Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A solution if you are that distraught over the show ending...

twilightsparkle3562

Yeah, I'm not too sad. it's not like the show will be phased out of existence forever; I can always rewatch it (and the past generations too).

In fact, I'm glad FiM isn't running for too long. After all, TV shows either end good, or last long enough to turn bad.

• Brohoof 5

2 hours ago, twilightsparkle3562 said:

...just go back to episode 1 and start over again.  

I would be great if I could just wipe out my memory for every episode whenever I please in order to experience them for the first time forever tho :sunny:

• Brohoof 1

A new experience I came across when rewatching the show is doing it with 0.90 speed. The slower speed changes the audio where the female voices sound completely different. It's like they all have different voice actors.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

Put show on loop. From season 1 episode 1 to Season 9 episode 25, just before the final episode. Show never reaches it's end, ponies are stuck in an eternal time loop as you rewatch and rewatch and rewatch until you can quote nearly the whole series word for word. You don't need other shows, you just need ponies.

You. just. need. ponies.:lostit:

• Brohoof 3

Watch my favorite episodes, get more pony merch, get the comics/manga, go about my business on anything else I'm interested in

• Brohoof 4

... then you should find a healthy outlet for it.

May I suggest the idea of writing or recording your own fanfic, chronicling what happens from there?  You don't even have to share it with anyone; do it for yourself.

Perhaps you'd be the kind of person who might find it fascinating to see where all the different lessons from the show fit into your own life?  Not just current days, but how those lessons applied to the fondest memories of your past...

Hey, couldn't you put together a scrapbook for the show?  Highlight your favorite moments, focus on specific characters, even keep track of the Lunar Calendar!  And you can do it either with crafting skills and glue/tape/nails, or you can make a digital one!

Make a list of what things from the show that any of the characters did that you'd want to try someday... then start figuring out how to make it happen for real.

And, if all else fails, just remind yourself that nothing lasts forever - but the memories that you hold in your heart can at least last you the rest of your lifetime, and there's no shame in giving a little smile when someone's way of speaking reminds you of a particular purple alicorn, or if you taste freshly-baked apple pie & feel it would be worthy of Sweet Apple Acres, or even if someone asks for a little glass of water, please - sending a song rolling through your brainpan.  

For what it's worth, I've discovered that - as I get older - I find myself going over older memories of things I enjoyed as a kid... and strangely, the memories are rarely bitter ones; I'm more focused on the fact I got to experience it, not the emotion of no longer doing so.  There's a sigh at the end, yeah... but that's okay, too.  It just means I'm aware of my fondness for the past, and I respect reality enough to know when it's okay for it to be over.

Keep your memories - not like sourballs, but like tasty drops of buttercream.  And please, snack responsibly.  };]     

• Brohoof 4

I've watched most episodes many times, but  for me, a decent alternative is the world of fanfiction, given how open and expansive it can be. It may not be the same, but it's a hearty way to keep things going.

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Cash In said:

I've watched most episodes many times, but  for me, a decent alternative is the world of fanfiction, given how open and expansive it can be. It may not be the same, but it's a hearty way to keep things going.

I'm actually planning on doing my own Season 10 on fimfiction.net sometime in the fall.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

... then you should find a healthy outlet for it.

May I suggest the idea of writing or recording your own fanfic, chronicling what happens from there?  You don't even have to share it with anyone; do it for yourself.

Perhaps you'd be the kind of person who might find it fascinating to see where all the different lessons from the show fit into your own life?  Not just current days, but how those lessons applied to the fondest memories of your past...

Hey, couldn't you put together a scrapbook for the show?  Highlight your favorite moments, focus on specific characters, even keep track of the Lunar Calendar!  And you can do it either with crafting skills and glue/tape/nails, or you can make a digital one!

Make a list of what things from the show that any of the characters did that you'd want to try someday... then start figuring out how to make it happen for real.

And, if all else fails, just remind yourself that nothing lasts forever - but the memories that you hold in your heart can at least last you the rest of your lifetime, and there's no shame in giving a little smile when someone's way of speaking reminds you of a particular purple alicorn, or if you taste freshly-baked apple pie & feel it would be worthy of Sweet Apple Acres, or even if someone asks for a little glass of water, please - sending a song rolling through your brainpan.  

For what it's worth, I've discovered that - as I get older - I find myself going over older memories of things I enjoyed as a kid... and strangely, the memories are rarely bitter ones; I'm more focused on the fact I got to experience it, not the emotion of no longer doing so.  There's a sigh at the end, yeah... but that's okay, too.  It just means I'm aware of my fondness for the past, and I respect reality enough to know when it's okay for it to be over.

Keep your memories - not like sourballs, but like tasty drops of buttercream.  And please, snack responsibly.  };]     

I DO plan to write at least one fic, and definitely try my hand at drawing :huh:

• Brohoof 1

The show ending isn't that world-ending for me. It's gone on for way longer than it needed to honestly. Some other shows could only wish to go on for as long as MLP went on. I'll always love the show for what it started as rather than being disappointed at what it became. The episodes and songs that I loved will always be there for me to watch and listen to.

Edited by RulesofRarity
  • Brohoof 1

43 minutes ago, RulesofRarity said:

The show ending isn't that world-ending for me. It's gone on for way longer than it needed to honestly. Some other shows could only wish to go on for as long as MLP went on. I'll always love the show for what it started as rather than being disappointed at what it became. The episodes and songs that I loved will always be there for me to watch and listen to.

Well I love what it began as and what it became. But to each their own.

• Brohoof 2