Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vacation Country

Shimmer Muffin

3 minutes ago, Shimmer Muffin said:

Where to go and what to see? I'll have a one week holiday and I really want to spend it traveling 

Moved this to general discuss as Life Advice is for more “how to adult” and serious personal topics. 

Will add that people should also opine on their favorite vacation spots as suggestions to make this a community discussion. Since I don’t know where you live or your financial means, I’ll suggest heading to South Dakota as it is simply gorgeous this time of year. 

It really depends on where you live, when you'll take the vacation and your budget... But some destinations I can recomend are:

- Faro, Portugal: if you like beaches, there are plenty of places you can stay close to some of the prettiest and cleanest beaches in the country;
- Paris, France: I mean.. literally everyone I know says the place is incredible. If you've never visited and like exploring iconic cities with plenty of culture and art to discover, maybe consider visiting it;
- São Miguel, Portugal: if you want to explore wild, untouched nature, I can recomend this place (that and Iceland but it all depends on your budget) - you'll need a car;
- Athens, Greece: beautiful and historic, what more could you want?;
- Rome, Italy: same as Athens honestly but.. different obviously.

Those are it for me. I've only visited Portugal and Iceland out of these recomendations, so take them as you will~ (I hardly know other countries so I kept the list to European countries)

Depends on money and research; if you will. Might be best to stick with something close by if you're just starting out.

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2019 at 5:42 PM, Kamii said:

It really depends on where you live, when you'll take the vacation and your budget... But some destinations I can recomend are:

- Faro, Portugal: if you like beaches, there are plenty of places you can stay close to some of the prettiest and cleanest beaches in the country;
- Paris, France: I mean.. literally everyone I know says the place is incredible. If you've never visited and like exploring iconic cities with plenty of culture and art to discover, maybe consider visiting it;
- São Miguel, Portugal: if you want to explore wild, untouched nature, I can recomend this place (that and Iceland but it all depends on your budget) - you'll need a car;
- Athens, Greece: beautiful and historic, what more could you want?;
- Rome, Italy: same as Athens honestly but.. different obviously.

Those are it for me. I've only visited Portugal and Iceland out of these recomendations, so take them as you will~ (I hardly know other countries so I kept the list to European countries)

Average salary. But, I've been to Turkey, and it was amazing! Next stop - Greece, they have wonderful cuisine! 

10 hours ago, Shimmer Muffin said:

Average salary. But, I've been to Turkey, and it was amazing! Next stop - Greece, they have wonderful cuisine! 

If you want some less conventional places to go:

– Puebla, Mexico. It's one of the oldest colonial cities in North America and has a noticeable European influence to it. Its downtown is a UNESCO Heritage Site and is one of the most beautiful yet underrated cities in the world. 

– Quebec City, Canada. Another old colonial city. It's one of the few cities that has its city walls intact, and Old Quebec has a particularly French charm compared to the modern and bustling Montreal. It's like a slice of France that's been transported right here to the New World. 

– Chiang Mai, Thailand. A picturesque Thai city filled with Buddhist temples and close to nature. They also have the Elephant Nature Park, which rescues endangered elephant species from poaching. 

– Taipei, Taiwan. A modern Taiwanese city at the northern tip of the island, known for their bustling night markets, hot springs, and towering skyscrapers. They also have many buildings that trace back to the Japanese colonial era, the Qing Dynasty, and the Dutch and the Portuguese colonial era. 

– George Town, Malaysia. Malaysia's 2nd largest city, tracing back from the British colonial era. Its downtown is also registered as a UNESCO Heritage Site, with British colonial buildings mixed in with modern skyscrapers and buildings. It's like the Malaysian version of Hong Kong. 

Africa is full of many wonderful countries which are attractive to visitors for many different reasons. For example, in North Africa, as well as Egypt there is Morocco and Tunisia which instantly spring to mind. In the East Kenya and Tazania, the West The Gambia, and South Africa is huge offering Wine Routes, Garden Routes, Coastal Areas and much, much more.