Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a Pony Exchange Thread

Quinch

Would you be interested participating in an AAP exchange?  

4 users have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested participating in an AAP exchange?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • With conditions {explain below}

So, I had a thought. And yes, that usually leads to trouble, but what can you do?

I've noticed that, with some exceptions, a lot of AAP threads tend to get created, run for a few days, a week or so, maybe longer, and then fizzle out, sometimes due to lack of interest from the original poster, but also due to a lack of questions which, well, keep the threads going.

Likewise, I am interested in learning more about others, but also seeing what others find interesting as well. So my thought went like this.... much like some artists have art exchanges, why not question exchanges? If someone has an AAP thread of their own that they would like to keep answering, they can say so here, and if other users are in a same situation, they can ask their questions in return for having questions asked from them.

This does involve a degree of... let's call it trust, from everybody involved. After all, doing this would require a degree of genuine interest in others with whom you are working, rather than just padding with questions in order to receive interest for yourself. But... while I don't know everyone {let alone not nearly as many as I'd like} I do like to think that trust would not be misplaced.

Any thoughts?

That's definitely a possibility that runs with it. That said, I do believe the likelihood of AAP becoming more engaged, first with each other but hopefully attracting more attention outwards does make for it.