Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Splashee

My OC was created in MSPaint last year (December of 2018) in MSPaint, by mistake. I was drawing freehand with the mouse. I had previously drawn what I would look like in Equestria Girls style, but I had an idea to make the pony version more "crazy hair", and because of mistakes with the mouse, I got a look that almost spoke directly back to me as being an independent drawing not drawn by myself (I have never experienced that before).

In the Equestria Girls version, I had chosen to use the psychopath eyes style (that is eyes you can find in Anime/Manga that have tiny pupils, usually really evil guys (Zarbon when he goes mad, Android 17 in the later part of the series, etc). But what if you put those eyes on a pony? And Splashee was born (even before his name was invented, which was much later).

The first drawings are my Vector Art (click on them for larger views). They are all done in Adobe Illustrator so that I can export them in any dimensions ever possible, and with any effects applied afterwards:

PoseA1.pngPoseB1.pngPoseC1.pngPoseZ1.png

The other drawings you have seen around are drawn in Adobe Photoshop. Except for the animated profile picture, which was drawn and animated in a pixel/palette program called GraphicsGale (used to do pixel art for retro games, it's free and the best palette managing program you can find). Here is Splashee as a duck for the Role Play (Transformation Time!) which I am part of:

duckSpl.png

Last we have the fun one. Here I am speed drawing Splashee (blank flank, because the cutie mark is not friendly to draw by hand) from a nice side view. The speed is 400% the normal, and the video takes 5 minutes of your time:

Other than that, Splashee's name is fun to pronounce, and fun to draw! Any OC related information can be found in the RP Character Sheets on the forum :P
stop_drawing.jpgLOL

Edited by Splashee
Added the last one for fun
  • Brohoof 10

You need more than small pupils to make a character intimidating :orly: Cool drawings tho; I can’t watch the video so maybe the answer is there, but how much time does a drawing take in average ?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Xeltor Splashee is not meant to be scary. You!

The vector art one takes a few days (2-4 days), mostly because they are first drawn as normal art to get everything right. Vector graphics require some math as well, if you want to speed up certain operations like scaling and rotating.

Drawing in Photoshop takes about 1 and a half hour to 2 hours depending on how nice line work and details are required. But it could take days if it is a new character or a specific new pose. A lot of layers with rest poses, and a lot of small adjustments to positions and sizes.
I am still learning to draw. There are only basic shading etc.

Edited by Splashee
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Splashee said:

@Xeltor Splashee is not meant to be scary. You!

The vector art one takes a few days (2-4 days), mostly because they are first drawn as normal art to get everything right. Vector graphics require some math as well, if you want to speed up certain operations like scaling and rotating.

Drawing in Photoshop takes about 1 and a half hour to 2 hours depending on how nice line work and details are required. But it could take days if it is a new character or a specific new pose. A lot of layers with rest poses, and a lot of small adjustments to positions and sizes.
I am still learning to draw. There are only basic shading etc.

I didn’t say scary, but intimidating :orly: 

Less time than I thought :ooh: 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Xeltor said:

Less time than I thought :ooh: 

It is faster and faster, the more I drew them.

But there are a couple of Anime poses I cannot figure out how to draw as pony, and then we have that "The Matrix" coat issue :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Splashee said:

It is faster and faster, the more I drew them.

But there are a couple of Anime poses I cannot figure out how to draw as pony, and then we have that "The Matrix" coat issue :mlp_icwudt:

Hmmm... draw the pony jumping in the air so you can draw it like the pony is standing? :huh: 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, LemonLavender said:

My gosh, I'm in love with that tail!  :yay:

I can swear the tail was inspired from a Pokemon, only I went through all of them afterwards as quickly as I could trying to find a match, but I failed. It's weird, where did that tail design come from then, surely not my own brain?

Many of the design choices are inspired from different Manga, Anime, etc (some are obvious, some are less). The tail was one of the last things I designed, and it was kinda difficult to figure out what style would fit the rest of the pony.

1 hour ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I never knew a pony could look more Swedish in all my life ^_^ Nice work! 

I just looked at myself in the mirror, basically. Added some extra crazy Anime hair. :orly: Voila !

Thank you for your comments, it means a lot!

• Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Thank you @Samurai Equine!

Thank you @Blivy, yea for some reason, drawing ponies in that angle, you can't ignore certain curves, etc. :wacko:

Here are some of my training-wheel drawings of Splashee (while I was preparing the final design). They are not colored, but they are still quite fun to look at:
EhWhatsUp.png
MeetSplashee.jpg

And playful and silly (because I am):

hi1.png<- © Splashee 2019

Edited by Super Splashee
  • Brohoof 5

• 7 months later...

Getting ready for the worst (?):
FeelingGoodAsHell.jpg

Feel like dancing?
SplasheeDance.png

Working with Vector Graphics means, there is no limit to the size of the art:
SVector.png

• Brohoof 1

On 6/19/2020 at 9:49 PM, ExplosionMare said:

So many cute Splash horses :BrightMacContent:

7 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Aww, the second one is so cute!

Too kind! :love:

• 4 months later...

It's been a long road to 10.000. Here are some custom avatars I made for the different 1.000 marks:

5000-5999 Bat Pony:
av_splashee_118_revSunday_newBg2_bat.gif

6000-6999 Crystal Pony:
_crystal5_av_splashee_118_cheatFriday.gi

7000-7999 Pegasus:
act.gif

8000-9999 Unicorn:

10000 Unknown?

• Brohoof 4