Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Magic flowed into the human world instead of leaking into it?

Newman1651

What would happen to the human world if instead of Equestrian artifacts and magic "leaking" into the world, It flowed into the world in huge and sudden torrents? Or just straight up merged with equestria?

Wherein flora and fauna from Equestria invade the human world uncontrollably, Artifacts are scattered everywhere, Equestria's essence is everywhere and EVERY human is given the magic powers of their equestrian counterparts.

How would human civilization and society in EqG react and adapt to the sudden change? Would they adapt to the changes well or would everything just collapse into pure anarchy?

I dont even know if such an event would even be classified as an "apocalypse" at all.

In another topic similar to this I said Equestria would lose a good chunk of magic as things balanced out between the worlds and it'd become this weird dystopia, and I think something like that would still occur here, only since Equestria doesn't lose any magic, it stays a dominant power as it knows what to do with what it has, and the human world becomes more chaotic as people find themselves suddenly able to do more than they could ever dream, and it gets abused by some and is overwhelming for others. We'd probably see a simplification in life styles once everyone became used too and mastered magic a few generations down the line. Why have a lengthy process to collect the materials then manufacture, ship, advertise and sell something so seemingly basic like an electric can opener, when you can just swish and flick for a can to open. It probably begin to mirror many aspects of equestrian life but at the same time stay far more diverse.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
On 8/20/2019 at 9:11 AM, SharpWit said:

In another topic similar to this I said Equestria would lose a good chunk of magic as things balanced out between the worlds and it'd become this weird dystopia, and I think something like that would still occur here, only since Equestria doesn't lose any magic, it stays a dominant power as it knows what to do with what it has, and the human world becomes more chaotic as people find themselves suddenly able to do more than they could ever dream, and it gets abused by some and is overwhelming for others. We'd probably see a simplification in life styles once everyone became used too and mastered magic a few generations down the line. Why have a lengthy process to collect the materials then manufacture, ship, advertise and sell something so seemingly basic like an electric can opener, when you can just swish and flick for a can to open. It probably begin to mirror many aspects of equestrian life but at the same time stay far more diverse.

so something like a huge magic war followed by a societal collapse of sorts on the human side?

Edited by Newman1651

A sudden change is always bad in the short term. Even if it's what the people want and it becomes better in the long term. If that change is unexpected, then it gets even worse.

Even if society does not collapse, the short term would be a disaster. I would expect the crime rate to shoot up, maybe some new wars, maybe even some nukes flying.

1 hour ago, Pentium100 said:

A sudden change is always bad in the short term. Even if it's what the people want and it becomes better in the long term. If that change is unexpected, then it gets even worse.

Even if society does not collapse, the short term would be a disaster. I would expect the crime rate to shoot up, maybe some new wars, maybe even some nukes flying.

that would still result in civilization as we know it collapsing or being fundamentally altered.

I've read a fanfic where exactly that happened. All the humans turned into ponies and other Equestrian creatures, and it was indeed an apocalypse for some time. The story in question basically focuses on different EqG characters struggling to resume their lives in this changed form and environment.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/417807/a-magic-turn-of-events

7 hours ago, Toon4Thought said:

I've read a fanfic where exactly that happened. All the humans turned into ponies and other Equestrian creatures, and it was indeed an apocalypse for some time. The story in question basically focuses on different EqG characters struggling to resume their lives in this changed form and environment.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/417807/a-magic-turn-of-events

i read it, nt sure if i can classify as a societal collapse