Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do men and women romantically bond with each other?

THESE ARE THINGS I HAVE READ ONLINE:

Women can build incredible friendships and become very close to each other in a way men can't bond, and science shows that women can bond very well with each other. Generally, women are even more social than men are. After something bad happens, a woman quickly rushes to talk to all of her female friends to get support, whereas a man can isolate himself and grief alone.

Women tend to be more emotional, more caring, more empathic, more compassionate, more affectionate, more loyal, more nurturing, more understanding, more sympathetic, more sensitive, more kind-hearted, more peaceful, more patient, more calmer, more gentle, more selfless, more expressive, more intuitive, and more outward than men are, and thus bond more with other women in a special way that they can’t with men. Men, on the other hand, are not that emotional, and thus can’t bond with other men in a special way.

Women are more comfortable being around with other women than they are with men. They have a type of bond that usually men with women won’t really have, or with men and men.

Most women like to do affectionate things with their female friends like cuddling with them and holding their hands and be touchy-feely towards each other, while most men would never do affectionate things with their male friends (especially not cuddling with them or holding their hands or be touchy-feely towards each other). Men are usually much lonelier than women are. Men don't often talk about their personal problems with their male friends like how women do with their female friends.

Females have a larger frontal cortex than males, making them a lot more emotional than males are. Also, males and females produce hormones that are very different from each other that affect their brains and their way of thinking very differently from each other. Male bodies usually produce high levels of testosterone and females bodies usually produce high levels of estrogen. And also, females produce a lot more oxytocin than males do. And that's a reason why women tend to hug a lot more and be a lot more physically affectionate than men do. So males and females are both mentally and physically different from each other, and and that would make it harder for them to bond with each other.

Women are very unique creatures, and women feel a lot safer in general with other women than they do with men if either is alone with each other, and it is easier for women to trust other women more than it is to trust a man.

Women are very sociable with each other, so if something goes wrong, they like to speak about it to each other. This is a way to develop trust among women. Women often relate their problems with other women, which makes them feel more connected in a way.

Most daughters have a very strong bond with their mother, while they don’t have one with their father, and most sons don’t have that strong of a bond with neither their mother nor their father.

Most females have a very strong bond with their sisters, while they don’t have one with their brothers, and most males don’t have that strong of a bond with neither their sisters nor their brothers.

The bond that two females have with each other is the strongest bond of them all, and that's one of the reasons why sayings like “girls always have to stick together” exist. The friendship of males and females can hardly be as good as a female to a female relationship from a woman’s point of view.

How can a man and woman have a special strong type of bond with each other if women have a special strong type of bond with each other while men don’t have one with each other? It seems like it's impossible for men and women to emotionally connect with each other.

Edited by AlicornSpell

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Hm...kinda feels like you're basing this all on stereotypes. :P

Well those are things that I read on the internet, so they may be stereotypes (which I am not sure). So I am not sure if those things are true or not. 

Edited by AlicornSpell

6 minutes ago, AlicornSpell said:

Well these are things that I read on the internet, so they may be stereotypes (which I am not sure). So I am not sure if those things are true or not. 

Well, I can tell you that to me it seems I feel more relaxed around guys rather than other girls, or I guess in other words, I "bond" with guys easier. That's not to say I don't have any girl friends in fact my best friend on the face of the planet is @Misty Breeze. We really clicked from day 1 and understand each other.

I don't know, I guess my point is...guys and gals can bond just fine together sometimes even better than girlxgirls/guysxguys

Just now, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

@AlicornSpell

Just so you are aware, I have altered this thread’s title to give it more proper context. 

Thank you. And just to let you know, most of the stuff written in my first post on this page are only stuff that I heard on the internet. So they are not official statements at all, since I don't know if they are true or not. 

3 minutes ago, AlicornSpell said:

Thank you. And just to let you know, most of the stuff written in my first post on this page are only stuff that I heard on the internet. So they are not official statements at all, since I don't know if they are true or not. 

I have added that fact to your original post :grin:

• Brohoof 1

As a girl I do tend to bond to males faster/easier than to females, I think mostly because I'm a tomboy. Even at my job I get along better with the men there than the women there. Now I do have a few girlfriends but its a very small pool and I do find it harder to bond with them.

It really comes down to the people in question really, thus the stereotypes fall flat on their faces easily. The stereotypes up there are too broad and in a way sound wayyyy too one-sided.

Edited by BroomsNHops
  • Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, AlicornSpell said:

What is that supposed to mean? I don't get it. 

I think what they mean is that , the only way that males and females bond is through alcohol in either getting drunk or by using it as liquid courage which is in reality a bad idea. But once again it's not worth anything seeing how people are all different.

It’s easy to generalize and look at all the ways that females bond and support each other. Men have their own ways of doing that too. Each is different but it doesn’t mean that neither sex can bond with the opposite gender. The relationship between male and female is unique; each side providing something the other lacks, and carries far more strength and depth than mere friendship or commiseration. Males and females are designed to go together as two parts of a whole set, no matter how nice peripheral friendships may be.  

It's probably true that women are more open to sharing their feelings with whoever, more so than men are.

But since we're generalizing, I'd say women befriend each other more easily, but their bonds with each other aren't as strong as mens are. I think men have better friendships with each other than women do, at least from observation. 

Nah, this all depends on the individuals. People are far too varied to let a few stereotypes hold true. A "general rule" can't really exist for humans given how weird we can be.

My closest friends are all transwomen and my boyfriend gets me better than most women would. Then again, I suppose I'm an outlier.