Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming sony or microsoft

Angle Alastor

The PS4 has a better library and exclusives like Spider-Man, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, God of War, etc.,

• Brohoof 1

Niether. Nintendo is the Disney of the Video Game Industry whose games can appeal to all demographics, young and old; not just the hardcore gamers who perpetuate the stereotype that all gamers are violence-loving freaks.

Plus Nintendo has been in the video game much longer than the other two. The fact the big N can still stay in the Industry despite being less powerful hardware-wise compared to its competition is way more impressive than having the latest technical specifications!

That's not saying I hate PlayStation or XBOX. Games are supposed to be fun no matter what system you play. If you love the games on PlayStation or XBOX, go ahead and enjoy them

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 1

For me; it's been Nintendo and Sony that are the leaders of this generation. This isn't a swipe at Microsoft or the Xbox line of consoles, but while I own a Xbox One; there's been little to no incentive for me to play it. I can't guarantee that I'll even invest in a next generation console from Microsoft unless the exclusive lineup improves.

• Brohoof 1

Console-wise or company-wise? If we're talking the latter, I never entirely liked either of them. :dry:

Since I'm assuming the former, I do not like either of their current gen consoles. XBOne looks like a DVR player and has no games I'd remotely care for on it I can't just get on PC, and as for the PS4 same thing kind of goes there as well, and they BOTH LOOK LIKE DVR PLAYERS INSTEAD OF CONSOLES :laugh:. Not to mention the online subscriptions are NOT cheap. Really the only current gen console that I'd take is the Switch, because since its inception it's really been the dominant console sales-wise, as well as just having those generally miles better Nintendo exclusives... 

Historically speaking, I'm still more of a fan of Nintendo than either of them, though I did like the PS2 and the Xbox 360 (of course, 360's made after the RROD fix. Seriously, that should have been fixed BEFORE launch, not MONTHS after... :unamused:). Otherwise, Nintendo consoles were really the only consoles that ever caught my eye at any point. I did have a PS1 at some point, but the only game I really ever played on it was Chrono Cross, and maybe a little of Crash Bandicoot. Though Nintendo-wise I have played literally all of their consoles from Gen 4 on (before Playstations or Xbox consoles even existed), and I just have to say their games as a whole have mostly been better than the Xbox/PS titles.

Edited by Dustlicious

Honestly i may have grew up with nintendo but i do like sony and microsoft too... so its a hard choice for me as all 3 systems got games i like, nintendo switch for smash and others, sony for persona and god of war and more, microsoft for halo, gears of war and more again, so its hard to choose as i like all 3 companies... even if nintendo has a tendency to attack their fans over their ips and sony being bigot over cross play and microsoft.... well i havent seen them screw up badly like sony and nintenod has... well... yet anyways lol. So my choice now.... thats like i said a toughy but for now i shall just enjoy all 3 and enjoy their games.... cuz aint that the point?

well the xbox 1 my uncle owns, i just use it occasionally, and i got a few ps4 games and that ps4 is my aunts, the switch i own, got smash, mario kart 8 deluxe and a few others, just 100% Blaster Master Zero and i plan to get the second one at the end of this month hopefully x3 still like i said.. i cant choose as i like all the systems, even pc for the games on there too.

Sony for me. While both consoles have similar libraries and pretty much share any game I would ever play, I've always had this notion that Microsoft/Xbox is the system brand most associated with violent/horror/etc video games and thus I've never gotten one. I know that notion isn't true, as the PlayStation is chalk full of games like that, too (so much so that I can't watch their conferences). It's just a notion I came upon years ago. Now I've had Sony systems for 16 or so years and have grown used to them and love their controller, so I've just come to see the Xbox as something different from what I'm used to, and not a necessary thing for me to own.

I think another reason I chose the PS2 over the Xbox was because I wanted to play Kingdom Hearts. I also wanted to try Final Fantasy games, which were a Sony exclusive back then. Although I never really got into the FF series.

18 hours ago, Bas said:

Got an old PSP still here, playing some fangames on it as well. There seems to be some great ones for it.

You can play custom games on the psp?

I don't have a preference, as I barely have any experience with either of them. My experience in consoles lie with Nintendo and Sega.

• 5 weeks later...