Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S09:E17 - The Summer Sun Setback

Jeric
Message added by Jeric

There will be spoilers here. If you see one at this point it’s on you!

56A6E69F-3600-4A70-BB92-12F6049B2631.jpeg

The Summer Sun Setback  

68 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• Hated it!
    • Not a fan
    • It was okay
    • Like it
    • Loved it <3

046359CC-C80D-428C-962C-983C27DE3447.jpeg

Title: The Summer Sun Setback
Air Date: August 24, 2019
Written By: 

Synopsis: Twilight and her friends try and make the Summer Sun Shindig F***ink amazing, but when Twilight thinks her ghostwritten Celestial x Twilight shipfic has been stolen, Twilight becomes Nightmare Book Horse making her friends choose side! 

Spoiler

Twilight is determined to make Celestia and Luna's last Summer Sun Celebration memorable, but things start going horribly wrong.

Watch Live and chat with us onEquestriaTV in the CMC Clubhouse 

• Brohoof 5

• This topic was pinned and featured
2 hours ago, Jeric said:

046359CC-C80D-428C-962C-983C27DE3447.jpeg

Hide contents

(Unimportant text that I can't remove)

Ooh, I wonder if there's any shipfics involving Thorax in that book the Terrible Trio have got.

But in all seriousness, I hope the Summer Sun Celebration goes alright in the end. 

1 hour ago, StitchandMLPlover said:

All I can say is this episode makes the last episode "Trivial Problem" seem like an even worse episode. 

It’s certainly a strange episode following the previous one. Trivial Problem really should have aired much earlier, unless you mentally say that there is a significant time skip. These two episodes as back to back episodes do cause a little issue with consistency of morals. 

Spoiler

Having an episode where her friends assume she is going to freak out just to have Twilight basically keep her shit together is a phenomenal element of growth, but considering that her monumental meltdown just happened and is fresh in some viewers eyes ... makes them strange to be aired so close together. 

I’m just going to pretend Trivial Problem took place immediately following Sombra’s return. 

• Brohoof 6

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

It’s certainly a strange episode following the previous one. Trivial Problem really should have aired much earlier, unless you mentally say that there is a significant time skip. These two episodes as back to back episodes do cause a little issue with consistency of morals. 

Hide contents

Having an episode where her friends assume she is going to freak out just to have Twilight basically keep her shit together is a phenomenal element of growth, but considering that her monumental meltdown just happened and is fresh in some viewers eyes ... makes them strange to be aired so close together. 

I’m just going to pretend Trivial Problem took place immediately following Sombra’s return. 

I can understand what you're saying.

As for my thoughts right at the moment,Well, at least...

Spoiler

Right at the start of the episode, rather than pretend it didn't happened, she acknowledged her Twilighting at the Trivia. She told the Royal Sisters, "With the exception of the Odd Trivia, I've made a lot of progress since the Royal Swanifying Ceremony." And true to her word, she actually kept calm throughout the entire episode. And that's what pleasantly surprised me the most. :yay:

All the panicking went to a new Woobie-ish Stallion in charge of the weather Pegasi, who earned "love to hug and comfort" points from me.:adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I can understand what you're saying.

As for my thoughts right at the moment,Well, at least...

Reveal hidden contents

Completely forgot about that line. 

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Jeric said:

Synopsis: Twilight and her friends try and make the Summer Sun Shindig F***ink amazing, but when Twilight thinks her ghostwritten Celestial x Twilight shipfic has been stolen, Twilight becomes Nightmare Book Horse making her friends choose side! 

“I have the magical power to levitate objects, read books, control lightning, and write fanfics, and when I get mad I lose control of all my powers!”

Let’s see how many people around here still get this reference.

• Brohoof 1

I don't want Celestia and Luna to retire!!!
image.png.9ff9e2d2461fd6a6cd9883bccf6fa044.png
The idea of a new "festival" was well appreciated though, instead of it just being the end, it was the beginning of something as well.

• Brohoof 2

Either grogar is clueless to what his subordinates are doing or he is a really good actor. And indeed luna and celestia keep a lot of knowledge to themselves. 

Edited by Rushing cash
  • Brohoof 7

Just now, Rushing cash said:

Either grogar is clueless to what his subordinates are doing or he is a really good actor.

I'd love it if it ends up being the latter in the finale.

• Brohoof 6