Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Game of Trapped Love (RP with Dynamo Pad)

Victoria Everglade

OOC Here

It was early evening and the griffon known as Sora Kestrel would get home from his college class and hurriedly get out his Full Immersion VR gear. He was excited as that evening was going to be the full release of the newest game he was a beta tester for, the game was called Legends Online, and he had already gained a bit of reputation as being a mostly solo player. He chucked his backpack on his bed and plugged into the game.

-In the game-

He would find himself as his rather feminine in appearance, but that was kind of the way he liked it. He would go to the town quest board to do a few quests before the official launch.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Succubusted

As the sun began to set over the bustling town of Ponyville, the unicorn known as Dynamo Pad had been exiting his job at the local arcade. He grinned from ear to ear in excitement as the doors pushed past him, while he began running towards his home. The reason? He was carrying a plastic bag that had a video game inside. The game? It was none other than the popular and brand new Legends Online. A VRMMORPG game that had it's own beta launch months prior. His boss and friend, Button Prompt, had gotten him an advanced copy that was set to release to the public in a midnight launch. Button even allowed Dynamo a week's vacation to go and enjoy the video game to it's full potential.

After making his way home, he quickly made himself something to eat, so he wouldn't be hungry as he played the game. After eating his early dinner, the blue unicorn made his way towards his room and began to set up the game. He had a bit of a reputation as being a well known competitor during video game tournaments, but he was always keen on wanting to work together in teams. When it came to RPG games, that is. Working in quests alone was fine and all, but he always wanted to work together so things weren't so difficult and/or dangerous.

-In the game-

As Dynamo materialized in the game, he looked around and took a deep breath. He closed his eyes, before sighing with a smile. "It feels so good to be back!" He would shout to nobody, but himself as he opened his eyes to take in the view. The starting town looked just like it was in the beta. Only a few upgrades to the textures of both the town and environment. He decided to keep the appearance he had in the game. A purple shirt, dark gray pants, black shoes, brown gloves/arm guards, a sword and a shield. He even made his mane shorter so as to not look like his avatar. Seeing that not many players hadn't signed in yet, he decided to go to the quest board to start leveling up. Just before the official launch of the game would begin.

@Dynamo Pad

Sora had made his way to a field, there was quest to farm a number of the beasts that inhabited said field for particular drops that the beasts would, well, drop. He had slain about 30 of the beasts and collected a majority of what he needed to finish the quest. How-ever, he had triggered a world event and he blinked as he saw the level of the monster "Oh shoot, this mother's going to take.." he'd think for a moment, until he saw someone nearby and waved them down "hey, you there" he would call to them "What level are you?"

@Succubusted

After taking a quest to defeat a certain number of beasts, Dynamo had started heading towards a field that had a plethora of quest components. Since he was in the beta, he didn't get as much experience. Seeing as the beta was about a week or two. It had taken him some time to finish the quest as he was still trying to get used to playing the game again. After not playing the beta for a long time. After he finished slaying the beasts for the quest, he was about to head back, until he heard a voice off in the distance. He looked aimlessly as he finally saw who the voice had belonged to. It was a girl, who had a sword, a blue shirt and jacket, gray pants, and knee-high brown boots. She had long red hair, red eyes and what looked to be cat ears and a tail. 

At the sight of the monster she was fighting, he sighed as he had forgotten that world events could also happen within the game. At the mention of the level he was at, he could see the level icon on his item and equipment list. "I'm decently leveled. Why do you ask?" He tried to be subtle as he didn't want to give his level away at the moment. He didn't want to seem rude, but he wasn't sure what level she was at either. If she needed help, then he would do his best to help, while also explaining his level.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Sora would nod "Well, I kinda wanna have a go at this world event before anyone else does, but I'm a few levels below being able to solo it" he would explain, "Perhaps, if we form a party, we could take this thing down" He would say, leaning on his sword a little, it was a claymore and he'd check out Dynamo's stats as he awaited for his answer. "I take it you were a beta tester too?" He would ask, "That or you were incredibly lucky to get a unreleased avatar" he would remark and looks at the gear he was wearing, which, like his, was still pretty much beginner gear, but he was hoping that the boss for this world event would drop something he could use.

@Succubusted

Dynamo looked over the other player's shoulder, before looking back at them and nodding. "I think that's a good idea. Strength in numbers, after all. I'm more surprised that other gamer's  aren't logging in, but I guess there's still time, before a midnight launch." He opened up the menu and scrolled down towards a party invite. He started walking over towards the other player, before hitting the option to send a party invite. "Was being a beta tester that obvious?" He chuckled with a sheepish grin. "I don't suppose you're the same too with being a beta tester. If not, then perhaps you got the game earlier than anyone else." He says, looking back at the player, while inspecting both their gear and his own battling equipment. "I'm around level 10 when the beta ended. I was able to pick up a decent sword and shield as I'm trying to do a more paladin class. At least, that's what I said as they gave me and others a special avatar. I received an email containing any requests and I said something along the lines of the Hero character. The ones from the Dragon Quest games."

@Dynamo Pad

Sora chuckles "Yeah, well considering you're here already and you have somewhat beginner gear but at the same time it's not newbie gear" he'd say "And yeah I'm also a beta tester, from the start" he'd then accept the party invite and smile "I actually didn't know they had classes here" he says "But yeah I also chose a fighter class, as is probably evident by my claymore" he says and then looks at the monster "Hmm..we're both fighting class, how-ever you are Paladin class right? So do you have any heal moves?" he would ask "If so, then the strategy that I'm suggesting is I'll be the tank, I'll rush the monster and hit it with my special attacks, and you can heal, occasionally, hitting the monster if it gets too close to you" he would say "What do you think?"

@Succubusted

"Getting this gear wasn't easy. Some were rare drops that had about a twenty five to about a thirty percent drop rate. I can only imagine that the drop rate will only progress later on in this game." Dynamo chuckles "You're a beta tester too? I don't think I saw you during the beta. Granted, the game had only been out for beta for about two weeks. I guess with my time at working, I didn't have a chance to experience the game to the max. What level are you at, if you don't mind me asking? Also, I don't think I caught your name." He says, hearing a notification sound that let him know that the party was created. "I think by around level 5 or so, you'll get the chance to pick a class. I didn't know the fighter class could use a giant blade. Usually, fighters only use their bare fists or a dagger, right?" As they explained the strategy of how to take down the monster, Dynamo furrowed his eyebrows as he wasn't entirely sure.

"That would work if you had the right class and/or battle plan. Here's what I'm thinking. We can go with that strategy, but with a bit of an adjustment to the plan. Since the Paladin class is able to be a tank and heal, then I'll take the lead. I do know healing spells, yes. So, I'll bait the monster into my attacks and use my shield for defense. I learned that the shield bash can be your best friend. Once I'm able to get a good strike, then we'll switch side and you can go in on the offensive. As you do that, then I'll make sure to heal occasionally and back you up. How does that sound?"

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad

Sora thinks for a moment "Oh when I say Fighter, I meant like the heavy classes" he'd chuckle a little "I'm at level 10, I got on every chance I got, but college" he smiles and nods, listening to Dynamo's strategy, and nods some more "Okay yeah, that definitely sounds like a better strategy" he would say "And my name? It's Kestrel" he would say, taking another glance at the monster, "Alright yeah, you take charge and we'll do the switch strategy" he says as he readies himself, "Also you probably didn't see me very often as I'm usually a solo player"

Edited by Succubusted

@Succubusted

"There's a version of that Fighter class? That's the first time that I've heard of that. I guess this is a newer addition to the game. Seeing how I've never seen anything like that in any other game I've played like World of Warcraft, or any other game." Dynamo chuckled as he nodded in agreement. "Glad to see that someone can relate to me on that. After I graduated, I moved to another town and started working at an arcade. It was really busy at times, but being able to play free games was worth it. Plus, it helped me to practice for traveling to other towns and competing in gaming tournaments." He smiled, nodding at the agreement and name. "It's nice to meet you Kestrel. Although, is that your gamer name, or real name? If it's the former, then my name is Kyubiki Tenchu. Although, you can call me Kyubiki, or whatever suits you. Seeing how others can't memorize that name." He chuckled again as he knew the struggles of others not saying his gamertag correctly. 

As he took a glance at the monster, Dynamo had drawn his sword and shield in preparation to attack. "I guess being solo gives you a bit of journey to level up, but it's fun to work in teams. I think there's an increase in experience, but I could be wrong. So, are you ready to take this monster down? Just give me the signal and I'll bring the monster over to me." 

@Dynamo Pad

"Kyubiki hmm?" He'd ask "Cool name, and well, I might tell you if it's my real name after we defeat this boss, depending on how well we actually work together" he says with a subtle wink, "And you work at an arcade? That's awesome, and yeah I bet the free games is a really cool bonus" he would say "And yeah, College is a killer, but I want to be able to move out of my folks' house and live on my own, and a good education is the first stepping stone to a good job" 

He smile and nods and marks the monster as the target, locking it "Ready" he would say, standing back and waiting for his turn to rush in and hit the break point.

@Succubusted

"Eeyup! That's my name, don't wear it out." He jokingly chuckled, before shaking his head. "Thank you and I'm glad you think it's a nice name. Your gaming name is a pretty cool name, as well. Although, Kyubiki isn't really my actual name." He blushed slightly at the subtle wink, but the blush wasn't that noticeable. 'Was that wink a sign of flirting?' He thought, but he assumed that he wouldn't know. "Working at an arcade is fun, but it's sometimes a chore having to make sure that some arcade machines stay working. There are times that they either break down randomly, or they don't work at all. It's a shame having to call in for a repairman, or to get a new machine altogether. I will say that while being able to play free games is fun. It doesn't beat the ability of being able to play competitive online video games with friends. Especially RPG games like this." He says with a frown, before smiling once more. "I can imagine College being a bit of a hassle, but I'm glad to hear that you're working hard and that you've got a goal. That just shows that you're one step closer into reaching that dream job."

He didn't get a chance to ask about what that dream job was. Seeing how they still had a monster to take down, before other gamer's had signed into the game. He would, however, try and talk to Kestrel about that goal later. For now, they had a goal to complete. At the mention of Kestrel being ready, Dynamo had made sure to use an intimidating shout ability to call the monster over to him. Once the creature was in range, Dynamo made sure to parry the attack, before using a shield bash to stun the monster. "Kestrel, go for it! Now!"

@Dynamo Pad

Kestrel would nod and rush in, using his special attack on the now stunned monster, damaging it a fair bit. This battle would go on for that for a while until they had finally brought the big brute down. "whew, now that's what I call a battle" he'd say as he'd give the thumbs up over to Kyubiki as he went over to the chest. As he opened it, his eyes opened "No way!" he'd exclaim "It dropped a mythic!" he'd exclaim, pointing to the DarkBlade Claymore "Ooh and some nice armor, wanna see what you got?" he would ask

@Succubusted

Dynamo grinned as Kestrel was able to follow through on the attack. The attack didn't take the monster down, but they knew that it was a start. As they took turns making attacks, Dynamo provided healing spells in case he or Kestrel were injured from the monster. The battle had lasted for a little while, but the two had finally managed to bring the monster down. "You're telling me. I thought the stunning effect would be helpful, but it only lasted for a few seconds. That wasn't an easy timeframe to deal decisive strikes." He panted, feeling slightly winded from the fight. After sheathing his blade and placing his shield on his back, Dynamo made his way over towards the chest the monster dropped. At the mention of what Kestrel had gotten, Dynamo had whistled in astonishment.

"Now that's what I call an item. Although, I kind of forgot what the mythic item is." He grinned sheepishly as he felt embarrassed that he had forgotten. As he opened the chest, he frowned as he didn't get any rare items. He did, however, gained some decently leveled armor. "I got some shoulder pad armor and knee pad armor. Nothing like the armor I have now, so I can't complain." He smiled, going into his menu and equipping the new armor he had gained. "That fight wasn't too bad after we found the rhythm and pattern to fight. You sure you've been a solo player for a long time?" He says in a joking tone, before giving Kestrel a smile. "So, what do you think? Should we look to see if there are any more item drops? If not, then we should head back to town and hand in the quest."

@Dynamo Pad

He looks at the gear and frowns "You serious? You only got some crappy armor?" he'd ask "Well if we can find the Pool of Mythic, maybe you can toss them in and get something better, if not, you can always sell them or salvage them" he would suggest and looking at the quest, it seemed to have shared when they entered into the party together and that it had been completed "Well, I think it is near time for the opening ceremony for the launch, so yeah we probably should head back to town, hand in the quest and then wait, I guess"

@Succubusted

Dynamo could only shrug his shoulders at how disappointed Kestrel had sounded. "Well, you can't win them all. I think there was about one to two silver in the chest. Usually, you'd get copper pieces that you save up, until you get to gold pieces. At least I'm on a good start to saving up for any good items to be sold." He nods, recalling that there was a pool of Mythic in the area of the field and forest. "I'll keep that idea in mind. Although, you didn't really answer my question. What is Mythic, anyway? Is that a sort of item to use for synthesis? If not, it sounds like something one refer to as magic." He says, taking another look at the quest to see that he was sharing the job, as well. "Huh. I didn't think I was on that part of the quest already. I remember taking the same quest and finished taking down some of the monsters. I didn't even know my quest log had been updated." He chuckled, before looking over towards the town. "I didn't think it was getting late in the day. Considering the time zones are different for both the real world and the game world this game takes place in. So, I guess that settles it. Let's head back to town, hand the quest in and wait for opening ceremonies of the launch. There should be more gamer's logging in right about now, anyway. Besides, you still owe me your name for helping you out, remember?" He looked to Kestrel with a smirk, while raising his eyebrows and placing his hands on his hips with an all knowing look. 

@Dynamo Pad

He chuckles a little "Mythic as in rarity of item" he would say, following Dynamo back to the town "You know how it normally goes. Common, Uncommon, Rare, Legendary, Heroic.." he'd explain "Well here you also get Mythic and Ultra Rare" he says then chuckles a bit more "That is true, well Kestrel is my second name, my full name is Sora Kestrel" he would say and they soon arrived at the town, "Yeah one great thing about this game that I have found, is that if you party with someone who has the same shareable quest as you, the progress updates and it's easier to turn in" he would mention, making his way to the NPC who had given them the quest. 

@Succubusted

As Kestrel began to explain the meaning of Mythic, Dynamo looked at the other player with awe. However, it soon changed as he smacked his forehead with his hand. "Oh, so that's what it was. Here I thought it was another term for crafting or a rare metal. I honestly forgot about crafting abilities as I wasn't the best when it involved that type of trade. I remember playing World of Warcraft years ago where someone crafted and/or enchanted items for me. This was when I was a rookie at the time and didn't understand certain kinds of lingo for MMORPG games." He would chuckle, before smiling with a nod. "Huh. So you went and used your real name as your gaming name? I don't know that many, who do something like that. At any rate, it's nice to meet you Sora. My real name is Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo, or Kyubiki. Seeing as how we're still playing the game and all." He says as they soon made their way back into town. 

"I guess I should be grateful that a game like this can do that kind of idea for quests. At least this game helps to promote working together, while also making quests not so unbearable. I'm just glad I was able to get the same quest as you. Although, to be fair, there aren't that many quests at the start when you enter the beginning portion of the game." He responded, while they made their way to the NPC, who had given out the quest to begin with. 

@Dynamo Pad

Sora nods "That's the beauty of it, people will just assume it's my avatar name" he chuckles and nods once more handing the quest in and smiles "I for one am grateful for quest sharing" he would say "but you are right, it does promote working together and makes some grind quests not so unberable" he would agree and look at the reward, just as there was a chiming of bells "Guess the opening ceremony is starting, shall we go?" he would ask, "We can do some more quests after"

@Succubusted

Dynamo slightly nodded as he shrugged his shoulders. “That’s true. It sounds like a gaming name, in a way. I guess I’d just concerned if someone asked for my name and my gaming name and real name are the same.” He chucked along with Sora, before handing in the quest to the NPC. “You see? That’s the beauty of having fun when it involves working together. It also makes questing in raid dungeons not as intimidating. At least that’s what I think when it’s all about this game.” He smiles as he was given a decent amount of coins for the quest.

Dynamo’s ears perked at the sound of bells beginning to chime. “Talk about perfect timing on finishing that quest.” He turned to Sora and nodded at her suggestion. “Yeah. Let’s get going. I think the opening ceremonies take place in the main town square. If we run, then we should be able to make it. Also, I’d like to continue going on quests with you after opening ceremonies.” He grinned as he began running off towards the main square of town.

@Dynamo Pad

Sora chuckles and nods at Dynamo's remark about the perfect timing to finish the quest "Yeah you're right there" he would say as they made their way to the town center for the opening ceremony "Be prepared for the influx of newbies" he'd say with a giggle "and a lot more players" he'd say, checking out his new blade. He would then nod to Dynamo's other remark about having fun when working together "I suppose you're right there Kyu, I'm just used to soloing, most of the other MMORPG games I've played, I found I could never find a good enough guild to join, but I suppose we could always start our own later on if you want" he'd say.

As they found a decent spot to watch the ceremony, Sora would sit down and and wait.

@Succubusted

Dynamo couldn't help in chuckling along with Sora as she joked about the other player's, before the two made their way to the center of town. "I remember when I was a newbie during the beta testing. Along with other games like Overwatch and World of Warcraft. Oh, those were the days." He joked back as he wasn't the best player, in his opinion. He had to admit to himself that her giggle sounded pretty cute. He was brought out of his thoughts as Sora had been inspecting the new blade she had attained. "Oh, so it's Kyu now, huh? Already got a nickname for me? We only just met though." He smirked as he playfully rolled his eyes. "I don't blame you, though. I was the same way when it involved other games. Either you can't find the right guild to fit in, or you just can't find the right team to work together. Thus, the teamwork and plan all fall apart. I would't mind starting a group together. Who knows? It might even be a lot of fun when working on giant raid battles. Remind me about that idea later and we'll discuss it."

As the duo found a decent spot to watch the opening ceremonies, Dynamo had taken a seat right next to Sora. "So, what do you think this'll be all about? Do you think they'll make a giant announcement, or we'll get a mini screen for everyone to watch? I can imagine all of the rules and regulations and such. Seeing that this is such a massive world to explore." He says, turning his attention towards the sky and towering buildings. 

@Dynamo Pad

He nods along to what Dynamo was saying "It's why I solo'd most of the time to be honest" he would say and smile at him "And yes, I already have a nickname for you" he'd say "Its easier to remember" he would say then think about what Dynamo asked about the opening ceremony "I would suggest that due to some players probably missing it in person due to being out on quests, then the mini screen to watch is a plausible possibility" he would say "And I think it''' be like a welcome thing to all the non beta testers and going through the basic rules and guides."

-As time passed and the opening ceremony ended-

Sora would stretch "Hmm thank the stars that's over" he says "Well, how about we go out to do some questing hmm?" he'd ask "leave the low level starting quests to the newbies, maybe explore some of the higher level unlocked quests?"

@Succubusted

"That's pretty understandable as it makes the most sense. The game can be split between the vast majority of gamer's. Either they understand everything from the rules to the advanced guidelines of how the game can be played, or you have others, who may not understand and or have no desire to learn. Which can lead some player's to go solo some games on their own." He chuckled as he chose to just accept the nickname Sora had given him. "Oh, well. I guess there's no changing the nickname at this point. At least it's easier to remember. I'm telling you that more than many have had trouble to pronounce my name. You're one of the few who actually said it correctly. Most called me the companion cube or kabuki." He sheepishly smiled in embarrassment, while scratching his cheek with his finger. "That makes a lot more sense. If you're out on a quest, then you'll be more likely to be left behind from the rest of the class. So, getting a quick guideline of the game, while resting on a quest is the most logical. I think it'd be a good refresher for those that were in the beta test phase. I mean, it was a good, few months since then. He says, before seeing a screen that welcomed him into the game appear in front of his face.

-As time passed and the opening ceremony ended-

After some time had gone by, Dynamo sighed as the welcoming ceremony had finally come to a close. "Hey. The guidelines weren't that bad. Okay, scratch that. It was pretty bad. Granted, the creators had taken ten minutes to go over one topic, but still." He looked up to see fireworks and confetti had flown to the sky. A signal for everyone to start cheering and celebrate that the game had finally launched. He stood up to stretch as a grin slowly formed upon his face. Just the feeling of being able to start playing alongside everyone was simply thrilling. "Back to questing, huh?" He finished stretching his arms as he looked back towards the female cat. "That sounds good to me. I think I remember a few quests in this town that lead up to the next level of quests. Also, I wouldn't go around and call some others newbies. You do that and they'll go thinking that we're bullies for the game." He chuckled as he waited to go over to the quest board with Sora. 

@Dynamo Pad

He chuckles "Oh, I only do it in private" he'd say. "never in earshot, unless it's glaringly obvious" he'd say with another stretch "and yes, I do believe you are right" he'd say with a smile "There were some quests that before the launch ended with a cliff hanger, but now we can continue them" He'd then stand up "I shouldn't stay up too much longer though, I still have college later and I don't really want to fall asleep in a lecture again" he says with a chuckle.