Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is better Equstria Girls or The Ponies?

MLPForLife

Ponies. I was all into the ponies at the start of the show, and was all against Equestria Girls from the moment they were created. Nowadays I accept Equestria Girls only for Sunset Shimmer, but mostly in her pony form.

• Brohoof 2

I like both.

But I prefer the ponehs. The characterization of Equestria Girls is still really good, but the whole highschool setting kinda throws a wrench in the works for me.

• Brohoof 2

I like Equestria Girls a lot more than I used to, but I still prefer ponies. :pinkie: While the staff has done an amazing job with the recent EqG specials, I think the more fantastic setting of Equestria allows them to do things that would be a bit out of place in the (slightly) more realistic human world. Also FIM doesn't have the references to social media and such I'm not that interested in (though thankfully it's usually kept to a minimum in EqG).

That's not to say there are no exceptions to this preference! Out of the specials released this summer, I found "Sunset's Backstage Pass" more entertaining than "Rainbow Roadtrip". But in general, I look forward to ponies a bit more than their human equivalents. :twi:

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 4

Well in all honesty i gonna have to say i like EQG better than mlp currently and here is why

EQG: EQG has some interesting concept on the take of human world such as high school,social media,etc but i also like it because i feel like the writers and such put more effort into it. i also like EQG better than mlpfim because it kinda what got me into the fandom

MLPFIM: MLPFIM is a good show and im not saying it bad at all but what i am saying is that they really run out of ideas i feel like. I mean they add a ""Bootleg"" Sunset shimmer i feel like which is ok i guess but im not a huge fan of starlight glimmer. I also do not feel like the show is very....well....Entertaning any more as i feel like there just starting to come up with plots that already been used.

Final Thoughts: So in all honesty i like EQG better because i feel like there more of a story and interesting concept and i really do hope it continues in G5 but if not it will always hold a place in my heart as one of my favorite things to come from MLPFIM

MV5BOGUyODgzYjktOGJjOC00MTI3LThiNjQtOGZjMDcyMDg4OGY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcxMTk4Mzc@._V1_.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Even though I enjoy My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I think it is a lot easier to relate to the ponies human counterparts. 

Which, is why I prefer Equestria Girls to Friendship is Magic in most cases. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 4

3 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

To be fair, Shimmy *is* technically a pony (so why IS Flash Sentry so hung up on pony girls?)

SoSorry.png.c05a5f62150693129326449055b30646.png

That's a fair point. I guess I'm so used to Sunset Shimmer being human I forgot she was a pony at heart. Either way she's adorable, but I guess that could change the question itself, since she's kind of both: a pony, but wants to live as a human.

As for Flash Sentry, I don't know, if a lovely pony girl like Sunset or Twilight crossed my path, knowing who they were in their true forms, I'd still be interested. ♥

Ponies ALL the way. I’m way more into the overall magical fantasy land with varying sapient races, magically manipulated forces of nature, and mythical beasts than I am into technicolor teenaged humans with magical girl superpowers.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

Ponies is more innocent and overall a better series. I love the equestria girls character designs and outfits. When I get better at sewing I'm going to try and sew my daughter some of their dresses. The ponies are pure. The girls are too... human. They have cell phones. Do trivial human things. Don't submit to the absolute authority of celestia and Luna. 

• Brohoof 2

The short answer is: Yes! ^_^ 

But seriously, I think EQG has gone surprisingly better in recent years, Forgotten Friendship being my favorite of the bunch. If they had added a little more seasoning, I would say they would rival the original series in quality! 

• Brohoof 4

10 hours ago, Novae said:

That's a fair point. I guess I'm so used to Sunset Shimmer being human I forgot she was a pony at heart. Either way she's adorable, but I guess that could change the question itself, since she's kind of both: a pony, but wants to live as a human.

As for Flash Sentry, I don't know, if a lovely pony girl like Sunset or Twilight crossed my path, knowing who they were in their true forms, I'd still be interested. ♥

I thought he was just specifically hung up on Pony Twilight, not Pony girls in general. And on that, I don't know, personality-wise, there seems to be a rather noticeable personality divide between E.G. Twilight and the Pony one. I think it's because before she was introduced, Sunset had already become the Twilight of the group.

Even aside from them though, with Pony RD as a waifu, when I think about her E.G. counterpart... yeah, she's still attractive and fun, but... my gut feeling is that would be a much more strained relationship than it would be with the Pony. Is it just because of all the extra teen angst that pervades high-school, even one as utopian as Canterlot High?

Also in the back of my mind, I also know that there's much less to worry about with the Ponies. They're established in their lives and their jobs. Ponyville is their home. We all know what usually happens to friendships at the end of highschool (unless Canterlot High is in some kind of Neverland where nobody ever has to grow up).

• Brohoof 1

Also, pony Twilight is an adult, while human Twilight is a schoolgirl, though she hopefully is in 12th grade, so, maybe old enough for it to not be weird. 

5 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

We all know what usually happens to friendships at the end of highschool

But there are exceptions. The human Mane 7 will still most likely be friends. I mean I went to school with my two best friends only until grade 8, after that we went to different schools (and moved to different parts of the city) and different universities. We are still good friends, many years after finishing school and even more years after our last class together.

• Brohoof 1