Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S09:E18 - She Talks to Angel

Dark Horse
Message added by Jeric

SPOILERS FOR THIS EPISODE ONLY ARE ALLOWED IN THIS TOPIC. NO SPOILERS RELATED TO EPISODES AFTER THIS WILL BE ALLOWED. 

She Talks to Angel  

69 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think

• Furious Bunny Noises
    • Annoyed Bunny Noises
    • Indifferent Bunny Noises
    • Impressed Bunny Noises
    • Adorable Bunny Noises

full.png

Title: She Talks to Angel
Air Date: August 31, 2019
Written By: Nick Confalone

Synopsis: When Fluttershy and Angel Bunny's relationship hits the skids, Zecora gives them a potion to help them understand each other.

Watch Live and chat with us on EquestriaTV in the CMC Clubhouse

• Brohoof 2

• This topic was featured and pinned
22 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

When Fluttershy and Angel Bunny's relationship hits the skids, Zecora gives them a potion to help them understand each other.

I guess counseling isn't an option in Equestria. :ooh:

• Brohoof 2

I gotta say, this has been my favorite episode of season 9 so far. It was funny, cute, and had a good lesson to be learned. Angel as Fluttershy was devilishly adorable also. 

• Brohoof 4

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I guess counseling isn't an option in Equestria. :ooh:

I mean, they've only got Starlight. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 4

Just now, Dark Horse said:

I mean, they've only got Starlight. :yeahno:

Starlight Glimmer *not* the pony I would go to for advice on how to deal with anger issues. 

Anyway, I hope this episode is better than it sounds since, I'm not a fan of "Flutter-witch" & that sounds like where this is headed. :sealed:

The description of the episode is extremely misleading. It’s the same theme as Royal Problem, but this time it’s Angel and Fluttershy and the entire bodies were switched, not just the cutie marks. I was pleasantly surprised, this episode ended up being a lot of fun. Angel is a lovable jerk, and the line about Discord cracked me up. Poor Fluttershy though. 

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Snow said:

Bruh.... haven't seen the episode yet... but cant Fluttershy already talk to animals? 

It's more about one getting to understand what the other has to go through.

Edited by Will Guide

It aired in China, with English audio. It will air in the US in about 3 hours. 

6 minutes ago, ChocolateSwirl said:

It hasn't aired yet? and what time does it come on?  I work today until 2PM :(

Edited by Rushing cash

13 hours ago, Snow said:

Bruh.... haven't seen the episode yet... but cant Fluttershy already talk to animals? 

She can speak to animals. She doesn’t always “talk” to them. ;)

So Fluttershy, who claims to be an expert on  animals, doesn't respect the predator/prey relationship and wants the carnivores to have a herbivorous diet, despite their anatomy not being suited for it?

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

So Fluttershy, who claims to be an expert on  animals, doesn't respect the predator/prey relationship and wants the carnivores to have a herbivorous diet, despite their anatomy not being suited for it?

I feel like Flutters wouldn't do this unless it was safe for the animals, considering that I have to assume the carnivores are capable of keeping a herbivorous diet in Equestria, at least temporarily.

Equestrian animals are already clearly not necessarily the same as real world animals, as they have enough intelligence for Fluttershy to be able to speak to them seemingly in the same way she could any pony and since they have things like book clubs, so they can apparently even read.

• Brohoof 8

7 minutes ago, BastementSparkle said:

I feel like Flutters wouldn't do this unless it was safe for the animals, considering that I have to assume the carnivores are capable of keeping a herbivorous diet in Equestria, at least temporarily.

Equestrian animals are already clearly not necessarily the same as real world animals, as they have enough intelligence for Fluttershy to be able to speak to them seemingly in the same way she could any pony and since they have things like book clubs, so they can apparently even read.

Yeah they’ve made it pretty transparent since early in the show that you can’t apply the same real world ecological biology to Equestrian animals. 

• Brohoof 6

19 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

It's a cartoon and the animals are sentient and can be reasoned with. Let it slide.

Angel Bunny truly shows he's a jerk with a heart of gold. I wouldn't be surprised if this episode's rescue him from the Scrappy Heap in some of his haters' eyes. I know not ALL of his haters will change their minds, but it was finally worth it to see Angel realize how hard it is for Shy.

Not since S6's Flutter Brutter have I personally seen a Fluttershy episode that beats it and speaks to me! Took me 3 years, but it was worth it!

• Brohoof 3

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode quite a bit for giving a closer look at Angel and Fluttershy's friendship, and I think this episode kind of explains Angel's bratty behavior. Angel is super lucky, far more lucky than most in that he has an actual friendship with a pony who can really, genuinely understand him. Most animals in the world of Equestria, despite their higher level of intelligence likely never get that, and even most animals who meet Fluttershy likely only see her temporarily for help, while Angel is one of her personal pets and is around her almost all the time. He's kind of spoiled in the way that, he has an actual pony friend he can communicate with, and he acts out when he feels like he's not getting her attention, because nopony else can really offer the same to him.

I've always thought the Angel hate was kind overexaggerated, and I swear it's almost entirely due to "Putting your Hoof Down". He has his spoiled or bratty moments outside of that episode sure, but almost any time I actually talk with someone who hates the character, it's that one episode they love to point out again and again, and no wonder, it's his worst appearance in the series. He's a total jerk the whole time and even slaps Flutters, which is supposed to be a gag since he's a little bunny slapping a full-grown pony, but people take it super seriously. Angel has a lot of moments where he's helpful to her, actually. "Hurricane Fluttershy" where he's the one who comforts her by brushing her mane and helps her with her training, "Dragonshy" where he's the one who points out the smoke to her, "A Bird in the Hoof" where he's the one to remind her of Celestia's visit and the little party, "Scare Master" where he helps her come up with ideas for scaring her friends, etc. He's not always being mean to Flutters just to be mean, sometimes that "Meanness" is him trying to help by getting her attention or trying to get her out of her comfort zone and to do things she wouldn't do otherwise.

Actually, I've kind of noticed that for all her shyness, Flutters seems drawn to people with more abrasive or aggressive attitudes. First example being Rainbow Dash, her oldest friend, and while Rainbow is loyal and often tries her best to be supportive, she's not always the most sensitive of ponies and often seems to have hard time really "Getting" Fluttershy and can maybe be a little too pushy sometimes. Her closest pet is Angel, as the second example. For the third and most extreme example, there's Discord, who's the literal spirit of chaos and a reformed villain. I think Fluttershy actually wants and appreciates people who try and push her to do things she wouldn't do otherwise, even if they aren't always the most easy to deal with.

Edited by BastementSparkle
  • Brohoof 7