate, and also, there’s an Equestria Girls DVD available for pre-order on the U.K. Amazon called Spring, Sunsets, Holiday.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Little-Pony-Equestria-Sunsets/dp/B07W6C92FN

No description is provided, but it doesn’t seem that difficult to determine what’s on it. Spring is probably referring to Spring Breakdown, Sunsets is probably referring to Sunset’s Backstage Pass, and Holiday is probably referring to this.

If I recall, Poland has been responsible for many early releases of the last few seasons. That supports the legitimacy in my opinion, but I’d still prefer to wait until official word, as we got conflicting informat:huh:ion 

Someone asked Ishi about this and he was pretty quick to dodge the question, so I'd keep paying attention to this

If it happened I'd imaging it's Fluttershy's turn, she's the only one who has yet to have her own special

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

Someone asked Ishi about this and he was pretty quick to dodge the question, so I'd keep paying attention to this

Wasn’t Sunset’s Backstage Pass DHX’s last Equestria Girls special? I don’t think Ishi would know anything about this.

3 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Wasn’t Sunset’s Backstage Pass DHX’s last Equestria Girls special? I don’t think Ishi would know anything about this.

Fair enough, iirc, no one ever said they knew if the series was cancelled or not, just that it's over for DHX. Chances are it'll be made by Boulder if it's true

• Brohoof 2

On 8/14/2019 at 11:01 PM, Kiryu-Chan said:

If it happened I'd imaging it's Fluttershy's turn, she's the only one who has yet to have her own special

Did anyone ask him if the remaining shorts will be uploaded onto Youtube? Yes, I'm aware this has nothing to do with the supposed holiday special, but still.

As for the holiday special, all I can say is that if it is real, then it's possible that only Europe is going to get it.

(edited)
1 hour ago, heavens-champion said:

Did anyone ask him if the remaining shorts will be uploaded onto Youtube? Yes, I'm aware this has nothing to do with the supposed holiday special, but still.

As for the holiday special, all I can say is that if it is real, then it's possible that only Europe is going to get it.

I don’t think he knows anything about Hasbro’s releases before we do.

Also, I don’t see why only Europe would get this.

Edited by PinkiePie97

• 2 weeks later...

HOLY SUGAR HONEY ICE TEA, HOLY SUGAR HONEY ICE TEA. I DON’T KNOW WHERE, BUT... 

Spoiler

THIS FUCKING SPECIAL IS LEGIT, DERPIBOORU HAS BEEN INVADED WITH SCREENSHOTS OF IT :lostit:

Spoiler

MORE FLASH “HE TOOK MY WAIFU” SENTRY LOVE :kirin:

• Brohoof 2

Well, I was half right. It’s legit, but it’s actually done by DHX and not Boulder Media. It’s apparently shorts edited together and Hasbro doesn’t tell the crew about their release plans in advance, so when Nick Confalone said Sunset’s Backstage Pass was the last Equestria Girls special, he probably didn’t know Hasbro was going to release these shorts as a special.

Edited by PinkiePie97
  • Brohoof 4

21 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Well, I was half right. It’s legit, but it’s actually done by DHX and not Boulder Media. It’s apparently shorts edited together and Hasbro doesn’t tell the crew about their release plans in advance, so when Nick Confalone said Sunset’s Backstage Pass was the last Equestria Girls special, he probably didn’t know Hasbro was going to release these shorts as a special.

Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed.  I was hoping we could get one last substantial EQG story, but I guess we're just getting shorts instead.  I like the shorts, don't get me wrong, but still.

Edited by cmarston1

1 hour ago, cmarston1 said:

Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed.  I was hoping we could get one last substantial EQG story, but I guess we're just getting shorts instead.  I like the shorts, don't get me wrong, but still.

Apparently they're seven-minute shorts, i.e. what the digital series should have done from the start.

• Brohoof 4

24 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

Apparently they're seven-minute shorts, i.e. what the digital series should have done from the start.

Oh.  That sounds much more promising.  I wonder if they are all going to be part one whole story or if they are all going to be different one off stories.  Either way it's nice to know that we are getting things that are more substantial than 2 minute shorts.

• 4 weeks later...

So I decided to watch one of the shorts and....

Spoiler

...what the fuck just happened?

Spoiler

- In one of the shorts, RD has to work with Zephyr to find a good gift for FS

- They’re actually a funny duo

- Zephyr isn’t a loser and can actually hold a job

- He’s actually helpful and being a good friend 

- The ending actually made me wish she hugged Zephyr 

- The short in general actually made me like Zephyr

Again, what the fuck just happened?

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Bas said:

I noticed the commercial said adventures, like multiple on that. Maybe this is more than a single special? Or weird wording?

The special is actually shorts edited together.

• Brohoof 2