Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spoiler content in activity feed

Tacodidra

I'm not sure if anything can be done about this, but there's a potentially significant problem I've noticed lately. Posts from the "Season 9 Spoilers and Speculation" area keep appearing in the activity feed (Search -> All Activity), including ones from a thread that has "heavy spoilers" according to the title. I'm guessing at least some users use this to look at new posts on the forum (I certainly do so at times), and as such, they will see any posts from this area appearing (at least the content not placed in spoiler boxes). Is there any way to prevent posts from that board from appearing there?

I guess the same might also be the case with the profiles of people who posted in these threads...

• Brohoof 4

According to Jeric there is no easy solution for this. The only solution currently would be restricting access to that entire forum. Admittedly, this solution isn't very good.

• Brohoof 2

Before IPB 4 we could designate a forum “protected” which would mean it would not appear on index, searches, walls, etc. that is how we set up Life Advice and Debate Pit back then.

Currently that isn’t an option. I can keep topics and posts from a forum off the index page through another method, but I cannot keep it off a feed, unless make it so you have to Opt-In to see it, which is possible but may be a hassle for users as they would need to wait for an admin to assist or do something to trigger access. 

If you don’t care about the hassle I’ll look at changing things. 

• Brohoof 3

Even something small would be better than nothing. It would suck for users to get spoiled due to no fault of their own - that's what happened to me and I ended up succumbing to my curiosity by watching the Dutch episodes.

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 1

This is addressed. The Spoiler Forum is locked and inaccessible until you create a a topic in the Spoiler Lobby. Other wise you can’t see anything in there ;)

• Brohoof 1