Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This is actually a hard one. As a villain Sunset was .... not well executed. As a protagonist she is MUCH better. For me it has to be the Dazzlings by a mile, but I actually really liked Wallflower quite a bit. Note that the stories those villains appeared in were actually my favorites in the Equestria Girls series, so there is that. 

• Brohoof 2

The Dazzlings and it’s not even close. The only other ones I can say I actually liked were Wallflower and Gloriosa

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

The Dazzlings and it’s not even close. The only other ones I can say I actually liked were Wallflower and Gloriosa

This goes for me too. I'm not a fan of Equestria Girls villains in general. There's just this undeniably formulaic feel to their character arcs for the most part. I am enough of a fan to know one thing though. This list forgot Abacus Cinch. :dash:

latest?cb=20170804024242

• Brohoof 2

You did forget to include Principal Cinch seeing as she was more of an antagonist than Midnight Sparkle was--the former was even indirectly responsible for the creation of the latter due to her desire for Crystal Prep to succeed at any cost. To answer this question, the Dazzlings are the best villains Equestria Girls had to offer though I give props to Cinch for being a good villain and the only one who never used magic.

• Brohoof 4

While I like Sunset as a character, I didn't feel that she was much of a notable villain. I'd say that the Dazzlings are my favourite, followed by Gloriosa Daisy - Gaia Everfree in her magical state.

• Brohoof 1

Since this is just Equestria Girls villains I can say without a doubt that the Dazzlings are my favorite villains, with Sunset Shimmer being my second favorite villain.

10 hours ago, Jeric said:

This is actually a hard one. As a villain Sunset was .... not well executed. As a protagonist she is MUCH better. For me it has to be the Dazzlings by a mile, but I actually really liked Wallflower quite a bit. Note that the stories those villains appeared in were actually my favorites in the Equestria Girls series, so there is that.

9 hours ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

Could you two maybe tell me why Wallflower is one of your favorite villains?  I honestly just have no idea why anypony would like her very much.

• 1 month later...

Would go with the sirens too, they are the most interesting and entertaining villains in EG by a mile(plus their musical numbers rock). I kinda liked gloriosa and maybe wallflower blush and midnight sparkle were okay, although I have to say that cinch deserves respect since she did not use magic unlike the others. 

Well, I can not say anything about Wallflower, Vignette and PostCrush because I never saw their episodes. But for the others, I can. And at this point, the Dazzlings are definitelly the best of them for me. They are in my opinion the only villains who are different than the others. Sunset, Sci-Twi, Gloriosa and Juniper are for me mostly the same. Teenage Girls who had personal problems and got contact with equestrian magic which they could not handle and became evil monster. This is at least how I feel about them. But the dazzlings are for me the most interesting characters EQG ever had. I also like the characterisation of the three girls. They are also the reason why the second EQG movie is for me personal the best one. Sunset acts for me better as a hero than a villain. Sci-Twi was for me never a villain, only a person who worked with something she don't know. Same for Gloriosa. And Juniper was never that interesting for me (the main reason I watched Mirror Magic was because of Human Starlight). But when it is only about design, than it is Midnight Sparkle. 

Edited by IronM17
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Dazzlings are the only villains I really liked, because they were funny but also because the show didn't try to sympathize with them at the end. 

I did like Vignette Valencia, because I found her pretty funny, but she's definitely a shallow character, and I don't know why anyone still talks to her. Twilight's role in Friendship Games remains fascinating to me, but I'm not sure it quite comes together the way it needs to. I recall Gloriosa Daisy being inoffensive, but not exactly interesting either. Not a fan of the others at all - not even Wallflower Blush, who was never as sympathetic to me as the series wanted her to be. 

• Brohoof 1

56 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

not even Wallflower Blush, who was never as sympathetic to me as the series wanted her to be.

To me, Wallflower was never a sympathetic character to begin with once it was revealed that she blamed Sunset and tried to ruin her life for something Wallflower did to herself.

"I'm sad because I never made any effort to get friends and this reformed villain has more friends than I do because she has been actually working to get friends and make those connections, also now no one remembers me because I erased the memories people would actually remember about me.  So, I'm going to blame and target by trying to ruin the life of someone who wasn't even the only one doing the forgetting that was my fault to begin with."

The moral of the story is, "Even if someone is trying to ruin your life for something that isn't your fault and that they did to themselves, you should TOTALLY be kind to them because if you're not 100% kind to them, they're actually the one in the right and if they just want friends, you TOTALLY should just forgive them and become their friend!  Because apparently that's how forgiveness works now!"

Yeah, the villain and the snapshot redemption at the end of Forgotten Friendship are what pushed it down to second-best movie, after Rainbow Rocks.

Edited by Dawn-Sunlight
  • Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Dawn-Sunlight said:

To me, Wallflower was never a sympathetic character to begin with once it was revealed that she blamed Sunset and tried to ruin her life for something Wallflower did to herself.

"I'm sad because I never made any effort to get friends and this reformed villain has more friends than I do because she has been actually working to get friends and make those connections, also now no one remembers me because I erased the memories people would actually remember about me.  So, I'm going to blame and target by trying to ruin the life of someone who wasn't even the only one doing the forgetting that was my fault to begin with."

The moral of the story is, "Even if someone is trying to ruin your life for something that isn't your fault and that they did to themselves, you should TOTALLY be kind to them because if you're not 100% kind to them, they're actually the one in the right and if they just want friends, you TOTALLY should just forgive them and become their friend!  Because apparently that's how forgiveness works now!"

Yeah, the villain and the snapshot redemption at the end of Forgotten Friendship are what pushed it down to second-best movie, after Rainbow Rocks.

I agree, and apparently found that stuff to be a much bigger issue than you did. I'm a fan of "Friendship Games" and "Rollercoaster of Friendship," with "Forgotten Friendship" being in a distant fourth place; I consider it kinda redundant. 

My favorite from the EqG verse is actually Gloriosa Daisy. While she may not be outright evil or fun like the Sirens are, or as impressively designed like Midnight Sparkle, but Gloriosa feels like a more complete package. Poor Gloriosa was just SO overwhelmed by so much pressure between running the camp, keeping the campers happy, AND dealing with Filthy Rich that she really felt she had no choice left. Plus, when she does her main transformation her design is just gorgeous and she has a bit of insanity to keep her interesting.

So yeah; Gloriosa FTW~

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Bas said:

I think if someone is trying to improve, one should help them on their path.

I agree, except if that person is also the one that the person trying to improve hurt for reasons that are self-inflicted by that person doing the hurting.

Sunset shouldn't have been forced to forgive her for trying to ruin her life out of, I'd say spite.

Like I said in my Character Bias blog entry, Wallflower Blush is someone who I have a character bias problem with, but I also have a snapshot redemption problem with her.

Edited by Dawn-Sunlight

• 5 weeks later...

My favorite content is "Rollercoaster of Friendship" but mainly because of the dynamic between Rarity and Applejack. I love Vignette, but The Dazzlings are way too amazing! 

Their songs, character dynamic, there's 3 of them, XD

It's kind of a given ahaha

Definitely the Dazzlings for me. I like Gloria as well. I can't really say much about Vignette, Wallflower Blush and PostCrush because I never really saw their episodes but I probably should give them a watch eventually.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...