Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Paint?

CinnamonSwirl

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this.  Please let me know if it's not.  Anyways, I seen people draw BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING drawings and paint them on their phone or laptop.  Any tips?  My drawing (not profile picture) is horrible to where i just want to toss my OC'S and quit drawing. it's not as amazing as what i find on pinterest :(

@ChocolateSwirl moved to Visual Fanart Resources subforum as the topic deals with assistance request rather than an actual art piece request!

Good luck, I am sure some people will be willing to give tips!

• Brohoof 1

that is how all those great artist you see and admire started out, you did the amazing first step, and began drawing, keep at it and you'll improve in time, drawing, like most everything else is an skill you have to hone little by little, if you love doing it and don't give up, you'll get there, good luck, looking forward to see your art grow

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Passion said:

@ChocolateSwirl moved to Visual Fanart Resources subforum as the topic deals with assistance request rather than an actual art piece request!

Good luck, I am sure some people will be willing to give tips!

Thank you. sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

I don't see a reason to compare to or compete against others. At first glance at your art, you already stand out, all by yourself! That Rarity is amazing! The shading is incredible! :love:

My first experience of drawing on a phone was today, and it didn't go very well. But I wouldn't blame the phone, it was a very new iPhone, and I don't blame my thick fingers. I just don't have the training, or the hours put down using it. (Also, it is not something I would use to draw on, unless there is a good pen/stylus to use).

I say, just relax. You have what it takes. You choose what you draw with, that is your choice, not others to decide.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, ChocolateSwirl said:

No. I use my finger

try getting a phone pencil to have a better view of your actions.

as a tip, draw every day, even a little bit will do. use references, watch videos of process from the pros. study poses.

dont study everything at once, work on weekly themes, like... one week poses, other week proportion, other faces and so on. have fun. :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, Usager said:

try getting a phone pencil to have a better view of your actions.

as a tip, draw every day, even a little bit will do. use references, watch videos of process from the pros. study poses.

dont study everything at once, work on weekly themes, like... one week poses, other week proportion, other faces and so on. have fun. :mlp_icwudt:

Thank you. Any recommendations for apps? i use Medibang. i try to draw, whether it be pony related, pikachu or anything. My biggest thing is body structure and making it to where the face is aligned withe eyes and the nose.

18 hours ago, Splashee said:

I don't see a reason to compare to or compete against others. At first glance at your art, you already stand out, all by yourself! That Rarity is amazing! The shading is incredible! :love:

My first experience of drawing on a phone was today, and it didn't go very well. But I wouldn't blame the phone, it was a very new iPhone, and I don't blame my thick fingers. I just don't have the training, or the hours put down using it. (Also, it is not something I would use to draw on, unless there is a good pen/stylus to use).

I say, just relax. You have what it takes. You choose what you draw with, that is your choice, not others to decide.

• Brohoof 1

I use sai2 for comfyness. The program its a tool to print your ideas, my skills didnt improve by just changing programs :mlp_icwudt:

If its for pc, sai2 (even sai will do) and clipstudio paint are pretty good.

1 hour ago, Usager said:

I use sai2 for comfyness. The program its a tool to print your ideas, my skills didnt improve by just changing programs :mlp_icwudt:

If its for pc, sai2 (even sai will do) and clipstudio paint are pretty good.

is it available for Android? I dont have a computer or a laptop..i know i know...strapped for cash a lot. 2 big car notes.