Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shorts That Should've Been Longer Episodes

Toon4Thought

Anyone who knows me knows that by far the biggest problem with EqG as a whole is the fact that they basically keep the shorts at 2 minutes each. Because of this, most of the shorts wind up being all setup but no payoff, and/or end before they even have a chance to begin. And it sucks, because I stand by EqG had a lot of potential but, because of the format (and Hasbro's meddling, but that's another story), most of it was just so squandered.

Ideally, I would've made the series 11 minutes an episode (even if it would've meant fewer episodes), but I don't think it would have been bad to do shorts if at least some of them were able to have a significantly longer runtime, at least if the story warranted it.

Here are how I think certain shorts could've been made much stronger with a longer running time:

Last Day of School - Combine what we get with subplots featuring the other girls. Find some way to even connect them in the end with a central theme.

Overpowered - Give the 'magic overloads' more of a transition, and make the solution less of a one-off joke and more of a legitimate plot point in them adjusting to their powers

Costume Conundrum - After getting Fluttershy into her costume, continue on with her hanging around in the costume party and having trouble enjoying it.

I can probably think of more (and be more specific with those three) over time. However, I'd really like to think of how you would extend certain shorts to make them much stronger stories.

• Brohoof 2

In all honesty i am gonna have to say i agree with your opinions. As someone who just got done watching all the EQG Movies and Specials i gotta say that it would of been nice it they made the shorts into episodes. I however did not watch the short due to them severing no plot in the Specials. In my honest Opinion i think they should of made them longer like what they did in EQG Tales of Canterlot high. I Do however realize that they were also working on MLPFIM at the same time so i can see why they were made so short. All i can say is that it would of been nice for them to go longer so we could have some episodes leading up to the Specials.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

One long episode about the beach shorts, instead of tiny small ones. Basically, there was potential for a TV series. But Hasbro used all of Youtube's resources (which might no longer be available to them).