Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Gabby Have Been Part Of The Student Six?

Denim&Venöm

Looking at our latest badge gave me a thought. 

Should Gabby the Griffon have been in the student six instead of Gallus? 

I mean I kinda get why she wasn't. Her bubbly optimistic demeanor is a lot like Silver Stream. But maybe the cynical pragmatist role Gallus filled be given to a Hippogriyph instead? 

• Brohoof 3

I think Gallus kind of works better as a representative of Griffons though, the thing about Gabby is that she's totally different from what we've seen of Griffon culture generally. I feel like each of the Student Six is supposed to sort of represent their culture in general, and to maybe show us there's a bit more to each of them than what we think, and Gabby doesn't really fit that kind of idea.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

Looking at our latest badge gave me a thought. 

I mean I kinda get why she wasn't. Her bubbly optimistic demeanor is a lot like Silver Stream. But maybe the cynical pragmatist role Gallus filled be given to a Hippogriyph instead? 

I think they wanted to evoke thoughts of Princess Skystar with Silver Stream making Hippogriffs general personalities a little consistent. Gabby being sort of the atypical Griffin also doesn’t lend itself to having to learn many friendship lessons. 

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Yes.

Even though I find Gabby's hyper personality grating at least she's not a stick in the mud like Gallus. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Yes.

Even though I find Gabby's hyper personality grating at least she's not a stick in the mud like Gallus. 

D08D97EC-A16C-4C98-854C-8D9AF39CE916.png

Technically ... he isn’t a stick. He’s a Griffon 

• Brohoof 2

In some ways, she would've easily fit in with the rest of the students. But, her personality and overall character could be described as being too good. As we saw with her appearance in season six, Gabby was good at just about everything, albeit, near perfection as opposed to good. That would've made her stand out too much compared to the other students. Also, Gallus personifies the typical Griffin while Gabby can be viewed as abnormal amongst them.

• Brohoof 3

Unpopular Opinion: I like Gallus more than Gabby, because Gallus's personality is a tad more unique than Gabby's, which is basically Pinkie in a Griffin's body. Not to say I dislike her, but no I would not take her over Gallus for Student Six.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, ~C. Discord~ said:

Unpopular Opinion: I like Gallus more than Gabby, because Gallus's personality is a tad more unique than Gabby's, which is basically Pinkie in a Griffin's body. Not to say I dislike her, but no I would not take her over Gallus for Student Six.

He’s a great character. I mean, four of the students have very distinct personalities and Gallus was one of the first I actually liked because he was easy to use as a possible catalyst for conflict. Sandbar and Ocellus have personalities but feel bland compared to Yona and the other three. 

Gabby works much better as a once in a blue moon appearance. 

• Brohoof 2

Gabby is a CMC, and that's the role she fits perfectly, and she seemingly knows more about friendship than Gallus...I don't think she has much to learn on that front really.

While I like Gabby, she would already be a lot more aware about the lessons of friendship, which wouldn't leave as much to build upon. Not to mention that her personality is pretty simillar to Silverstream to begin with. Gallus works well, as his snide nature is a lot more fitting as a Griffin, in addition to having a lot of room for character development to build from.

• Brohoof 1