Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you react if you were frozen in time for 100 years?

DivineMist1000

I see this concept all the time in movies and games, where the character ends up in a cryogenic pod or stasis chamber and they stay in there for a whole century or more! 

Everyone you knew before is probably dead, the world could have changed drastically in that time and you suddenly wake up having not aged a day since you were frozen!

It'd be kinda scary actually. Waking up in an unfamiliar world with probably no friends to help you out? That'd be crazy!

• Brohoof 3

“Alright! Where’s the beer.” Would be my reaction. 

But no in all seriousness...I’d probably go explore and see how the human race has evolved. :dash:

• Brohoof 2

How I react would probably depend heavily on how much the world has changed, honestly.

But I'd probably try and find all the newest tech, to see how far we've come and what new conveniences there are.

• Brohoof 2

If I made the discussion my self then I would be fine with it.

Now if I did not make the discussion and it was the discussion of let’s say Starlight Glimmer or something thennnn I will be freaked out.

And it also depends on the time I’ve been sent to.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, it wouldn't worry me that much, since the stated time frame is only 100 years. While a lot of the decorations have been moved around, people haven't changed that much in 100 years. They still do the same stupid stuff they did before, they just do it with different slang and costumes. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, R.D.Dash said:

tenor.gif

In 100 years there might be nothing to comeback too. But then again it's only 100 years.

You know Fry has been in that thing for a thousand years, right?

As for me, I would be able to tell you how Aang felt in the Last Airbender series

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

You know Fry has been in that thing for a thousand years, right?

As for me, I would be able to tell you how Aang felt in the Last Airbender series

Yap,

Did humans figure out how to create FTL travel yet? Froze me back up.

Did humans nuked each other in the war for resources, yet? Cryochamber is broken you say.:lostit:

Did hyper-inteligent ponies rebelled against humanity and then became a dominant lifeform on the planet? Well, I guess I am screwed anyway.

Edited by R.D.Dash
  • Brohoof 1

I'd say itd definitely be a new experience, would prolly react the same way someone would be coming out of a coma for a long time. Especially if you lost your memory too. Scared, nervous, confused. :P

• Brohoof 1

Everyone I know would be gone. That would be an extremely unpleasant experience for me. I also imagine it would be hard to adjust to the changed culture (whether it's gone forward or backward). I'd also be scared to see what music is like in a hundred years, when pop music in the 2010s has already become so electronic and hollow.

The only plus I can think of is that there might be help for my medical conditions that isn't present now. That is assuming that the civilization hasn't been ravaged by climate change, that the extreme right wing wave that has taken over the West as of late hasn't hurt science progress (and everything else about society and the well-being of the planet as a whole *sigh*), etc., etc. There are a lot of factors that makes society a hundred years from now too much of a wild card to put my faith in.

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be interesting to see what had become of things after 100 years. I’m sure it would be a foreign place to what it is now, but I already feel like a stranger in a strange land as it is in the present time, so I’d welcome a look around just for fun. 

• Brohoof 2

I would want to see how things have changed since I had been frozen. Of course, I would have to settle in an unfamiliar society, though I would try and find the descendants of my relatives, as they would be able to help me out.

• Brohoof 1

I would be devastated. My girlfriend, parents, brother...they all would be already dead. I wouldn't know what to do and I totally would not care about changes that have taken place in the world, no matter how spectacular would they be. 

• Brohoof 1