Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general If I ran a software company, I'd make the ultimate suite for creative software

Plonkett

If i made a software company, i would create a suite where each program has the best features of similar software and more. What would make this suite stand out is the integration and the ability to collaborate. Each software would work very well with third party software, and each would support all the most widely used file types.

This suite would exist for three reasons: 1. Existing software often have striking limitations. 2. Many of them have either weak or no compatibility. 3. Using all different software for certain tasks to get around their limitations is inconvenient and time consuming.

The suite would have a scriptwriting software, a storyboarding/animatic software, a 2d animation software, a raster graphics software, a 3d graphics software, a compositing/VFX software, an NLE, a scorewriter, and a DAW.

The scriptwriting software would compete with Final Draft, Fade In, Celtx, Movie Magic Screenwriter, and WriterDuet.

The storyboarding software would compete with Storyboard Pro, Toonz Story Planner, TVPaint, Photoshop, and Storyboarder.

The 2d animation software would compete with Animate/Flash, Toon Boom Harmony, TVPaint, Opentoonz, Moho, and the upcoming Animation Paper.

For illustration, the raster graphics software would compete with Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint, Corel Painter, Artrage, Krita, and Sketchbook Pro. For editing, it would compete with Photoshop, GIMP, Photoline, and Affinity Photo.

The 3d graphics software would compete with Maya, 3DS Max, Blender, Cinema 4d, Houdini, Modo, and Lightware 3d.

The compositing software would compete with After Effects, Hitfilm, Nuke, Fusion, Flame, Natron, and Toon Boom's and Opentoonz's compositing and VFX tools.

The NLE would compete with Media Composer, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Vegas Pro, Davinci Resolve, Lightworks, and Hitfilm. It would compete with Davinci Resolve for color grading.

The scorewriter would compete with Sibelius, Finale, Dorico, and Musescore.

The DAW would compete with Pro Tools, Nuendo, Cubase, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Reaper, Sonar, Digital Performer, Studio One, Samplitube, Reason, and Audition.

Best thing about it is that the entire bundle would cost only $60, and with no subscription fee. It would be the perfect package who Pony animation creators.

Edited by vgmaster9

*Makes me think about Blender 3D*
Sometimes, a software is so different from the normal, that you start thinking, why couldn't all software be done in this way?
Then you read about Blender 3D from the developers perspective, and realize all the issues, and then you know why.

So I am a Microsoft fan. Basically, the old old days when Microsoft had MS-DOS, and was trying to get Windows out there. IBM and Microsoft worked together to create the next operating system which was named OS/2, and Microsoft took all the good ideas from their (at the time) failed Windows, to create the ultimate software.
This time is not only fascinating to read about from different developer's perspectives, but also look at how incredible everything was made to be, and it still didn't matter in the end!

Long story short: One event, and a software that was inferior to the rest, still got to be the software we are using today (basically). It doesn't matter how well the software is written, or the idea of it.

Today software is called "app", and the one that wins all the time has the title "fart" in it. It's fun, you should buy and try it!

Spoiler

It makes fart noises when you click the screen

• Brohoof 1