Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Biggest concern about G5

ggg-2

With G5 coming the year after next, what are your biggest concerns? I'm concerned that, depending on who's adapting this gen, it'll end up resembling G3 more than G4 quality wise. We all remember the horrors of Newborn Cuties. :sealed:

I'm a little concerned they're going to stick with the Mane Six and the rest of the FIM cast, but in a new universe, rather than just creating a new cast of characters. Here's my thing, if G5 was gonna be a follow-up to G4 set in the same universe, I'd be happy to follow up with any of the major characters from this show, especially the Mane Six, since they're straight up some of my favorite characters of all time. But, if they go the full on reboot route and create a new world but stick with the same characters, it's gonna affect the way I view the new show, since I'll be sitting there the whole time thinking things like "Yeah, this Twi might be cool and all...but she's not MY Twilight." Maybe that's not fair, but it's rather consistent with how I tend to view reboots of shows or things I like in general, I get heavily attached to characters and thus can't ever get the same degree of love for their reboot versions.

I'm pretty indifferent to the concept of G5 in general. I'm not really worried about it or excited about it, far as I'm concerned it's a different show from the one I love and there's no real reason to worry or get excited yet, for me the best way to get my attention would be to just make a totally different show from FIM in a lot of ways and let it stand on it's own four hooves.

• Brohoof 1

Believe it or not, as goofy as this sounds, my biggest concern is that it will actually be good.  As much as I've enjoyed this ride, part of me wants a break from having to keep up on everything and worrying about whether things will be good or not.  I'm the type that has a weird relationship with this show.  I love it, but I worry about whether episodes will be good or not, I get bent out of shape when they suck, I review everything.  I have an unhealthy attachment to it, for sure.  I'm whacked.  It would be nice to be able to just enjoy all of my favorite episodes and not have to pay attention to the new gen.  I know, I know--I'm insane.  If G5 is good, then that's a good thing!  We want it to be good!  But I just know that if it's good, I'll get sucked in and have to review every second, buy it all on disc, collect all the music, buy all the merch, collect all the fanart, watch and read all the fan content, make my own content, etc.  When I joined this fandom, it was like a deal with devil, and I didn't know what I was in for.  I love it, but it would be kinda nice if the new gen sucked so I could be freed from my eternal servitude.  Of course, a sane person would just budget their time and resources and not get sucked in any more than they want to, but what does being sane have to do with me?

• 2 weeks later...

Usually my biggest concern of a cartoon now a days is the possibility the staff injects their politics or cultural beliefs into the show to cater to a group. Neighsay in Season 8 was the biggest offender being a one sided magnet for the fans ire for challenging Twilight Sparkle instead of being an actual debate over a bad history vs easily trusting them as allies.

Edited by Singe

My biggest concern is that it will turn out to be actually good, but people will be too attached to FiM to give it a fair shot, and as a result it won't do very well.

Edited by cmarston1

With FIM going 9 seasons there could be some complaint G5 rehashing ideas from FIM. Though it would be fine if it was a do over of like bad ideas with different outcomes.

• Brohoof 1

My biggest concern would is that the show might suck. Second biggest concern is that the show may become politicized (while I may like a political show, I usually hate when a sci-fi or fantasy show is full of real-world politics, or, in other words, propaganda).

On 8/15/2019 at 7:41 PM, BastementSparkle said:

"Yeah, this Twi might be cool and all...but she's not MY Twilight."

I'm good with that - if G5 has Twilight in it, I'll start watching it kinda-happy already, it will take less to win me over than with completely new characters. It will be like an alternate universe, just like a lot of fanfics I have read. Unless of course the new Twilight is completely different and just looks similar.

Also, just think of the cross-over fanfics that will be written where both Twilights meet. Some of them a bound to be good.

Though I guess I'll have to buy figures of the new Twilight too.

14 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

My biggest concern about G5 is that Hasbro will turn it into Teen Titans Go. 

Same.

Most Bronies: "Don't let it become another Simpsons!"

Me: "Don't replace it with a glorified middle finger!"

Edited by Anti-Villain

What could possibly go wrong?

2 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

If by that you mean G5 would be extremely popular and fans of G4 would complain that they should make G4 season 10 instead , then I will fully support the new show.

PS. I am sorry if this comment sounds ridiculous, but the whole argument between TT and TTG makes me roll my eyes.

Edited by R.D.Dash
PS added

On 8/30/2019 at 2:50 PM, Twilight Luna said:

If that's the case, there is a chance that either Tara Strong or Ingrid Nilson would voice the "Raven" of the group. :ticking::mlp_nom:

My biggest concern would be if the writers decided against giving time/development to both the main characters & the background characters.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

On 8/30/2019 at 6:14 PM, R.D.Dash said:

If by that you mean G5 would be extremely popular and fans of G4 would complain that they should make G4 season 10 instead , then I will fully support the new show.

PS. I am sorry if this comment sounds ridiculous, but the whole argument between TT and TTG makes me roll my eyes.

Teen Titans Go isn’t for me but I’m not going to attack people who like it. The original series wasn’t perfect but I really liked it. TTG just reminds of what the Simpsons and Family Guy turned out to be, mindless humor and no character depth. Every character is just ‘Flanderized’ to one or two character traits. But again, this is just my opinion and I appreciate that you enjoy the show. :)

• Brohoof 1

On 8/30/2019 at 5:14 PM, R.D.Dash said:

I think they mean turn beloved characters into hollow shells of their former selves who only exist to abuse each other.

• 6 months later...

My biggest concern is the fandom. Usually when something new comes, there will be a division in the fans of old and new. For everyone that has been part of G1 and G3 knows this.

The first and main problem is how new fan tends to build a wall around their new found love for the show. And refuse to acknowledge the previous generations. Sometimes rewriting history, by making large popular documentaries on sites like Youtube.

My concern is not for G5, but for G4. Everything that made G4 good can easily be twisted by the new kids growing up with G5.

• 3 months later...