Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Can you eat raw food?

Angle Alastor

Aside from fruits and veggies, sushi. I prefer sushi with raw seafood over cooked ones.

• Brohoof 2

Uh....depends on what it is. Raw fish I can eat, and I like my beef/steak not exactly raw but definitely pink, and I LOVE raw onions and mushrooms. Raw potatoes are also good. 

15 minutes ago, FeatherStream said:

As the title says lol for me I can eat raw red onion and it does bother me one bit :3 well as long as it’s not the whole thing xD 

That I can do. With OTC antacids. 

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

depends on the food, but let's be real here, why would you eat anything raw when you can eat it deep-fried?

Mmmm. Deep fried butter

Deep-fried_butter_at_State_Fair_of_Texas

So I can eat many things raw that are not hazardous for humans. Produce, juices, nuts, etc. While I prefer my steak rare, the only traditional meat I eat raw is sushi quality seafood. Chicken and pork are dangerous to consume uncooked. Plus raw chicken is gross to handle. 

• Brohoof 1

Any raw meats of any kind I avoid with extreme intent. I don't trust it at all no matter the meat. Of course this does go a bit far because I get paranoid any time any meat has a bit of pink in it, so double-edged sword that is. I do love raw cookie dough sometimes though, that stuff is amazing. <3

• Brohoof 2

Pretty much everything but meat. I'm one of those people who will only eat meat if it's cooked all the way through. It's just a psychological thing, but anything less and I start to feel sick.

Edited by Booker
  • Brohoof 1

I ate raw bread roll dough once, but I didn't realize I was doing it. My first step dad's fridge had a high humidity problem, things would get wet in there all of the time. I was hungry, looked in once, thought that the rolls would make for a nice snack, and had at them. They were most definitely wet, but I was a teen boy with a black hole for a stomach so nothing seemed to far off or enough so for me to care. He walks into the room a few minutes later and asks me what I'm eating, he says there were no bread rolls, I hold it up and he says "You're eating dough!" I looked at them, shrugged my shoulders and finished them.

Does that count? :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

So, I ate/eat raw…

• Sushi/sashimi (fish/seafood only!)
  • Onion
  • Fruit and veggies
  • Greens like basil, cilantro, and mint
  • Ginger
  • Fresh oyster (earlier this year)
  • Steak tartare with the egg on top (a few years ago).

And I prefer eating burgers and steak medium-rare.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

I have never been able to eat sushi, which is the first thing that comes to mind when talking about eating raw food.

I have never eaten completely raw food, however, some food has been processed and appear to be in a raw state, so I don't think of it as raw.

There is a problem though, with raw food. Bacteria and worms. You might enjoy something, and think it is safe, just to find out you have a worm inside of you that is twice as long as yourself. Thank about that while you are eating your raw meat (or just not so well cooked meat) next time!

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

depends on the food, but let's be real here, why would you eat anything raw when you can eat it deep-fried?

Exactly, 
Coming from the person that lives in the country that made the deep fat fried Mars bar (or deep fat fried Milky Way for Americans)

7 hours ago, Jeric said:

Mmmm. Deep fried butter

Deep-fried_butter_at_State_Fair_of_Texas

not sufd about that

• Brohoof 1

Eating stuff like raw cookie dough is actually dangerous, since it contains raw eggs. You can run the risk of contracting salmonella from it.

On topic, the raw stuff I like is raw fish, be it sashimi, sushi, or even poki. I also eat some fruits and vegetables raw too.

Edited by Flow

Talking of fish.. I can't stand fish if it's baked, cooked, grilled or whatever. Alone the smell makes me nauseous. Ingesting results in the worst pains. 

But sushi? Sushi I could LIVE OFF. I love sushi, sashimi, maki etc. and eat it at least once a weak ahahaha

Pretty much the only thing I eat raw is fruit. Vegetables are better cooked and I don't like meat rare at all. I've tried some raw sushi and didn't care for it(most sushi in the U.S. is cooked).

On 8/19/2019 at 11:58 PM, cuteycindyhoney said:

And Pop-tarts

(I never toast them, so they're raw when I eat them!)

Pop-tarts are cooked. :P