Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Holiday Unwrapped

PinkiePie97

3 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

The special is actually shorts edited together.

So that's how they're going to go about it? I'm okay with this as either way, it means one last portion of Equestria Girls' helpings to wrap up generation four.

• Brohoof 1

A shame we never get an Equestria Girls Graduation Special. It would've been a rehash of "The Last Problem," with the other girls bustling over tasks to prep them for Graduation, while Sunset stresses out over Graduating and having to leave the Human World. I mean, she'd be surprised to see Twilight ruling over Equestria.

6 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Man, I rather resent not having a proper send off to EG, specially knowing there’s a cancelled specia:sunny:

You think there's a possibility for Nick to hand off his unproduced idea to IDW, so they can cover that in one of their future issues?

31 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

You think there's a possibility for Nick to hand off his unproduced idea to IDW, so they can cover that in one of their future issues?

Possible, but unless otherwise stated, I will consider this as the final official pastel humans content :sunny:

10 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Man, I rather resent not having a proper send off to EG, specially knowing there’s a cancelled specia:sunny:

Makes you wonder what could have been doesn't it? I'm also upset that EQG was never given a chance to end on the right note in that sense.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Makes you wonder what could have been doesn't it? I'm also upset that EQG was never given a chance to end on the right note in that sense.

Girls graduating, Sunny’s quest for self identity, anything meaningful. Doesn’t have to be Last Problem levels or have an epic battle:sunny:

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

Girls graduating, Sunny’s quest for self identity, anything meaningful. Doesn’t have to be Last Problem levels or have an epic battle:sunny:

I'd have loved seeing all of that.

6 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

4 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I'd have loved seeing all of that.

I've written a fan finale that covers the cracked statue, Sunset becoming homesick, and the girls graduating.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/447926/equestria-grads

I know it's not quite the same, and I am really hoping we get SOME kind of official conclusion (surely Nick can hand over his unproduced idea to IDW if he wanted to, right?) but I wrote it with the intent to soften the blow to myself and anyone else who felt EqG got screwed out of a true finale.

3 hours ago, Toon4Thought said:

I've written a fan finale that covers the cracked statue, Sunset becoming homesick, and the girls graduating.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/447926/equestria-grads

I know it's not quite the same, and I am really hoping we get SOME kind of official conclusion (surely Nick can hand over his unproduced idea to IDW if he wanted to, right?) but I wrote it with the intent to soften the blow to myself and anyone else who felt EqG got screwed out of a true finale.

Since you went to all the trouble of bringing this to my attention, I think I'm going to see what you've written.

On 10/13/2019 at 10:08 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Confirmed, this is the EG finale :sunny:

Are we sure it is? Maybe there's another surprise special just waiting for us to discover it...

Just now, Varrack said:

Are we sure it is? Maybe there's another surprise special just waiting for us to discover it...

Like I’ve mentioned before: unless officially stated otherwise, I’ll take this as the pastel humans finale. There was indeed going to be another special as vectors seen from the 2017 leak, presumably adapted from Twilight Sparkle’s Science Fair Sparks book, but with tweets and the holiday commercial stating this is the finale, it’s safe to assume EG is no more :sunny: (assuming IDW doesn’t doesn’t have something to say :huh:)

On 10/13/2019 at 3:08 PM, PinkiePie97 said:

The special is actually shorts edited together.

Actually, it's gonna be the fifth and final hour-length special as far as I know it, and it'll officially mark the end of Equestria Girls.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:42 PM, FirePuppy said:

Actually, it's gonna be the fifth and final hour-length special as far as I know it, and it'll officially mark the end of Equestria Girls.

Saw the special, but some comments claimed EG will continue. I asked where they got that from, but no response

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Saw the special, but some comments claimed EG will continue. I asked where they got that from, but no response

I hope they are right, because a random holiday special isn't really what I would want to be the EQG finale, even if I do enjoy it, which I most likely will.

• Brohoof 2

59 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

I hope they are right, because a random holiday special isn't really what I would want to be the EQG finale, even if I do enjoy it, which I most likely will.

It’s nothing special, and definitely not series finale material. Damn, I’d wish for anything that closes up my pastel humans :sunny:

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

It’s nothing special, and definitely not series finale material. Damn, I’d wish for anything that closes up my pastel humans :sunny:

Have you checked out my story linked a few posts above? It's pretty much made for people like you who want to see some kind of wrap up for EqG, even though this obviously isn't quite the same.

But yes, the fact Sunset Shimmer doesn't have some kind of character conclusion is almost insulting for someone like her. I really hope IDW does something with her...

• Brohoof 1

It definetely does not concludes things , which sucks, but i founded a pretty good special. I would've liked more if it had an background history behind like the other specials, not just shorts put up together, but meh

Also 

Spoiler

The ending where the characters say their names to the camera and smile for a picture, i think it was the way of the creators of saying goodbye to eqg in general. Damn, im gonna miss my bae sunset :( 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, now that I've seen this, I can now feel fully confident in saying that this compilation is what the digital series should have freaking been.

Most of the stories are very in-line with what you'd likely see in the 2-minute digital series shorts, but the fact these are 7 minutes each allows for SO MUCH MORE substance it's not even funny. The extra attention put into character motivations, mileage per setting, and overall scope allows the audience to become much more invested in what is happening, despite the actual situations being on the same scope. Because of this, most of the segments work very well IMO.

My favorites were definitely the souffle/snowball fight and school break-in ones. Even the weaker ones have great stuff in them though, enough for me to want to revisit them at some point.

This kind of makes the direction the digital series took more frustrating to me. Because now I have actual proof as to how good and entertaining it could've been, how it could've been full of fun and sometimes emotional adventures with characters a lot of us are very familiar with but in a different and more relatable setting. But no, Hasbro had to take the cheap route and basically force it so that most of the material is just nothingness.

I suppose it's better late than never, but it really is a testament to just how screwed EqG really was as a series, especially after 2017. Sure, there was still great stuff after that point (this being among them), but it could never achieve its full potential like they proved they could. I'm always going to stand by that, and I pray to Celestia that someone at IDW, Boulder Media, or what have you will give this the conclusion it deserves.

Until then, I wrote a fanfic that's basically my idea of a finale as close to canon as possible. I encourage anyone to read it if they really want to see a proper ending, even if it's not even close to the same as an official one: https://www.fimfiction.net/...

And with that, I close out with this statement: thank you Nick Confalone, Ishi Rudell, Katrina Hadley, and the others for making EqG as great as you could, despite Hasbro's meddling and everything.