Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you make a trotting pony GIF?

Ezynell

If you wanted to make a gif from like the actual show or an existing fan made animation or something, I would open the episode in sony vegas and then crop and edit it cetera cetera and render the frames as say PNG and compile the frames with "Ulead GIF Animator"

but I think I'm thinking of something different....

I have been seeing them all over DevientART and was wondering how to make them

In order to create a quality Trotting Pony gif, you will need to take time and extensive care to create a pixel pony (or vector pony) in 16 frames of motion. I would recommend that you use the base AB put up to start with, as the most time consuming part is the body. Then you can just add the pony''s features on top of the base for each frame and voila, you have a trotting pony. I wouldn't recommend copy/pasta, though. Hair doesn't look so good if you don't make it look like it's moving.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah I also wondered the same.

You can

a. get someone in dA to make it for you. It costs money, so if you are a cheap like me, read b.

b. Download the base and make your own. Beside from the link that Apple Bloom provided, here is an account that has many different templates http://desertengel.deviantart.com/gallery/26888971 :)

It is for Photoshop, or if you are even cheaper than that, like me, you can use GIMP, which is free :)

Hope I helped, even tho I am too late D:

• Brohoof 2

• 10 years later...